IMDb > "Body of Proof" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Body of Proof"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Body of Proof" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Give it a chance....it has potential and is medically accurate

Author: iamvinci89
1 April 2011

The series is about a defamed neurosurgeon Dr.Megan Hunt who has now left her profession as a surgeon and has become the medical examiner . She uses her expertise as a brilliant neurosurgeon to solve murders. ### THIS is the review based on PILOT ###

Just by seeing a pilot one can never decide if the show is good/bad...one can only guess how it might turn out..Most reviews here seem to judge it too early.

Dana Delany was good, not excellent. She tried her best in the pilot to portray in forty minutes , how a woman would feel in her position. It is tough to make an impression in the very first episode because an actor needs to build a solid foundation upon which her character would develop richly and as something people will connect to in the coming episodes. If in some scenes she seemed to falter I feel the writers are to blame because they seem to try hard to stuff all the emotions and past story in just 40 minutes and hey don't forget, there is a murder to solve too. Her character seem to unravel in a hurry and it's not Delany's fault.

The supporting cast were okay, actually they seemed like stereotypes taken from series like house(boss of hunt seemed like cuddy), the detectives(csi and castle?) and so on...yes the writers need to develop these characters better, although the confused doctor played by Geoffrey Arend (Dr. Elliot)and the frenemy played by Middlebrooks(Dr. Curtis) were unique and entertaining.

And for the plot, I cannot think of any plot holes and as a person in the medical field I can say that the medicine part was not slouchy like some soaps ( cough..grays anatomy)and was actually convincing.

So in conclusion, I would not write off the show this early...Let's wait and see how it develops.

It has improved

Author: mannoman-1 from United States
28 April 2011

As much as I REALLY like Dana Delany, the first show did not showcase the writer's best abilities and I would have rated it a 5, at best. Nonetheless,I continue to watch the show and it has improved quite rapidly. The episode where Megan's (Dana) spoiled daughter has a school video project on what your parent does for a living was quite well written, particularly the closing. I think those who have given the show a chance have been pleasantly surprised.

Much has been said about Dana's character being obnoxious. I don't find her obnoxious at all. I think "direct" is a better word. The weakest links are the medical examiner's staff. They don't appear capable to have risen to that level of medical smarts. In general, the casting is a bit weak but, as always, Dana Delany is a joy and she carries the series.

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be after the first 5 minutes

Author: dmgreer from Dallas, TX
30 March 2011

It was often silly, with enough clichés to fill all the cheesecakes in Philadelphia, enough exposition to require a PowerPoint presentation, and enough irascible doctor/detective work to make you wonder if the main character was the love child of Monk, House, Patrick Jayne, Tim Roth, Alexx Woods, Jessica Fletcher, and maybe even Harriet Korn but by golly someone was found to have died of Lupus in the first episode, and you can't beat that with a stick!

The thing is, I love medical shows and I love detective shows, so it's hard to go wrong with a combination of the two, and how are you going to do that except by keying on the Medical Examiner? Like House, the medical part of it seems pretty accurate, and it's fun trying to beat Dr. Hunt to the diagnosis. Oh yeah, and I also enjoy shows where people notice a lot of seemingly unimportant things - it gives me an incentive to heighten my own sense of awareness.

So you've got the keep-it-simple cop, and the hunky blond guy, the hard nosed but incredibly good looking female boss, and the somewhat incompetent assistant all playing off of the irascible main character who's so good at her job you can't fire her. But at least it's a woman this time!

Hooked me!

Author: lbrandst3 from United States
30 March 2011

I loved 'Body of Proof.' The quips were funny, Dr. Hunt was intriguing, and Dana Delany put on a wonderful performance. I started watching because I loved Dana in 'Castle' as Special Agent Jordan Shaw. Her character is similar, which I like; blunt, snarky, but human. She has a softer side that it a refreshing thing to see on a show like this. Her situation makes you want to hug her, but her edge makes you want to cross the street when you see her coming.

While unconventional, (I know some people's heads are spinning because of an ME playing detective, which really wouldn't happen,) I think it is in the character's nature, and that is really the premises of the show. I mean, it really just shows how extraordinarily smart she is.

I am really interested to see where this goes. I realize that shows like this can be overdone, but I am ready to give BOP a shot. I can already see parallels to shows like 'Castle' and 'CSI', but it is only the first week. I am definitely going to watch on Sunday and Tuesday to see what transpires. :)

Decent series but too predictable/generic to keep my interest.

Author: awdlnd from United States
30 March 2011

I really like crime series like Law & Order, NYPD Blue, Life, Blue Bloods, Detroit 1-8-7, and Chicago Code but this one lost my interest within the first 5 minutes. In order to properly review it I watched the rest.

This is very similar to House only with the existence of criminal elements. I like House unfortunately I don't feel Delaney's character is anywhere close to being as strong as Hugh Laurie's.

Most people should be able to figure out most of the elements of where this series will go as well as the characters' synopses within the first 10 minutes which I find unfortunate.

I will agree that Law & Order can have very boring and generic/predictable dialog from time to time which is the same as this series but for some reason I have trouble getting passed it on this show.

So I would chalk up Delaney's character as a weak House character with mild generic overtones similar to Goren on L&O: Criminal Intent, Gibbs on NCIS, and Horatio on CSI: Miami only without the over-the-top comedic values of Horatio. I am tiring of the know-it-all, super-hero, arrogant type characters in TV series these days...

I may catch an episode later to see if there have been any improvements but I won't be setting this up on the DVR yet.

I am curious how they will be developing the beer truck driver as Deputy Chief Medical Examiner though...

...Something else I just discovered is that this seemingly Horatio-inspired series will most likely replace Detroit 1-8-7. I can't help but think there was some politics involved...I would think this was a horrible move but the CSI franchise remains alive and well so what do I know...

hmmm

Author: redhead_9au-1 from Australia
19 September 2011

I love Dana Delany and I love crime shows....this show delivers in a similar way Desperate Housewives and the such do, unbelievable in certain aspects but thoroughly enjoyable at the same time.

I take some issue with the stiletto heels and the autopsies performed with the male cast members in a hair net and Miss Delany performing the main tasks with hers long and flowing.... but of course she looks great doing it ;)

The characters are fun and likable and the show has potential, I will continue to watch for the entertainment value, but don't expect too much complexity or originality.

Just hits the spot

Author: tennis_star_125 from Sydney, Australia
20 August 2011

i personally love crime shows like 'Bones' and 'Castle' and 'Body of Proof' is exactly what i wanted, it mixes the excitement of crime fighting with the complex work of forensic analysis.

It is shows like this and my liking towards science which led me to want to be a forensic examiner. It keeps interest, which is hard these days with so many crime shows on TV, while still staying in the context of crime fighting and has a well composed back story.

To conclude, 'Body of Proof' is wonderful in its ability to bring together all the best aspects of modern crime shows while staying unique in its own way and is a great show for people of all age

nice character development

Author: sydboy007 from Australia
25 March 2012

After watching the first few episodes I wasn't sure if I'd bother with any more. Initially I found Megan Hunt annoying, with her colleges too weak. It felt like a poor version of house.

After the halfway mark in the first season I noticed the character development and started to like most of the support cast. There's a decent level of comedy and I suppose we're seeing Megan learn how to deal emotionally with others.

Yes the show is formulaic, but then these days what show isn't. For an hour of my time I get a decent drama, a few laughs, and the odd smile. I'm looking forward to seeing how the character develop further nd hop we'll get a season 3.

Body of Proof- Proof that it's Really Good ***1/2

Author: edwagreen from United States
30 March 2011

Dana Delany stars as an emancipated woman who allowed her career to get ahead of her role as wife and mother. A neurosurgeon, she suffers a car accident, which will not allow her to practice neurosurgery and so she turns to the position of medical examiner.

Delany really takes this role seriously. She is smart, tough and doesn't go exactly by the book in doing her work. She can be abrasive, but she comes to the point. She seems to be running afoul of a certain detective in the police department.

She pulls out all the stops in the investigation of the death of a 32 year old woman. She has some wild theories and directly comes into conflict with the detective and her superior at her office.

She leaves no stone unturned, while she thinks of the daughter she lost full custody of.

This appears to be a hit show. I assume that the other critic didn't like it because it wasn't vulgar or sexy enough. We need more quality shows like this one. Thank you.

Dana Delany in police procedural

Author: SnoopyStyle
20 August 2013

It's been awhile since Dana Delany has single-handedly led a TV show. Not since China Beach anyways. She's good enough to anchor this police procedural as the medical examiner. She's abrasive but she never truly found the required love interest. It ran 3 seasons, and was a surprise renewal for each season. Sadly, it never truly caught on.

Jeri Ryan is the other big name in the show. They did try to ramp up the action/danger in the 3rd season. It was probably done to try to save it from sure cancellation. It was obvious this show is the low man on the network. If they didn't improve, there was no hope. So they threw the dice. Too bad they didn't win.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]