IMDb > "The Mentalist" Code Red (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Mentalist" Code Red (2010)

« Prev | 39 of 151 Episodes | Next »

Glitch in this episode :)

Author: mister-freedom from Romania
13 January 2011

In The Mentalist season 2 episode 16 there are a number of glitches.

First, i believe that there was a simpler solution to the case. So the guy who released the virus must have used the antidote on himself first. What if they tested the five guys that were supposedly able to enter the room for having the antidote in their blood. Supposing that the antidote had some signature that they could find in the blood. And i believe that to be a reasonable theory given the fact that that chick said that if the antidote was to be used on a regular basis it would give adverse side effects that were "far too severe". Check for the side effects or whatever.

Second, if the killer entered the first room and then the second room and released the virus in the first room and then exited the first room, doesn't that mean that the virus must have spread into the second room and so on and so forth to the whole supposed radius ???

Outrageous episode of great series

Author: cal_tabernik from United States
20 March 2013

We like this series very much even though Jane is sometimes over the top. This episode, however, was too much: 1. Since the murdered girl knew that one of her coworkers was stealing the virus, don't you think she would have mentioned it in the hours it took her to die, which would have made the resolution pretty easy. 2. Jane's "ruse" made all those workers call their families and tell them they were going to die - little too extreme to catch the killer; what if one of the workers had decided to commit suicide. 3. One would think there was a way to determine who took the antidote. Even suggesting that the people take the test should have ferreted out the killer.

Thought For Sure It Must Be A Guest Writer!

Author: oodelolly from United States
27 October 2010

This script was filled with bizarre comments. Harken says, "Okay, we're copacetic." That doesn't seem like something a bureaucratic would say after putting away a deadly virus. More like, "We're clear", or even just a sigh of relief. And when Jane said "Fig for procedure", I laughed out loud! Who talks like that!? Not even Jane would say something weird like that. "A fig for a care, a fig for a woe!" Oh wait, that was John Heywood back in the 1500s. The episode was filled with random stuff like that, and it jerked me out of the story, which was pretty grandiose to begin with.

I mean, the average episode of The Mentalist has always been quirky with Jane responsible for 99% of it, and that's part of why I love the show. But in Code Red, everyone's dialog was filled with oddities that I can only imagine made the actors' jobs extra difficult. How do you say, "Fig for procedure" with a straight face?

I was shocked to see that Bruno Heller was the writer. My wife suggests that Bruno's no-talent cousin ghost wrote the episode for him because Bruno was too busy with other stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if she's right.

P.S. Alicia Seberg(Amy Price-Francis)'s death performance was laughable. A little coughing up of stage blood might have been gratuitous, but at least it would perhaps have given some visible cause for the odd gasping act that she gave. During the episode my wife speculated that maybe the death was being staged prematurely as part of the plot as a ploy set up by Jane, which would explain the shoddy performance because a scientist would be a bad actor. Eek. That was actually her acting.