Nikita (TV Series 2010–2013) Poster

(2010–2013)

Most Underrated Show for the CW
Jenny Wong4 July 2011
I thought this show would've been one of those cheesy cop shows where they dart around and catch people. But no, my perspective completely change. I love this show and I don't understand why there are only 2 - 3 million views each week. I thought after the 5th episode the whole show would be repetitive but then the writers changed it up a bit, each ending of every episode there's a slight cliffhanger. Well, the main reason why I love watching this is because there is so much tension between Michael and Nikita (they have amazing chemistry on the show :D). Overall, try watching this show without knowing what to expect, because this show is amazingggg!
81 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Not the old "Nikita" but still excellent.
curiosity_7182810 September 2010
I'm really surprised at the negativity directed at this new "Nikita" simply because it's not the old "Nikita". I enjoyed Peta Wilson's Nikita and I enjoyed Maggie Q in this latest version. I think it needs to be taken on it's own merits rather than compared to the original. If your problem is that this is not a frame-by-frame remake of the 1997 version, just Netflix it or buy the DVDs and watch it. (Incidentally, the frame-by-frame remake thing was tried with Hitchcock's "Psycho" and nobody liked it.) Other complaints seem to be about the shows believability, but how does that have anything to do with anything? How believable was "Lost" or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or "The Twilight Zone" or any of hundreds of great shows? You could sit there and pick plot holes in all of them if you were determined not to like them. So forget the old "Nikita" for sixty minutes and take this one on it's own merits and I think you'll like it.
157 out of 202 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Off to a good start that promises to get better.
johnnymacbest9 September 2010
I just finished viewing the pilot episode of CW/s "Nikita" and here are my thoughts on it.

1. Despite it being loosely based on the French film "La Femme Nikita" I thought the pilot was good. It had a nice balance between action and character development, but with a lot of teasing moments that are sure to raise to exciting results. I would've liked more exposition and interaction between characters, something that the previous entries in the series had, but the introduction to the main character was good.

2. The action scenes are a lot brutal and violent, showing the dark side of being an assassin and the toll it takes on the human mind and those around to witness such horrific acts. If the violence is any indication of what's in store for Nikita and her world, I can only imagine how dark and disturbing the actions taken by both good and evil will be.

3. It's not a reboot, or sequel to the '90s series, which is a plus(though I also loved that show dearly) and has it's own vibe going for it. The coolness factor is there and has it's own thing as well. I was tense throughout the whole running time, not sure of what's next. And that's a good thing. A real good thing.

4. There's no patriotic cheese being introduced. Doing so would damper the overall dark tone of the story. I love the dark humor. Suits the atmosphere well.

5. It moves at a fast pace, but pauses long enough in order to include some character development and concentrate on the story.

So from the looks of things, Nikita is shaping up to be an awesome series with everything starting to become established so far. Hopefully the show will grow as it's own and be something really special. I'm sure some will say it's not as good as the '90s series, but I for one am looking forward to how this plays out.
115 out of 152 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Totally Awesome
Sennara30 September 2011
Wow is all I can say.

I just recently finished watching the first season, and before I started I didn't expect that I would be blown away by this show. But after I started watching it, I got addicted to it and couldn't help but watching all of the 22 episodes of the first season in 2 days.

Maggie Q as Nikita is totally amazing, as is Michael, Alex and all the other roles. The show totally looks like a movie, not just a TV show. It's so entertaining and addictive.

This show definitely deserves much more attention. I can't wait for the new episodes of season 2.
54 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Looks Promising !
Yathaarth Bhansali11 September 2010
Well I read the reviews and then started watching the pilot, with low expectations.Rather I found it very good. I really don't get the fact why people start comparing stuffs like this with previous similar ones. I mean the action is good, storyline is great and I couldn't see anyone over-acting. Right from the beginning,the building of characters was next to perfect. Its exactly what a pilot promises to deliver. A great start to a great storyline. I just hope they don't stretch it unnecessarily like few other TV series. Actors chosen are good, suiting the story. I would suggest to give this a try. Will definitely hook you up. Cheers
96 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Enjoying Maggie Q in this
nobodyhadthis18 October 2010
Maybe not a high intellect show, but lots of action and I like it! I really enjoy seeing Maggie Q's mature and interesting face, which helps make her role as a mentor more believable than if she had some unlined twenty-year-old face.

Her character, Nikita, is very passionate about love, having lost her love in the past. Nikita is always pro- woman, which I like to see on a TV show. She mentors younger women and tries to enlighten and empower women she is involved with along the way.

There is some blood, but it is not overdone. High-tech computers and spy techniques are included, but I would like to see more creative high-tech devices involved in the spy situations. I recommend this show as some light, refreshing, enjoyable spy action!
58 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
epic series!
segzz20 December 2010
Nikita, is a different and entertaining new show! I have not seen the original Nikita films or series but I think anyone who bags out this recent edition is being just plain ignorant. I watched the pilot one night when nothing else was on. I came into the show with absolutely no expectations, no idea of the story line and unknown to some of the actors. But I found it as entertaining as ever and if i could give any advice to anyone considering to get into it, that would be "why not?". The show isn't for everyone and if we are being quite honest, it's not a highly intellectual series but it get's the heart racing and is great quality stuff. It is a sensational new drama that actually shows the characters in depth. Each episode you learn more about the characters and each episode literally has you at the edge of your seat! I have a thirst for action and spy-type shows and especially hate it when the fights look fake and are too choreographed to even watch. But let me assure you, this show has some classy action moves that will take your breath away and leave you in shock. So hat's off to Nikita. An enjoyable and quality show.
48 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Surprisingly impressive
ivan_jbj11 April 2016
I used to be a fan of the original series and picked up this remake pretty late,only in 2016. So overall i did find it to be much more than i expected. Most of all I find the screenplay impressive and that unlike most American TV shows, the characters and the atmosphere in this one is actually quite believable. What most contributes to this is the characters speaking Russian where it matters....you see, most US shows just leave you to believe that English is the mother tongue for Martians, while this one gets you to believe that Americans actually do speak another language. Whilst it isn't perfect, that contributes to the overall atmosphere of the show and the usual action and suspense.

So yes, I really loved this show and would definitely recommend it.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
My favourite show of all time
ShannonCharmedone12 December 2010
I have to say, I saw the adds for it and thought "woah this is something different" yet I never watched the first episode. Only on a Thursday night when nothing was on TV did I decide to take a look. And I was impressed. I've continually watched it for 9 weeks afterwards and never fail to miss an episode, if there's a party or disco on on a Thursday night, I won't go. Though I am slightly depressed there are only 2 episodes left of season 1 for me to watch, and I hope that CW pick up from the awesomeness of this show and make a season 2. Maggie Q is a great Nikita, and Shane West is a great Michael, even the little roles such as Jaden, Thom and every other minor has been cast perfectly, and it's a great script. WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
60 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Excellent, Highly Addictive Series
zwnyc3 November 2013
I had no idea this series, launched in 2010, even existed until I recently scrolled across it in NF. And now I'm binge-watching the first season and hoping the series continues on until I am old and gray. I saw the original 1990 film when it was released and it remains one of my favorite action films of all time. This series is quite different, but sticks closely enough to the original premise and style, and is treated with enough talent and respect to make the inevitable differences a trivial matter.

The cast is fantastic and there is never a weak link in the talent chain. As a guy, I have to add extra entertainment points for the stunningly beautiful women in the cast, from the gorgeous Maggie Q to Melinda Clarke (oh my GOD!) to Lyndsy Fonesca, the list goes on and on. The work is great, the action sequences are great, the plot lines are consistently clever and perfectly plausible within the realm of suspended disbelief.

I am hopelessly addicted to this series, and I suspect any fan of clever action fiction will become addicted as well after watching the first episode. The series starts at 100mph and the ride only gets more intense from there. And in addition to the action element, the writing, direction and cast do an exemplary job of really making the viewer care about the primary characters (whether you love or hate them). It is fascinating to watch Michael's perpetual tightrope-walking in attempting to balance his personal feelings for Nikita (portrayed with exquisite subtlety by both Shane West and Maggie Q) with his loyalty to Division and sense of self-preservation.

I can't get enough, and I hope the series outlives me.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Nicely done!
zaenkney7 October 2010
'Nikita' is a fast moving, action packed series that garners glimpses of the back-stories and personalities of pertinent characters. This PG-13 conspiracy thriller surprises, mysteriously holds back, and smoothly slips snippets of dry humor into unexpected moments. Nikita operates from a damaged but determined and focused point of view. This is a strong woman who does not depend on her sexuality, but who is also not averse to pulling it out of her bag of tricks as a means to an end. She will bring these bastions down! She once was one of them, and retains slightly mixed affections towards certain individuals, but that will not stop her quest. Those affections go both ways. Will Michael(her ex-handler), or will he not, turn and aid her in her objective? On the other hand, might one of them kill the other? Alex, embedded within the enemy's lair, is Nikita's loyal cohort, collaborating in the ultimate conspiracy to tear down this gargantuan abuse of government power. Xander Berkeley embodies soul-less evil as Percy, the Director. Furthermore, the lovely psychiatrist, employed by Percy, is also the interrogator/ torturer. Hmmm…? The story is just complicated enough to keep it very interesting. This is a new Nikita, not a remake. Watch and enjoy! 10/07/2010
37 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
OMG Excellent show
nikki_kaur-1793917 March 2016
I never really new what Nikita was about and when it 1st came out i did'NT really think any think of it but i started to watch it in 2016 and thought i would give it a go and i have to say can't believe that i waited so long this is the great show ever and i don't think any other show will be any good after watching this and I'm in love with the show and don't mind re-watching it again thats how good it is. Can't believe that i didn't watch the show before when it was realised but now i have finished watching all the seasons i really want to watch it again and don't know what to watch after watching Nikita.

P.S Haven't watched the show go and watch it you wont be disappointed trust me.

This is the 1st review that i have written on IMDb and i'm glad that i did.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Almost *exactly* what I'd been searching for!
tiffany-n-matthew-8377 February 2015
After having watched all seasons of Fox's "24" series, I began to go through what I jokingly refer to, as "Jack Bauer Withdraw", and was DYING to find another action/ drama/crime show to take it's place, but, I soon discovered that anything I found, wasn't quite "there". What I was looking for? An ongoing story line, that started in the 1st episode of a season, and was resolved at the conclusion of the season. Unfortunately for me, almost NONE of the shows that were recommended to me, just flat out didn't have an ongoing story behind them : (

Then, I found Nikita!

NOT ONLY, does the show HAVE that ongoing, "forward moving" story line, but, much to my surprise, throughout the series, more than a handful of characters from '24', were also in Nikita! I was THRILLED (and still am)! Definitely a recommended TV show to watch, especially for anyone who may be looking for something similar to what I had been looking for..AND FOUND! :)
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Nikita
bharatsinghvi_19887 November 2010
Hey guys, After reading a few leading reviews about the show - i was baffled that how could people just jot random buzzwords without considering the excitement and the entertainment factor this new airing provides. So for everyone who says that this show ain't any good - well i strongly disagree.

This show is a perfect blend of the tomboy fetish of viewers with the glamor and storyline. I haven't seen the previous series but i have seen the movie though. And the real truth is - that as a viewer - the show sells. And it does that really well. Nikita is a nice one hour entertainment which provides completeness i once felt in prison break.

Bharat Singhvi
46 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
What? How did this get so good?
penelope_baker4 December 2011
I started watching this show when it first came out, because I wanted to hate it. I know that sounds perverse, but I loved the original French La Femme Nikita and everything that's come after has just annoyed me.

I watched episode 1 and 2, got my requisite fix of hate, and wrote the show off. But I forgot to cancel my DVR subscription. A while later, I had a cold or something and was lying on the couch miserable and went through everything I had saved on the DVR.

I watched every episode of Nikita I had (I think it was up to episode 9 or so) and then I REALLY hated the writers. How could they leave me with such a cliffhanger? There had to be just one.more.episode. Right? Right??

Suddenly I cared about the characters, the story was gripping and intriguing and twisty-turny in the best possible (read: non-cliché) way, and the actors had all gelled with each other in a fantastic amalgam.

These days, somehow, Nikita has become my only 'must watch' show. And I'm still not sure how that happened...
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great Show
Laura Lopez31 December 2013
This is a GREAT show! It is very entertaining and never gets boring. It is underrated and it was not promoted the way it deserved to be. I would have never found out about it if I didn't come across it on Netflix. Disappointed that it ended but glad it ended well. Even more disappointing that such a great show is over and many shows that are not worth watching continue. I definitely recommend this show to everyone. I hope a lot of people discover it and tell others about it so it will never be forgotten. I know I won't ever forget about it as it is one of my favorite shows and that's that I am kind of picky. Good luck to the cast. They did an amazing job!
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
rock solid series
kashiwana4 March 2012
This is one of most rock solid series I have watched for a long time.

I don't usually follow TV series unless it's really good. The storyline and the pace of each show is tight, the acting is really good and sometimes it feels more like a movie than a TV show.

Maggie Q brings with her depth of character, her fight scenes are great as well and Shane West as the tortured agent is just excellent to watch, so is Division's head, Percy. This guy is so evil and cool at the same time you wonder when will he ever really lose his calm!

I could watch entire episodes while at the edge of my seat. Keep up the great work.
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Pound for pound, one of the best shows out there
Robert Babcock16 February 2016
This show is an example of taking an already been done concept, tweaking it a tad to change it but not take away from the original concept, and then go forward with the vision unafraid.

The storyline made sense, which is so refreshing in today's television world.

The dark natured theme was pulled off so wonderfully. One had to be invested in the story to watch this and it was written, directed, and produced so well that it was easy to follow along and enjoy the adventure.

This is a sensual show, not sexual...big difference and was so wonderfully done. The humor was intelligent and put in the right places at the right times...if one paid attention to the characters, the humor was quite obvious even when hidden within the dark serious overtones.

Maggie Q is beyond amazing. It was as if she was born to play the role of Nikita. Words cannot describe how she flowed through the scenes as this multi-layered character evolved before our viewing eyes.

The other actors were solid. A great blend of serious, complex, and action actors. Each brought their own dynamic assets to the screen and were given an opportunity to show their character's strengths and weaknesses.

I can go on for hours expressing the delight this show was and why, but I'll leave this review by giving one big shout out to the greatest villain ever....PERCY!!!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One of the best series
This is actually my first review and I'm personally excited that Nikita will be my "kick-off". I just loved it since the first trailer. It looked so stunning. The characters, the actors, the story lines are incredible. I love it how there are so different story lines and characters included in every episode but still the plot is going on so great. I wish I could get more of it and I'm sure I wouldn't get bored of it. I haven't watched any of the other versions or the movie but I'm sure that they can't take the love I have for this series. I'm literally addicted to it, I've watched it more than twice, especially the last season. I was very disappointed to hear that it was canceled. It deserves to get more attention than other really overrated series.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Best action flick on TV, PERIOD!
truehimself18 March 2012
I am simply amazed at the genius of the writers, and the riveting plot lines which are nothing short of brilliant. Add the SUPERB acting by all the main characters, the incredible directing, and you get an addictive adrenaline pumping show that has the feel of a good action movie.

If you liked the intensity of 24, this show delivers. The characters are deep, believable, likable and unlike many other TV shows today, you just NEVER know what is about to happen. Forget adjectives like predictable, in this show the writers keep changing the game every several episodes which results in a never ending thrill ride which never ceases to rivet. The biggest mistake you could do is assume you know what's about to happen in the next chapter. But you can't and yet the plot-lines are believable and credible as in any high quality action flick. Most TV shows today are rather predictable in comparison, but I also know some people like semi-predictable shows. Admittedly I am not one of them.

If, for a change, you are looking for something to keep you at the edge of your seat, something that is not shallow, not cheesy, something that gives you this elusive "you are there" feeling, look no further. Nikita is your short ticket to thrillville. A true masterpiece which gets better with every episode.
Sexy, Smart and Slick...
R G1 March 2012
The girls in this show are outstandingly beautiful... that got me hooked in immediately... then the show turns out to be the best series on TV in 2012... at last, I have something to watch after 24, lost and Prison Break ended.

Amanda is so hot, just can't get enough of her on screen.

Perfect legs in sexy shoes and tight dresses everywhere... life does not get much better.

The writing, direction and acting all work in perfect harmony. The only negative thing, as that I ignored this show for a whole season, thinking it was just another Nikita... this one takes the show to a whole new level.

You will not be disappointed at all, unless off course you are a jealous female type...
Wow! Best action on TV.
phd_travel28 January 2012
It's like a a good action thriller movie every week - a bit of Luc Besson and Mission Impossible for the small screen.

For those who remember the Bridget Fonda movie Assassin there are some similarities. It has the right amount of action, glamour, emotion and thrill. The story does proceed from episode to episode so you have to follow it. It gets more complicated as season 1 goes on.

The strong points: The cast is very watchable. Maggie Q as Nikita is uniquely stunning and her action sequences are believable. She is just as good fighting as in the more intimate moments. Lyndsy Fonseca as Alexandra is gutsy but vulnerable and quite cute too. Shane West as Michael looks a little too rough - someone more suave would have been good. Melinda Clarke as Amanda is very effective - glad she has a good role that really suits her after the OC. The story makes you care for most of the central characters.

With a budget of a TV series filmed in Canada it manages to get a fairly international feel. The action sequences are never cheap.

Hope it lasts many seasons.
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great show to watch on a lazy Thursday
Kim7 April 2011
First I would like to say I am very happy to watch a show where a girl takes the lead not the guy. just saying. Anyways, every time I watch this show I get goosebumps and I'm always excited. All the characters fits perfectly. I love Shane West, he is doing an excellent job being Michael. Every time he plays Michael, I can't help but think of A Walk to Remember. I guess its because they both are alike, tough yet soft on the inside. And Maggie Q. KICK A$$ as Nikita. As for Lyndsy aka Alex, I didn't really like her character at first. But when she got kidnapped and did the whole "I am Alexander daughter... blah blah." I couldn't help but smile because her character matured so fast, now its kinda exciting to see how her character plays out.

Lastly, I wish I could kick a$$ like Nikita and Alex :]
14 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Easy people! It's a new show - not a remake...
Michael Bialik27 September 2010
I understand that some of you are really against this show being aired, mostly because you've seen the so called original "La Femme Nikita". Well... news flash! - the old show is not being replaced, see it as an alternate story - the background may be the same but the writers are taking a slightly different approach this time, so I wouldn't compare those two just yet. Like some of you who just watched the pilot and already discourage people from thinking on their own. Because that's just amateur...

As to the people who have a problem with the acting quality on the show... (referring to Maggie Q, Shane West and Xander Berkeley here) You say that these characters seem like zombies with no emotion. Haven't you even thought that this is how they are supposed to be? (I mean in the script, not the actual people :D ) Nikita was broken by people who also murdered her boyfriend and then she went off the grid. 5 years of thinking about revenge will break your soul even harder, so I'd say she's playing emotionally dead pretty well. Michael (West) has been working for the Division for quite some time and after all he's seen it's natural he'd start questioning his line of work, especially now that there is an actual enemy of the Division. And Percy is just a veteran of his line of work, so seeing his men fail him constantly against "1-girl army" drives him mad, but he can't exactly show frustration like that, can he..? That would be unprofessional, so he's boiling inside.

To clarify - I'm not saying the cast is particularly well chosen. I personally wouldn't pick Maggie Q for the role either. But it doesn't mean she's doing a bad job playing Nikita here. But that's just my opinion and not an attack on other people's opinions...
17 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Nikita Last of it's Kind
chris38126 April 2013
The cast and crew work hard at this show. The CW network should move it to Wednesday or Thursday nights. Friday is not a good time slot, Nikita was originally on Thursday nights and it should have been kept there, it would have boosted ratings up. The CW network seems to do this all the time, changing to a less desirable time slot after the first season or two of a show. I assume this is rating's and advertising related. I love the red L Verdad dress that Maggie wore the first season,,OMG. Everyone loves to compare CW Nikita to the USA Network Nikita of the late 1990s. My take on that comparison is CW Nikita is more like Daniel Craig 007, while USA Nikita was more Roger Moore 007. A great show, ahead of it's time. A bit of Art imitating life with all the recent global event's, hope it is back for a 5th year.

PS. ATT CW EXEC's MOVE SHOW TO WED OR THURS EVE'S