IMDb > Isolation (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Isolation More at IMDbPro »

Slow-burning malaise

Author: movieman_kev from United States
10 November 2012

Amy (Eva Martino) wakes up in a hospital with no recollection of how she got there. Struggling to figure out how she came to be in this predicament, she's met with obstruction at every turn.

Reasonably well-acted, but this is an extremely slow moving film. After an intriguing and promising start, I found a sort of malaise setting in that lasted for a good chunk of the preceding endless minutes of the movie. The film isn't a total loss, it does pick up during the ending but its a case of too little, too late. I just believe that it would've been better suited if it were a short as at a full-length movie it tends to drag.

Surprisingly decent thriller

Author: Tully Lafferty
24 November 2012

Isolation starts out with a Amy (Eva Martino) waking up in a hospital but she does not know how she got there. As she seeks out answers she finds more questions.

Going into Isolation I was expecting to shut it off about 10 minutes in as the preview made it look like another crappy B tier movie. As it turns out I was pleasantly surprised.

The acting was pretty good, but the filming, lighting, and sound were just above most B tier movies. Also the movie is a little slow moving in the middle section but I found it bearable. As long as you keep those things in mind, you should be entertained by this competent thriller.

Great way to spend a night on Netflix

Author: Eric Curto from USA
30 November 2012

I found this on Netflix and from the description it sounded like a great low budget thriller. The movie begins very strong and while it can lag at times, the flashbacks and other ways they tell the story of the two people to fault for what is going on keeps the interest up and the payoff is actually understandable. The actress in the role of Amy, is well cast and you are with her as she struggles to make sense out of what is going on and why it is happening. While the film is low budget it doesn't feel that way, it actually feels like it could have gone through a theatrical run. I would recommend this film to those who are OK with no blood and guts and what is typically the standard.