IMDb > "Hellcats" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Hellcats"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Hellcats" More at IMDbPro »

An excellent series!

Author: Anna Jonas from London
3 July 2011

At first,I don't liked cheerleaders things.But when I watched the pilot of ''HellCats''I we're repeating this:

''Cheerleaders aren't a drug for get the cheers happy,but NOW I KNOW what is a real cheerleader.Is not cheering,but WORK,WORK,WORK!''

Is a story with laughs,fight,smiles,competitions and romance.

You wouldn't surrender about watching HellCats,only if you 'd think what I think before I watched HellCats.

An amazing show.

-Anna

10/10!

A Show Worth Cheering About

Author: Nicole Gius from Dallas, Texas
15 February 2011

As of late, Vampire Diaries is the highest rated show on the CW, averaging 3-4 million viewers each episode. But me? I'd rather watch a show about competitive cheerleading ANY DAY.

I have been itching for a TV series about cheerleading ever since I saw Bring It On, and as a result I had high hopes for Hellcats.

Said hopes were pretty much blown out of the water.

Hellcats is not only quite well written, but well acted to boot. Many criticize Aly Michalka's acting, but I feel that she holds her own along side the other actors.

However, the real star to keep an eye out for is the lovely Heather Hemmons. Hemmons adds real depth to the role of Alice Verdura. Every week we find another layer to peel away, and another reason to love both Heather and her character.

The entire cast is gorgeous, and the gentlemen are no exception. Jeff Hephner, Robbie Jones, Matt Barr, Ryan Kennedy, (and did I say Jeff Hephner?) all very nice eye candy.

Everything about Hellcats works, and that's part of what makes it so great.

Shows like this just don't come around every day.

Surprisingly Good

Author: ivison_1985 from United Kingdom
16 September 2010

After watching the first two episodes of this new series from the CW I was surprised to find myself getting into it, I expected this to be a copy off Bring It On with the writing being predictable and the acting poor, but watching this show I can see it has the potential to become the next One Tree Hill as it has everything their with the threat of loosing everything the team has to work together to pull off a winning season. The choreography is good allowing the cheering scene's and the practice's to flow. The main characters already have a good chemistry and I can see this show becoming one of the best CW shows ever made in the teen drama area.

It's underrated.

Author: Denis -
11 November 2010

It seriously is!

I'd give it a 10 out of 10 if it wasn't for a poor pilot introduction where, after watching most of released episodes by now, I was hoping to see why has Marty, more or less, lightly considered getting into the squad.

Other than that, I think the show is brilliant. Actors/actresses are good looking, all with different traits. Alice is mean, supercilious and selfish. Savannah is holier than thou, shy, fragile and uncertain if she fits in where she is now because of the influence her mother holds over her. Marty is pretty casual, humorous and always helpful. There are of course more interesting characters but where would the fun be in describing them all.

As far as the acting goes, I consider myself quite a show-a-holic and I think it just can't get much better and I wouldn't ask for better, I'm not really seeing any major flaws. The plot itself is very unpredictable and will always keep you on your toes, and the music added to it will further spice it up. The problems major characters go through are pretty realistic.

All that said, do not get fooled by keywords "cheer leading" and "teenager". This is so much more than that! I hope I'll get to see more than a season or two of Hellcats.

Addicted :)

Author: Erika from United States
29 September 2010

Being a cheerleader, I think that Hellcats shows people just how much work we put into our sport and how dangerous and competitive it can be. The characters have relatively recognizable personalities and some of the events in the show are very surprising, which makes everything that much more interesting. The only thing that bothers me with the show is some of the techniques they use, but since I'm involved in cheerleading, I look at the things they do very critically. If a viewer isn't too familiar with the sport, they probably wouldn't notice. All in all, I think it's a really good show with interesting and unpredictable events happening throughout.

Funny, well written story line! Great show

Author: Lulu Veney from United Kingdom
4 June 2011

Wow when my sister first talked me into watching this show with her i wasn't expecting much but its a really fun and interesting story about a group of cheerleaders . This programme has a lot of twists and you soon become accustomed to expecting the unexpected . You find your self glued to the intricately woven social lives of the students and staff at there college . It has a well written and incredibly full story line you will not find yourself bored whilst watching this programme . The characters are well thought out and witty with clear interesting personalities and backgrounds.

I would highly recommend this show to anyone who likes a bit of mystery and drama all hidden behind that perfect smile of the typical college cheerleaders .

Great Show!

Author: Tandy Jensen from Sydney, Australia
27 October 2010

Ashley Tisdale finally looks right in her natural hair color - in the past, I always mentally placed her blonde version in the same bucket as Paris Hilton. But it's a real and pleasant surprise to watch Ashley excel in a role (Savannah Monroe) that portrays exceptional strength of character. Hers is a role model that I wouldn't mind my own children to follow. In Hellcats she's not only beautiful, but also lovable.

Some people say this show is predictable. That's understandable, because everything makes sense. The story is well constructed to give the audience a satisfying experience. And yet, the more I watched, the more I can't wait for the next episode!

Surrounding the attractive core characters, the cheerleading routines are a pleasure to watch, the music is interesting, and their unfolding life stories are mesmerizing - is Marti going to succeed in freeing the wrongly-imprisoned man? is Lewis going to help coach the "dirty football" team to championship? why is Savannah's mother so eager to sell her out and will Savannah's big-heartedness eventually win her over? So many things to look forward to, I hope this show goes on for a long long time!

Beats your exceptions

Author: Leahrt from United States
18 September 2010

When I saw the commercial for Hellcats, I practically wanted to die. Dude! A cheerleading-show, and especially when they compared it to Bring it on!

Even worse got it when I saw the cast: Ashley Tisdale, the little horrible High School musical-actress - no way. I was totally against the show. I had almost already promised myself that I wouldn't even watch the premiere, but I couldn't help it and I watched it.

And it's not that bad at all. Basically it's about Marti, a lawyer student at Lancer College in Memphis. She is best friends with Dan (Matt Barr)and spends most of her time doing: homework, until her scholarship ends or it gets taken away. Marti must then find a new way to keep her in school, which she does by entering the cheerleading tryouts for the school's cheerleadingteam Hellcats.

Of course Marti makes it and she's basically introduced to a totally different world: Cheertown!

I like the characters, and from the beginning I thought that Marti would definitely be my favorite, but she's not, actually Savannah is - Ashley Tisdale role - since I find her storyline more interesting. She's the typical cheerleadingcaptain, and in the beginning you kind of get the feeling that she's the queen-bee, but she's not, she's bubbly and happy, but there's more beneath the surface, serious familyproblems. Compared to Marti who is a very big cliché-character, or that's just my opinion. She's the rebel-looking girl, smart and sexy, and even though she hates cheerleading in the beginning she still knows how to do a backflip because of a gymnastic-past. And of course she falls in love with one of the guys from the cheerleading-team, even though it's obvious that Dan - her best buddy is clearly in love with her.

Dan though I like (Matt Barr), maybe because he impressed me in One tree hill where he played a psychopath and in Harper's Island. In the beginning you kind of get the feeling that he's into Marti, until he gets introduced to Savannah - right now they're apparently having a little flirt - I hope it lasts, it would be too cheesy if he ends up with Marti. Kind of like One tree Hill did with Peyton and Lucas - major mistake.

But the show is not that bad. The script is okay, the acting is really impressing and some of the scenes are really good. I think a lot of people will enjoy the dance-scenes, which also gives this show extra credit, and makes it special. Have we ever seen a cheerleading-show? No, not from what I recall.

Love it or hate it... but it has potential which always brings options.

Girly, slightly cheesy but unpredictable

Author: Gabriellle from Netherlands
19 September 2010

When first seeing the trailers of the CW that announced to air a show about cheerleaders, I suspected it to be just like your average 'High School drama'-series involving love, hate and gossip. The title Hellcats tries to give a little 'edge' to the show. Although the acting is not great in this show it has a certain fun-factor that keeps me watching. Especially because "Hellcats" contradicts my prejudice about 'High School' and 'teenager' series. The storyline of the show is surprisingly unpredictable. The CW invested a lot in making this show look attractive. Apart from cheer leading this show involves a fun storyline, some comedy, some drama and a somewhat 'nasty' attitude of the characters. They're not called "Hellcats" for nothing.

Yeah...Cost a shot.

Author: shining-comet from Iran
31 August 2011

I actually am a big fan of dancing and music...so that's why i really enjoy watching Hellcats. The storyline intrigues you to keep on,the relations and competitions seem real and make connections with the watcher. And more than all the above, the cast,they really are perfect dancers and this is the most important cause that's make the show worth a shot...a shot that wont make you regret. The whole storyline is around cheerleaders competing for scholarship.The starring girl Aly Michalka(Marti) is really capable of doing almost everything you can imagine...and I'll go blind if you don't enjoy her being in a show with Ashley Tisdale.