IMDb > Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Crazy, Stupid, Love. More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 27: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Funny, family drama with "photoshopping"

Author: juneebuggy from Canada
21 October 2014

This was really good for a rom-com, just different and edgy enough with some really funny moments via Steve Carell alongside bittersweet true life drama to make it work for me. There's also a great cast of secondary characters and damn Ryan Gosling... "photo-shopped." He plays professional bachelor Jacob Palmer who helps a newly separated Cal (Carell) navigate the singles scene after his wife (Julianne Moore) asks for a divorce and his perfect life crumbles.

I laughed out loud several times here (the wallet while clothes shopping) and liked how this ended up being a totally different movie than what it started out as. The last 20 minutes are just hilarious, including a big twist (I didn't see coming) and the fight. "Keep it in the family okay?" 5/19/14

:-)

Author: mattkratz (themattk@hotmail.com) from Richardson, TX
9 September 2014

This was a good romantic comedy and a good role for Steve Carrell. It is also one of those movies where the cast works well together. It starts off with his wife (Julianne Moore) asking him for a divorce. Everyone then hears about her affair with Kevin Bacon's character. Ryan Gosling overhears everything and proceed to "coach" him on approaching women in bars. Meanwhile, his son has a crush on his older babysitter who has a similar crush on Carrell, and Emma Stone thinks she's getting somewhere with here beau. I especially liked Kevin Bacon's role.

I think this was funny from start to finish. My favorite scenes were the Scarlet Letter scene in the classroom, the "scaffold" scene, and the misunderstanding scene at the end. Overall, this was a really good comedy. You will definitely love this movie if you see it!

*** out of ****

A really sweet comedy totally to Re-watch!

Author: cartoonheart45 from Tunisia
6 September 2014

If you ask me about the title I'll tell you that it was perfectly chosen. If you're the dreamy, romantic and hopeful type this is the movie for you. Not only you'll find what you love in it but it's so inspiring and gets you to believe in stuff like true love and happy endings. This kind of movie will get your heart to beat again and your soul to freshen up a little bit. I might be one of the brokenhearted people, one of those who drown in their thinking, who get high so fast. This movie had surprises; yeah there were quiet many happy ones. Although I didn't like the end so much but the whole movie was great. Especially when we figure out the girlfriend is the daughter and the hot buddy from the bar is the boyfriend's daughter and the hilarious scene when everyone gets in a fight. I can't tell which scene I prefer; the whole movie was a masterpiece. But what cracked me up so much is the son, the lover boy who never gave up on his young love. I wish I can find someone like that. The little actor was great probably my favorite character from the whole thing. This is totally a movie to Re-watch again, again and again. I don't know why most people hate this type of movies because simply you can expect the end or because it's similar to every romantic comedy from anytime. All I can say to this people. That's my refuge, one and only. It gets you out of your skin; it's safe, happy and brings good energy. This type of movies brings the good in human, the things that value most in life like love, life, family, friendship, passion;

Amazing - Must Watch

Author: CameronMRuse from United States
30 August 2014

First Of All, I Thought It Was Gonna Be Like One Of Those Easy Movie, A Slow Mover. But When I Watched It Was Way Better Then I Thought, They Mixed Love, Crazy, Comedy Etc. It Was Amazing To Watch, And I Love Most Of The Actors In It. A Middle-Aged Husband's Life Changes Dramatically When His Wife Asks Him For A Divorce. He Seeks To Rediscover His Manhood With The Help Of A Newfound Friend, Jacob, Learning To Pick Up girls At Bars. But He's New Friend Starting Dating And They Find Them Together. And Yes That Was Most From The Desc, But I Forgot Kind Of How The Movie Worked Again.

' Must Watch Movie ' -Cameron Ruse

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Author: phillipd97 from Australia
29 June 2014

What can i say about Crazy, Stupid, Love except that it was Almost fantastic. The actor Steve Carol plays Cal Weaver a middle aged man,going through a tough divorce until Cal meets Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling) who plays a charming, mysterious, ladies man. Both roles were performed perfectly, which only helped highlight the magnificent storyline.

Throughout the movie we see it turn from a sad typical romance that you'd expect, to a surprising, great and highly laughable romance comedy, which keeps us entertained until almost the very end.

The end ruined it for me, if only the movie had ended a little sooner it would of been so much better everything up until the final ending is perfect. The ending for me turned this movie into what should of been spectacular, to mediocre at best. The ending is what you'd expect from every other romance movie you've ever watched. Which for me just ruined this movie because, I thought it was more then just your typical chick flick romance.

SPOILER! It's ruined for me when Robbie Weaver, Cals son gives his 8th grade graduation speech and says how he thinks love is a scam, and as expected Cal stands up in front of everyone gives a great big speech wins back his wife then Robbie re confesses his love (seen time and time before) for Jessica and finally wins her over. Which is such a typical mediocre chick flick ending which in my opinion just wasn't needed if they cut that part out the movie would of been perfect.

A different kind of rom-com although somewhat disappointing

Author: Stompgal_87 from United Kingdom
19 June 2014

I wanted to see this film when it came out at the cinema with a member of support staff who worked at the house I moved to shortly before it was released but due to staff shortage, I didn't get to see it until today when I rented the DVD. The reason I wanted to see this film in the first place is because there aren't many romantic comedies that focus on couples getting a divorce, so its theme of Emily wanting a divorce from Cal was one of the film's strongest points. While this has more strengths than weaknesses, I was somewhat disappointed with the film's length being a little too long for my liking, the dialogue being clichéd in parts, particularly within the first half, and the uneven pacing.

Further to the film's concept, the acting was well done and mostly subtle. While the script had its clichéd moments and pop culture references to Twilight and Dirty Dancing, it had sound funny parts, especially about a female character's PG-13 life (possibly a fourth-wall joke relating to the film's certification in the USA); the film had some creative cinematography, particularly the shots of Cal's head covering Jacob's privates while they're in a locker room and the close-up shots of Jessica applying her make-up before taking nude selfies; and there was also a decent soundtrack with funky, contemporary and emotive snippets of incidental music and some pleasant if forgettable songs. The best songs for me were Goldfrapp's 'Ooh La La,' 'I've Had the Time of My Life' from Dirty Dancing, Spandau Ballet's 'True (also featured in the 2000 film remake of 'Charlie's Angels') and Middle East's 'Blood' that played into the closing credits. As for the story, I liked how the subplots of certain characters were revealed such as Bernie turning out to be Jessica's father and Hannah being revealed to be Cal and Emily's eldest daughter. The cast includes some well-known stars such as Steve Carell (Cal), Julianne Moore (Emily), Ryan Gosling (Jacob), Zathura's Jonah Bobo (Robbie) and the face of the EE mobile network Kevin Bacon as Emily's work colleague David.

All in all this film has some enjoyable, engaging and memorable moments but it also had some aspects that left me slightly dissatisfied. 7/10.

From the writer that brought you Tangled and Bolt and the composer that did music for Frozen comes this bland somewhat OK movie

Author: lisafordeay from Ireland
24 April 2014

Crazy Stupid Love was on TV last night and since it starred Steve Carrell(who I think is a somewhat good actor,I liked him in Bruce Almighty,he was hilarious in The 40 Year Old Virgin and he was excellent as Gru in Despicable Me franchise). The movie is about a middle-aged man(Carrell)who's wife wants a divorce from him and so he tries to woo her again. So he hires this playboy ladies man (played by Ryan Gosling,who I may add is hot in this without his shirt)and so Gosling's charcther dresses Carrell up and tries to help him woo with the women. He does however go on a date with Marisa Tomei's charcther who happens to teach his son at school and problems arise however where Gosling falls for Emma Stone's charcther(who is later revealed as Carrell's daughter)and some babysitter is in love with Carrell and Carrell's son loves the babysitter that loves Carrell,basically its all a tangled up messy relationship that these charcthers develop from the movie.

The comedy is slightly dry and its not as funny as lets say Dumb & Dumber or Rat Race for that matter,but if you are a fan of any of the actors in this movie than check it out. Once is enough to watch it or if you forgot what it was about you can check it out again.

Love, Love, Love.

Author: amber_maishment from United Kingdom
8 March 2014

Crazy, Stupid, Love follows Steve Carell as Cal, a married man of 25 years to Emily (Julianne Moore). The couples come across a hurdle in their marriage when Emily announces to an entire restaurant that she wants a divorce. Cal drowns his sorrows in a local bar, telling anyone that will listen about his predicament. Jacob, a bachelor rightly played by the gorgeous Ryan Gosling takes Cal under his wing and makes it his mission to help him become a new man and appeal to new potential love interests.

The narrative also follows Jacob's relationship with the stunning Hannah (Emma Stone) and even has a sub-plot of Cal's son Robbie (Jonah Bobo) who is completely infatuated by his older babysitter Jessica, played by Analeigh Tipton, who also has a huge teenage crush on Cal. The film is packed with different stories and characters in a huge triangle of love, but Crazy, Stupid, Love navigates between all of them with ease and intelligence.

As for the acting, the film most definitely delivers. Carell gives one of his best performances yet moving between depression, shame, and completely hilarious. His unique facial expressions are shattering in some scenes, and ridiculously comical in others. He displays a dramatic depth unlike much of his other work such as The 40-year-old Virgin. I have mostly seen Gosling play depressing dramatic roles such as Blue Valentine and The Notebook, but here he proves himself as a comedian, giving a hysterical performance nailing every line and mannerism. He is flawlessly groomed with twinkles in his eyes and sly grins, perfect for his role as a ladies man who has all the money and swagger. Moore and Carell's characters combine in a way that makes you believe the pair really are in a long-term marriage. Stone shines throughout the movie and her character is promptly lovable. Moore and Stone do not have such big parts, but give just as great performances, balancing the humour and drama, holding their own on-screen.

Marisa Tomei also stars in the film giving a fierce but very funny performance as a recovering alcoholic schoolteacher who dates Cal briefly after his divorce. Kavin Bacon also humours the audience as Emily's co-worker, who was her rebound too. Although they are very brief roles, they are hilarious in the scenes they were given. There can't be a more likable combination assembled together for a film. They gel remarkably well and even when one character tries to become unlikable, the actor depicts him or her with such talent that it is impossible not to like them.

What I love most about this film is that it is realistic. It doesn't paint love to be a magical thing that makes someone happy all the time like in fairy tales; it knows that love and relationships do not always work out and occasionally ends up in heartbreak. It's a heart-warming and somewhat painfully honest depiction of three couples and unfolds with such a twist it's a massive, yet hilarious shock to the audience. It provided me a few tears but a lot of laughs; definitely a must-see.

Hilarious, Touching, Love

Author: SnoopyStyle
2 March 2014

Emily Weaver (Julianne Moore) had an affair with David Lindhagen (Kevin Bacon), and she wants a divorce from Cal (Steve Carell). Meanwhile their babysitter Jessica (Analeigh Tipton) is in love with Cal, and their son Robbie (Jonah Bobo) is in love with Jessica. Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling) is a real ladies man, and he takes pity on Cal who's been whining about his divorce to everybody in the bar. Jacob does a make-over on Cal, but he finds himself falling for the PG-13 Hannah (Emma Stone).

I love everybody and every character in this movie. Carell and Gosling have great comedic chemistry together. I love Gosling insulting Carell. I even love Julianne Moore who was cheating. Analeigh Tipton is adorable in her infatuation, and Jonah Bobo is even more adorable in his. Ryan Gosling has a great dirty dancing bit with Emma Stone, and yes Emma is adorable too. In addition, there is a great scene with supporting actress Marisa Tomei, and Liza Lapira has some great lines about Conan. The only change I would make is to use the alternate ending in the DVD.

crazy crazy movie

Author: phoenix 2 from Greece
23 January 2014

Crazy stupid love is a romantic movie. But it is also a comedy. The story : Emily announces to her husband Cal that they must get a divorce. Cal accept it, moves out of the house and every night visits the same bar and speaks of his story. There he will meet Jacob, a rich attractive man who will teach Cal how to date women (one night stand usually). However Cal is still in love with Emily. The movie has lots of twists, giving the audience enough to satisfy them and keep them entertained till the end. Very funny and clever dialogs keep the interest high. The actors are great each one at presenting a different character quite convincing. All in all a great movie about relationships and love.