IMDb > Bounty Hunters (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bail Enforcers

Bounty Hunters More at IMDbPro »Bail Enforcers (original title)

Pretty much get what you expect

Author: Robosharp from United Kingdom
11 March 2012

Any body that rents this movie, will not be looking for Oscar winning performances, clever plot twist, or a harrowing or moving narrative. - No, those that rent this movie want to see Trish Status looking hot and kicking butt, thats what the poster suggests and thats exactly what you get.

It would have to be noted though, that the acting and scripting in this movie are particularly below par (Classic B-Movie stuff here. The two male bounty hunters who accompany miss Stratus through the story, are certainly not in it to advertise their acting talents. One of which is supposed to provide a comic element, but only irritates throughout.

However the acting and the "plot" always feels irrelevant and second fiddle to the movies main agenda - which is to get Trish (ex wwe wrestler), looking fit and fighting fit - and its here where the film does deliver.

Stratus is also not looking for any acting Oscars here, but is looking to show off her fighting talents gained from her wrestling background. It has to be said, the fight sequences are decent, and Stratus does put a lot of energy in to them.

In summary not a good film by any means, but Trish does squeeze a guy unconscious with her thighs, which is probably why I give this film a generous 5 out of 10.

ummm

Author: Philip V from United Kingdom
12 March 2012

It took me several attempts to get through this movie; with the title and the star I figured it would not be high brow, but how low brow could you get.

You would think there would be good action shots, there was not, Made be a script that had some sense, not good sense just some, nope nothing there, Maybe some credible acting in the film, well I admit I missed that scene. That just leaves having beautiful people posing about, sorry not even that...

Please somebody tell me why I slugged my way through this? Am I going insane? Even if you are very very bored, watching paint dry is far more entertaining than this movie. I only registered with this site to save others the pain of this film!

Wrestling promo dressed as a movie

Author: swedish_chef_dave from Spain
31 October 2011

I sometimes enjoy B Movies as they can be entertaining, this was in this line but the wooden acting and horribly staged fight scenes just killed any interest in the movie. The plot itself was believable but the way every scene was directed at the female wrestling star getting into a fight and kicking some ass, but it all got too much and boring, the wrestler had a great physique but not much in the way of acting talent. The funny guy was just plain stupid and not much of an actor or even a wrestler. The lead actor was restricted by the poor script and pregnant pauses where they would concoct some scenario to get into a giant fight, where any gang killers would have shot everyone dead within seconds, which should have happened to all actors, directors, producers and anyone else involved with this creation.

Trish Stratus Rocks!

Author: timmaher94
31 March 2012

I went into this movie to see Trish Stratus kick some major ass. That's exactly what you get here. I don't want to give anything away that would ruin this movie for others. I am a WWE fan so I had to see how she did in her film debut. I liked the jokes and the action throughout the movie. This was better than most action movies I have seen in a while. I like to watch an independent film every now and again because to be truthful most indie movies are better than most of the films that come out in theaters. I really enjoyed this movie and the characters. If you had put to many clichés into this movie than I wouldn't have liked it so much. That's why this movie works. Again, I will say see this movie see it for the action and Trish Stratus.

Trish Brings It

Author: kholt9 from United States
9 June 2013

This one is definitely a B-movie that would come on late night cable. It stars WWE Hall of Fame diva Trish Stratus in a non-WWE studio production. Which by the language you can tell early in the movie wouldn't fit into the WWE PG product image. Trish plays Jules bounty hunter who also a bartender at a strip club on the side. She is a single mother trying to get ahead. She is a member of team of three bounty hunters. The bounty hunter crew is led by Ridley played by Frank Zupancic whom Jules also has some romantic tension with. The crew is rounded out by Chase who is played by Boomer Phillips.

The story revolves around the crew getting a hot tip on a bounty from a person they captured. He informs them about a bigger bounty worth one thousand dollars. The team decides to take on the task on going after the big money and it becomes way more then what they bargained for. This movie has some solid action and Trish get to kick some ass. The story is not the best written but the movie still is able to keep your attention for the 80 minutes.

If a 79 minute movie has FILLER, beware.

Author: Comeuppance Reviews from United States Minor Outlying Islands
24 September 2015

Ridley (Zupancic), Chase (Phillips), and Jules (Stratus) are a team of Toronto-based bounty hunters. Bounty Huntering apparently isn't paying the bills enough for Jules, who has a young daughter, so she has a side job as a strip club waitress part-time. A potential opportunity arises for our trio of 'tracers when, after picking up a bad guy for a $100,000 bounty, mob boss Hal Lambino (Rafla) intervenes and offers them a million dollars if they turn the guy over to him, so he won't spill the beans in court. Wary of this criminal proposition, the Bounty Hunters refuse, and now they have to fight off many baddies in the Canadian underworld. This includes some disgruntled Asian massage parlor ladies, including one especially tough chick, Ruby (Lui), who has a knock-down, drag-out fight with Jules. Will justice prevail in the great white north? Will the maple leaf of freedom fly proudly once again? Will it be, as she has so often claimed, Stratusfaction guaranteed?....Ya HOSER! While it shouldn't be confused with the Michael Dudikoff outings Bounty Hunters (1996) and Bounty Hunters 2: Hardball (1997), THIS Bounty Hunters does share the silly, humorous, tongue-in-cheek vibe of those 90's offerings. For those keeping track, there's also the Robert Ginty vehicle Bounty Hunter (1990) and of course the Lorenzo Lamas/Matthias Hues team-up Bounty Tracker (1993). Seeing as how this movie is called Bail Enforcers in Canada, and there are so many other similarly-titled movies in the U.S., why change it at all? Is "Bail Enforcers" SO different from "Bounty Hunters"? Enough to make any kind of difference? Besides, this movie is so Canadian, we're surprised it wasn't originally called "Boonty Hunters, Eh?" - we kid our neighbors to the north, but at least they're not trying to hide the fact that they're Canadian, like so many others. These filmmakers are true patriots, letting the Canadianness of their movie really shine through, like maple syrup in the sun.

But, straight to the point, if there was no Trish Stratus, there'd be no movie. She brightens most of the scenes she's in, but at one point in the movie she "goes to the hospital" (was she doing WWE stuff at the same time?) and isn't seen for a while, and the movie suffers terribly. Bounty Hunters gets off to a great start, but at the 35 minute mark it loses steam and doesn't recover. The Tony Soprano-like Lambino character goes off on this long monologue and that puts the brakes on. THAT's when we sink down and realize, hey, this whole thing is low-budget, junky, and cheap-feeling. The dialogue goes from ridiculous to ridiculously stupid, and it all goes from "entertaining" to "meh...." What the filmmakers absolutely should have done is kept their foot on the gas, and kept the absurd situations coming fast and furious, not seemingly change the vibe.

At 79 minutes, you think you can't lose, but as we always say, beware the short movies. They're that way for a reason - because they FEEL much longer. Even the Trish Stratus fight scenes start to become repetitive and boring after a while, and those are the movie highlights! If a 79 minute movie has FILLER, beware. It tries to be sordid, with scenes in strip clubs and "massage parlors", but Canada is so clean it never comes off as gritty. The Bail Enforcement Agents have jackets that say "BEA" on the back (is this a real thing in Canada or made up for the movie?) which seem like a little old lady's personal protection force. Or Bea Arthur is really running the show. She should have done action movies. She could've have been the Trish Stratus of her day.

The first third or so of Bounty Hunters is stupidly, reasonably entertaining, but then falls off fast. Only fans with their heads in the StratusPhere are likely to truly appreciate the wanton silliness herein.

Crime Thriller About Female Empowerment

Author: zardoz-13 from United States
18 May 2012

Former WWE Diva Trish Stratus is partners with two male skip tracers in "Bounty Hunters" who battle trigger-happy mobsters in the asphalt jungle for a high ticket criminal on the lam. This mediocre comedy drama resembles the TV show "The Fall Guy," except Stratus is a bounty hunter who moonlights as a barmaid at a strip joint. Indeed, she knows how to handle herself as an early scene shows her bringing down a guy twice her size at a gym. Of course, the clown who works with her is so incompetent that he cannot protect her; he serves as a source of comic relief. "Psycho Ward" director Patrick McBrearty and scenarist Reese Eveneshen struggle to make the action appear spontaneous in this bounty hunters on the road opus. Literally, one thing leads to another, and the film takes place over the course of day, mostly after dark. Our heroic trio collar one bounty jumper and learn from him about the whereabouts of a bigger ticket. The small fry bounty jumper wants desperately to secure his freedom and tips them off about a major league criminal that organized crime wants to silence at any cost. They mean to kill Mario Antonio with extreme prejudice. Trish stars as Julie Taylor, Bail Enforcement Agent, who works with a young wannabe cop, Chase Thomson (Boomer Phillips) and Ridley (sad-eyed Frank J. Zupancic of "Sweet Karma"), an older fellow with romantic ties to our heroine.

McBrearty stages some amusing combat sequences where Stratus triumphs over her adversaries despite tough odds. Of course, "Bounty Hunters" amounts to lowbrow nonsense with a modicum of suspense. The big opening scene consists of a stand-off between the villains and two bounty hunters with Status caught in the middle. The best thing about this introductory scene is the way that the filmmakers establish the tight spot that the heroine is in by having her narrate it. After a few moments, the film flashbacks to ten hours earlier before our heroes had any idea about the predicament that they would land in by trying earn too much dough too quickly. The highlight of "Bounty Hunters" is the no-holds-barred babe-fight between Stratus in a school girl outfit and a female Asian cop in an ambulance that continues in an abandoned warehouse. No great shakes in any department, "Bounty Hunters" qualifies as fair to middling nonsense. Although "Bounty Hunters" boasts an R-rating profane language, violence and some sexuality as well as nudity, Stratus doesn't bare either boobs or bush. She has a lean, mean body and knows how to handle herself in a fight. Most of the humor is post-Tarantino. One of our heroine's cohorts talks to his penis about his appetite for sexy Asian broads. Characterization is confined to an absolute minimum. Chase is a loser type who suffered a hockey injury that keeps him from getting on the force, while Ridley is a community leader. Eveneshen furnishes a surfeit of garrulous dialogue that makes "Bounty Hunters" sound like something on late-night USA cable. Surprisingly enough, the threesome are somewhat charismatic and have decent chemistry. The dialogue among them is often smirk-worthy. Altogether, "Bounty Hunters" is a potboiler without pretensions.

Good Cheap fun...

Author: JoeB131 from United States
1 April 2012

I watched this and two major releases today. This film was a lot more fun than the big releases, to be sure.

The acting isn't great, but the plot moves along at a good pace, and they aren't hitting you over the head with a message or anything.

The plot is that a team of bounty hunters lets a petty crook go when he gives them a line on a big fish in the Mob. BUt the Mob wants this guy back pretty bad. The plot is to hang the action scenes on. The female lead is easy on the eyes and the cat-fight is worth the rental.

The film is barely Film School Quality, but honestly, I've seen big studios fritter away budgets larger than a small nations GDP and produce utter crap.

Trish's debut

Author: maxbrand77 from Toronto Ontario
23 June 2012

I used to see Trish Strastus on WWE television and she was with them for several years before she decided to pursue other things and in 2011 she manage to do a film which she did some good acting even though the story in some area's were weak. I'll give Stratus kudos of acting in this film which was pretty much a indie production that had low budget but it's these kind of films that keep me watching to bide sometime like I am right now to watch CPAC on television. Hopefully Stratus will do another film hopefully a much more better film. She has good talents due to her background as a former professional wrestler who certainly had a great run being a WWE diva before leaving the company.

An awful movie with very bad acting & dialog in between seeing Trish Stratus fighting in a tiny outfit which is OK. I say C

Author: Tony Heck (cosmo_tiger@hotmail.com) from United States
16 February 2012

"This guy is a mobster who probably did 100 things in his life he deserves to die for, why are we sticking up for him?" Jules (Stratus) is a Bail enforcer who along with her partner are the best in town. When they go after a dangerous mobster his "boss" finds out. He offers the hunters a deal to deliver the prisoner to him instead of the cops for $1,000,000. They must then decide what is the right thing to do. So...this is in on way a good or even OK movie on the surface. The plot (I use that term loosely) is overused and the acting is almost as bad as reality show acting. The fight scenes are so bad that even the WWE would say it's fake. All that said though the writers and the director are banking on the fact that putting Trish Stratus in a little school girl outfit while she fights will keep you watching. I am ashamed to admit that it worked. That is the only reason I kept watching. Overall, a horrible movie that is fun to watch. I give it a C.