IMDb > "Breakout Kings" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Breakout Kings"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Breakout Kings" More at IMDbPro »

Actually, It's Really Good

Author: faithofculda from Turkey
7 March 2011

Breakout Kings is the show that i've been waiting for a long time. I enjoyed the prison break, first two seasons at least. And my expectations weren't that much from BK because before the show starts, i knew there's going to be a show like Prison Break but without constantly going story, after and after episodes waiting to resolve some points about whats going on and what will happen. That's why i like BK so much.

It's an one story for an episode show. Scripts are well written, castings are perfectly fit for the characters and the director Nick Santora shows us that he's the one for the prison and convict stories.

The long and the short of it, if you like Prison Break a bit and if you enjoy the episode based stories with good acting and thriller, Breakout Kings is inevitable for you.

Captivating show!!

Author: omars1123 from United States
28 March 2012

Breakout Kings has to be one of the most well-written shows in past years. The depth of each character is played out with flawless precision. I was a bit skeptical of the show at first, but once I started watching, there was no turning back. Each episode is purely original without any repeating plot structure. Being someone with an interest in neuroscience and psychology, I find the concept of appointing Cons to catch Cons extremely intriguing. Add on the psychological expertise of one of the team members, it becomes gripping to delve into the minds of not only escaped cons, but convicts in general.

I have not seen a show like this on-air since Prison Break, which really was one-dimensional and drew a single story in its multiple seasons on air. Breakout Kings on the other hand is more Prison Break squeezed into each single episode with the story concluding.

Definitely worth a watch!!

An interesting take...

Author: mambx from United Kingdom, Brighton
5 March 2012

I'm one of those people who, when a season of a TV show is cancelled or finishes, go on the prowl to look for my next show to watch religiously. This is one of them.

At first I thought this show didn't have much potential and wouldn't be well received.. but i was wrong!

Really interesting take on the genre, and I like the whole plot about using ex cons to take out cons, whilst working with the police dept. All the characters do well and I have to mention Doc, the quirky and fidgety character who really shines.

I watched the Season 2 Premiere last night, and I was utterly shocked at the outcome, I was NOT expecting that at all. Not sure if I think this show will do well now because of that, but I'm certainly interested and intrigued to what will happen next, so I'm not going to spoil it for you folks, watch Season 2 Ep 1 and you'll see what I mean.

Overall a really enjoyable show with likable characters, and I'll be watching this until it's cancelled.

Totally worth it.

Author: ariannafelidae-1 from United States
11 April 2011

The more I see of this show, the more I like it. The characters are each individual (meaning well-written and acted personalities) with diverse backgrounds and issues all their own. One of the hooks (I believe) is that each member of the team is a black sheep in some way...finding out what each of them have done (or can't do?) is probably what will keep most people watching. The actors have a wonderful chemistry, as well!

Each episode, so far, someone breaks out of prison (the "bad guys" are also unique and interesting) and our reluctant band of misfits has to round up said villain and essentially save the day. How they do all this is what we watch for. Different every time...never lets up. If you're not already watching, give it a go.

To catch the Worst...send the Best.

Author: Sirus_51 from New Zealand
21 March 2011

A former criminal Kingpin, a genius gambler with issues and a hot headed bounty hunter who has killed multiple people in cold blood.

Team up with a former Marine with a heart condition stuck behind a desk, a hard nosed cop who may or may not be on the take. And a highly skilled logistics and information agent who is seems to suffer from panic attacks.

Tasked by the government to bring in the worst of the worst after they hit ground. Given 48 hours to bring them in to limit collateral damage and lessen the risk of letting these criminals get lost in the wind.

This show is a strange mix, however it seems to be finding its balance. the characters have potential however the main plot of criminal recovery may or may not be a hit or miss.

In the meantime if they can get cast chemistry right and keep engaging the viewer it may move beyond its limited premise.

Good fun, could be more.

Best show of 2011

Author: ria_j_phantom from Ottawa
22 May 2011

IT TAKES A CON TO CATCH A CON - Driven by the fact that there are few things more dangerous than a prisoner who has just escaped, and tired of following protocol and resorting to outdated methods of law enforcement, veteran U.S. Marshals Charlie Duchamp (Laz Alonso) and Ray Zancanelli (Domenick Lombardozzi) are taking an unorthodox approach to their work: using former fugitives (Jimmi Simpson, Malcolm Goodwin & Serinda Swan) to catch fugitives. "Breakout Kings" follows U.S. Marshals Charlie Duchamp (Laz Alonso) and Ray Zancanelli (Domenick Lombardozzi) as they form a special task force composed of the three most elusive convicts Ray ever captured: Lloyd Lowery (Jimmi Simpson), a former child prodigy and behaviorist/psychiatric expert whoexcels in psychoanalysis; Shea Daniels (Malcolm Goodwin), an ex-gangbanger who knows how to work the system, both in prison and on the street; and Erica Reed (Serinda Swan), a sexy expert tracker who learned her trade from her bounty hunter father. Charlie and Ray also employ the services of Julianne Simms (Brooke Nevin), a civilian who acts as the "funnel" for the group – all information, tips and data go through her.

Should definitely watch this!

Author: Hannah Cordery from United Kingdom
2 June 2011

There is virtually nothing wrong with this program. The cons are likable the story lines aren't recycled and the idea is creative, it's not predictable. The relationship between characters helps you connect easily, even the Marshall's have a story that in some way makes them less boring and all for the rules. Makes them as interesting as the cons who come across well, they are treated as they are suppose to as they are violent, they are real criminals they aren't in prison for petty crimes. Which makes the whole story more interesting to watch and intriguing when it gets down to what they will do. Overall it has the right amount of humour for this kind of program and the right amount of action and suspense not to make the story boring and repetitive.

Breakout kings is a breakout hit!

Author: Jonathan San Juan from United States
18 February 2012

Breakout kings managed to have me hooked 20 minutes in the pilot.a team of cops & with secrets.the bickering between the kings is one of the best parts of the show along with great character development.the cops r looking to prove themselves the cons are trying to shorten their sentences & must put up with each other to capture prison escapees such as - spoiler alert........-A a female crimeboss who killed her son,a prisoner who was raped in prison hell bent on revenge,an honest family man who collects & tortures women in his spare time & prisonbreaks Theodore t-bag bagwell.this show is addictive fun suspenseful & hilarious my my favorite show of 2011.season 2 premieres march 4th 2012

Surprisingly Great!!!!!

Author: ga_brandsen from ct
15 May 2011

I was very shocked how good this show has become. At first it was a little shaky for the first few episodes, but it has become way more solid!!! Each episode is so creative and unique. This show has endless options on were to go!! It starts out with these cons who are catching these crazy people who escape from prison. It is weird, because even though these cons who help catch these prisoners who escape, have done some pretty awful things, you really learn to love them and get to them for who they are. The stuff they did is bad, but nothing compared to the convicts that they are attempting to catch. I think this show really keeps you at the edge of your seat. Especially since the "good" cons and the "u.s. marshals", are not that much different. I really think you should give this show a shot!

Better then expected and action packed from the get go

Author: s-alba from London
1 April 2014

Its one of those series that once you start watching it, you find yourself watching episode after episode. From the start of each episode the action starts at the off set. Fully loaded you are sure to enjoy each episode from start to finish. Brilliantly written!! Good characters and very good actors. I call breakout kings the show stopper. This is due to the fact that i have stopped watching all my other series at the moment to continue watching this hence calling it the show stopper.. prison three brings T Bag back to life. T Bag is a character from Prison Break, which i might add that if you liked prison break then breakout kings is definitely the new series for you.. I have nearly finished the first season and cant wait for the second season.. Netflix is the place to find all the episodes. Enjoy