IMDb > Turkles (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Turkles More at IMDbPro »

Bad movie, good laughs

Author: David
5 December 2015

The lighting, the acting, the writing, everything about this movie is bad. Too many thing to pick fun of to post here. If you like cheesy, cliché, movies, then go ahead. And don't get me started on it's preachy theme. Basically, some guys want to steal turtle eggs, to eat or something like that, (SEA turtles. Do people even eat their eggs?) And they dig them up, the 13 year olds come in, catch the bad guys, (my favorite was Mr. comic relief, AKA, the dumb one) and get... scholarships. For saving turtles. I did see it a while ago, but I remember that it was something ridiculous like that. Although, it is one of those "good bad movies" meaning that it's fun to laugh at. And, whenever we see a bad movie, my family always compares it to turkles, so, in a way, one could say that it is memorable.

The acting is horrible

Author: concintern from United States
7 August 2015

The previous reviewers must know the actors or film crew. The acting especially by the adults is horrible. I get this is a low budget film but the acting is so bad it is almost impossible to watch. My 11 and 9 year old even made fun of the movie. This movie entertained my 2 year old for a little bit. The message isn't horrible but it was hard to keep watching. We were expecting a dolphin tale type movie. The kid acting is OK and this movie would of been better if no adults were in it. The movie was appropriate for all ages which is a welcome change these days. I think a documentary movie that just showed facts would of been better. There is one good part. The music was really good even my kids cheered when the music started playing. Unfortunately there wasn't t enough music to make it better.

Great Kids Film!

Author: David De Souza from Boca Raton, Florida USA
20 May 2015

This was a beautifully done film for kids! No cursing, dirty jokes or underlying immoral message. This is a great clean movie for kids of all ages! It also has some educational facts in it! A film made by kids, for kids! It is not only funny but it has a great moral message and can connect to the audience in an emotional level as well. The performances of the cast was superb, it is hard to believe that the it is the actors first time on screen. My 6 year old nephew loved it! Would recommend to any parent who is looking for a good family film to watch with their children! Great job to all those who contributed to this film! I hope to see more films by Frank Eberling in the near future!

Fantastic Family Fun

Author: bruce-688-233047 from United States
6 June 2013

Longtime South Florida documentary filmmaker & author Frank Eberling shows what one can do on a shoestring budget with a great story. A group of pre-teens make it their mission to protect the nesting grounds of the endangered Loggerhead Turtle. Funny & emotional, without being cloying, this film will appeal to all age groups. Film legend Burt Reynolds puts in a meaningful cameo appearance in this environmentally aware feature-length effort. The cast is comprised for the most part by local kids making their first appearance on screen, but you'd never know it judging by the performances. Eberling's direction is spot on, and the storyline draws you into what is an extremely important issue---the protection of wildlife habitats, the human led destruction of which is the leading cause of species extinction in the natural world. I can't emphasize enough what a marvelous, family-friendly film Turkles is, and I strongly urge anyone with half a conscience to rush out and see it.