You have got to hand it to these people for one thing . . .

Author: charlytully from Rosebush
27 May 2011

. . . they sure know how to jump through all the hoops to get their DVD extras fully credited in the archives of IMDb. Though ANYONE (that is, movie insider glory hound desiring every smidgen of credit this site affords, or rank outsider such as myself who is good at following rather arcane rules in order to rate and comment on something that merits attention, even though the creators of that something are too disinterested or technophobic or publicist-deprived to do it themselves) can create a listing (that IMDb's PAID employees will double-check before posting), LESS THAN 10% of ALL DVD EXTRAS (most shorts, but some unlisted ones LONGER than 40 minutes) appear on IMDb. SMOKIN' ACES 2: ASSASSIN'S BALL has 5 such extras on this site:

1)Confessions of an Assassin (the actual "making of,"), 2)Behind the Scenes with (producer) Joe Carnahan (self-explanatory), 3)Cue the Clown (a pretty meaningless 3 minutes), 4)Ready, Aim, Fire: The Weapons of SA2 (NRA members will go ga-ga here), and 5)The Bunker Mentality: Designing the Set (for the opposite crowd to Ready, Aim, Fire--except they wouldn't be watching this in the first place, unless brow-beaten by their significant other!).

Average

Author: vanshoogy from United Kingdom
26 February 2010

Released in January 2010, Smokin' Aces 2 was a direct video release. Directed by P. J. Pesce and starring many unfamiliar faces in a complete turnaround to the all star prequel.

The plot follows the same basic story line as the first, there's a hit contract out, which lots of different people have been hired to do. It does divulge in to deeper storyline matters, but I will leave that to your viewing discretion, however I found the plot to be very subdued, yet I was unexpectedly surprised with all the clever changes and twists the writers have included.

Character wise we see the return of Lazlo Scoot, and Lester Tremor who has been accompanied by a further brother, alongside his sister and farther. I was disappointed with the lack of character development by the writers, the new assassins are nothing new and exciting, they lack deep back stories and aren't to the same calibre as in the prequel.

The films main character is FBI Agent Zane Baker, who is head of the protection program; he is played by Clayne Crawford (Kevin Wade in 24 season 8). I was pleasantly surprised by his role in the film, and felt he was highly credible and showed great skills for a man of his status. Crawford is 31 and has only been working in Films for a few years now, but it is evident he has what it takes to become on the A list of films, and I sincerely wish he achieves this. He is a breath of fresh air to a Hollywood film star list which can now be compared to an old song stuck on repeat.

Vinnie Jones also delivers his usual performance of the lovable British villain, who kills for both money and pleasure. This character has become a recurring role for Vinnie, as much as I enjoy watching him perform this role, I can't but feel it is becoming tiresome, maybe he should be trying to push the boundary out if he wanting to achieve higher aspirations.

The be all and end all of the film is there is no originality in the characters, the plot is lack lustred and just a reworked version of the prequel, with a less impressive cast and poor story and character development. It just isn't 'Smokin' Aces'.