IMDb > "Nikita" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Nikita" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Not the old "Nikita" but still excellent.

Author: curiosity_71828 from United States
10 September 2010

I'm really surprised at the negativity directed at this new "Nikita" simply because it's not the old "Nikita". I enjoyed Peta Wilson's Nikita and I enjoyed Maggie Q in this latest version. I think it needs to be taken on it's own merits rather than compared to the original. If your problem is that this is not a frame-by-frame remake of the 1997 version, just Netflix it or buy the DVDs and watch it. (Incidentally, the frame-by-frame remake thing was tried with Hitchcock's "Psycho" and nobody liked it.) Other complaints seem to be about the shows believability, but how does that have anything to do with anything? How believable was "Lost" or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or "The Twilight Zone" or any of hundreds of great shows? You could sit there and pick plot holes in all of them if you were determined not to like them. So forget the old "Nikita" for sixty minutes and take this one on it's own merits and I think you'll like it.

Off to a good start that promises to get better.

Author: johnnymacbest from United States
9 September 2010

I just finished viewing the pilot episode of CW/s "Nikita" and here are my thoughts on it.

1. Despite it being loosely based on the French film "La Femme Nikita" I thought the pilot was good. It had a nice balance between action and character development, but with a lot of teasing moments that are sure to raise to exciting results. I would've liked more exposition and interaction between characters, something that the previous entries in the series had, but the introduction to the main character was good.

2. The action scenes are a lot brutal and violent, showing the dark side of being an assassin and the toll it takes on the human mind and those around to witness such horrific acts. If the violence is any indication of what's in store for Nikita and her world, I can only imagine how dark and disturbing the actions taken by both good and evil will be.

3. It's not a reboot, or sequel to the '90s series, which is a plus(though I also loved that show dearly) and has it's own vibe going for it. The coolness factor is there and has it's own thing as well. I was tense throughout the whole running time, not sure of what's next. And that's a good thing. A real good thing.

4. There's no patriotic cheese being introduced. Doing so would damper the overall dark tone of the story. I love the dark humor. Suits the atmosphere well.

5. It moves at a fast pace, but pauses long enough in order to include some character development and concentrate on the story.

So from the looks of things, Nikita is shaping up to be an awesome series with everything starting to become established so far. Hopefully the show will grow as it's own and be something really special. I'm sure some will say it's not as good as the '90s series, but I for one am looking forward to how this plays out.

Looks Promising !

Author: Yathaarth Bhansali from India
11 September 2010

Well I read the reviews and then started watching the pilot, with low expectations.Rather I found it very good. I really don't get the fact why people start comparing stuffs like this with previous similar ones. I mean the action is good, storyline is great and I couldn't see anyone over-acting. Right from the beginning,the building of characters was next to perfect. Its exactly what a pilot promises to deliver. A great start to a great storyline. I just hope they don't stretch it unnecessarily like few other TV series. Actors chosen are good, suiting the story. I would suggest to give this a try. Will definitely hook you up. Cheers

Most Underrated Show for the CW

Author: Jenny Wong from Canada
4 July 2011

I thought this show would've been one of those cheesy cop shows where they dart around and catch people. But no, my perspective completely change. I love this show and I don't understand why there are only 2 - 3 million views each week. I thought after the 5th episode the whole show would be repetitive but then the writers changed it up a bit, each ending of every episode there's a slight cliffhanger. Well, the main reason why I love watching this is because there is so much tension between Michael and Nikita (they have amazing chemistry on the show :D). Overall, try watching this show without knowing what to expect, because this show is amazingggg!

Totally Awesome

Author: Sennara from Taiwan
30 September 2011

Wow is all I can say.

I just recently finished watching the first season, and before I started I didn't expect that I would be blown away by this show. But after I started watching it, I got addicted to it and couldn't help but watching all of the 22 episodes of the first season in 2 days.

Maggie Q as Nikita is totally amazing, as is Michael, Alex and all the other roles. The show totally looks like a movie, not just a TV show. It's so entertaining and addictive.

This show definitely deserves much more attention. I can't wait for the new episodes of season 2.

Enjoying Maggie Q in this

Author: nobodyhadthis1 from United States
8 October 2010

Maybe not a high intellect show, but lots of action and I like it! I really enjoy seeing Maggie Q's mature and interesting face, which helps make her role as a mentor more believable than if she had some unlined twenty-year-old face.

Her character, Nikita, is very passionate about love, having lost her love in the past. Nikita is always pro- woman, which I like to see on a TV show. She mentors younger women and tries to enlighten and empower women she is involved with along the way.

There is some blood, but it is not overdone. High-tech computers and spy techniques are included, but I would like to see more creative high-tech devices involved in the spy situations. I recommend this show as some light, refreshing, enjoyable spy action!

epic series!

Author: segzz from Australia
20 December 2010

Nikita, is a different and entertaining new show! I have not seen the original Nikita films or series but I think anyone who bags out this recent edition is being just plain ignorant. I watched the pilot one night when nothing else was on. I came into the show with absolutely no expectations, no idea of the story line and unknown to some of the actors. But I found it as entertaining as ever and if i could give any advice to anyone considering to get into it, that would be "why not?". The show isn't for everyone and if we are being quite honest, it's not a highly intellectual series but it get's the heart racing and is great quality stuff. It is a sensational new drama that actually shows the characters in depth. Each episode you learn more about the characters and each episode literally has you at the edge of your seat! I have a thirst for action and spy-type shows and especially hate it when the fights look fake and are too choreographed to even watch. But let me assure you, this show has some classy action moves that will take your breath away and leave you in shock. So hat's off to Nikita. An enjoyable and quality show.

My favourite show of all time

Author: ShannonCharmedone from United Kingdom
12 December 2010

I have to say, I saw the adds for it and thought "woah this is something different" yet I never watched the first episode. Only on a Thursday night when nothing was on TV did I decide to take a look. And I was impressed. I've continually watched it for 9 weeks afterwards and never fail to miss an episode, if there's a party or disco on on a Thursday night, I won't go. Though I am slightly depressed there are only 2 episodes left of season 1 for me to watch, and I hope that CW pick up from the awesomeness of this show and make a season 2. Maggie Q is a great Nikita, and Shane West is a great Michael, even the little roles such as Jaden, Thom and every other minor has been cast perfectly, and it's a great script. WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: bharatsinghvi_1988 from India
7 November 2010

Hey guys, After reading a few leading reviews about the show - i was baffled that how could people just jot random buzzwords without considering the excitement and the entertainment factor this new airing provides. So for everyone who says that this show ain't any good - well i strongly disagree.

This show is a perfect blend of the tomboy fetish of viewers with the glamor and storyline. I haven't seen the previous series but i have seen the movie though. And the real truth is - that as a viewer - the show sells. And it does that really well. Nikita is a nice one hour entertainment which provides completeness i once felt in prison break.

Bharat Singhvi

Nicely done!

Author: zaenkney from United States
7 October 2010

'Nikita' is a fast moving, action packed series that garners glimpses of the back-stories and personalities of pertinent characters. This PG-13 conspiracy thriller surprises, mysteriously holds back, and smoothly slips snippets of dry humor into unexpected moments. Nikita operates from a damaged but determined and focused point of view. This is a strong woman who does not depend on her sexuality, but who is also not averse to pulling it out of her bag of tricks as a means to an end. She will bring these bastions down! She once was one of them, and retains slightly mixed affections towards certain individuals, but that will not stop her quest. Those affections go both ways. Will Michael(her ex-handler), or will he not, turn and aid her in her objective? On the other hand, might one of them kill the other? Alex, embedded within the enemy's lair, is Nikita's loyal cohort, collaborating in the ultimate conspiracy to tear down this gargantuan abuse of government power. Xander Berkeley embodies soul-less evil as Percy, the Director. Furthermore, the lovely psychiatrist, employed by Percy, is also the interrogator/ torturer. Hmmm…? The story is just complicated enough to keep it very interesting. This is a new Nikita, not a remake. Watch and enjoy! 10/07/2010

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]