IMDb > "Team Umizoomi" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Team Umizoomi" More at IMDbPro »

I shouldn't be the judge.

Author: fn0000rd from United States
11 October 2010

My 2 year old should be, and he LOVES this show. He never stops talking about it, and insists that he is an Umi-friend. He drives an Umi-car, etc.

This is the first show other than Blue's Clues that he actually pays attention to, and we have all 6 seasons of Blue's Clues in the house, Sesame Street episodes going back to 1969, Electric Company, Kai Lan, and all of the stuff that's currently on Nick, Jr or PBSKids. He'll watch any show for about 5 minutes, then he's off to find something else to play with, but for whatever reason (and it seems to be more than just Donovan Patton's voice), with this one he'll sit still for the full 20 minutes, and soak it all up. If you have a two year old in the house, you know that they can be like a ferret after a double espresso... This show appears to be the antidote.

He shouts out the answers to the questions, which he normally ignores on Kai Lan, Wonderpets, Blue, etc., and gets fully engaged with the show. It's done wonders for his shape recognition.

As a parent, I have to say that I like it too. Smart, funny, engaging, educational, and it can hold the attention of a wired two year old. My four year old watches it too, and despite the fact that he has wider- ranging tastes, he loves this show too.

Great Show, Son Loves It

Author: kailam77 from United States
12 November 2010

What makes a good kid's show? If it engages my child and teaches him something along the way, it's good in my book. If I can stand to watch it myself, that's an added bonus.

My son loves this show, loves the characters, and it helps him understand complex concepts - not just math, but how things work behind the scenes. I guess it's kind of the geek's kid show: teaching how to diagnose and resolve problems in everyday life using math and critical thinking. Who knew following around a tiny team of handy-people (essentially they are the city's plumbers, pest control, maintenance crew, etc.) could be made this fun and interesting. And the fact that I can watch it with him and not find myself annoyed is a HUGE plus.

This Show Has Good and Bad...

Author: krvmeister2338 from United States
16 November 2014

A lot of people love this show, and that's OK. For me, it's a mixed bag. It has a lot of positives, and a couple of negatives that are really hard to ignore. The worst thing about this show is the voices. It takes only one word for the voices to get really grating and annoying. Other than that, I don't have too much of a problem with the show. The concept is amazing, the characters are really cute. But, for me, the best part about it is the theme song. Yet, in the theme song, I've noticed the voices are a slight bit lower. It's hard for me to watch because about 4 minutes of an episode are a question, followed by 8-10 seconds of silence. Then again, a lot of shows do that. The thing I noticed is, the show will not be renewed for a 5th season for 2014-2015.