IMDb > Transformers: War for Cybertron (2010) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Transformers: War for Cybertron (VG) More at IMDbPro »

best transformers game ever

Author: anthony bohn (tbohn92@yahoo.com) from United States
28 July 2010

initially i was skeptic about getting this game at first but when i saw the trailer for it i was excited this game stays true to the g1 roots in design and personality for the characters and every character is unique in his own way cybertron is well designed as well being that every obstacle can pretty much be destroyed and the boss battles are pretty tough themselves However a few things i find a little annoying is the flying as a jet character which you at times need to ascend or descend and the combat is poor only 1 whack with a weapon and that is it but overall greatest transformers game ever made buy it rent it either way get it as soon as possible

Transformers War For Cybertron

Author: Terryfan from United States
30 November 2010

To say that this is the long overdue game for Transformers Fans would be a very huge understatement.

Transformers has been a huge with fans since it debut in 1984. First came the Toys, then the classic TV Series, Comic books, and much more.

And I can honest this game is what really brings the glory of Transformers out and it is a game that should have been made long ago.

Many fans of Transformers have been through many Transformers Video Games that go from terrible to decent. War For Cybertron is the superior Champion of Transformers.

Since the success of Batman: Arkham Asylum. Many video games based off the license shows and toys really help out with Transformers War For Cybertron.

The Game looks and feels like Transformers. The Characters look and feel like the Classic Generation 1 Characters. Many Classic and Fan Favorites are in War For Cybertron.

The Story in the game gives you a lot of the back-story into the Generation 1 Era of Transformers.

You will discover a lot of the answers to the many questions of Transformers such as How Megatron and Starscream meet, How Optimus became a Prime and others.

The Story is well thought out and the writers really did their work in terms of story telling. The story gives you the feel of being in the world of Transformers.

The Story line: Megatron discovers a new powerful and yet Dangerous Form of Energon called Dark Energon. Megatron and his Decepticons plan to infect the very core of the Planet Cybertron with Dark Energon.

Optimus, Bumblebee, Ratchet and the Autobots are send in to stop The Decepticons before it is too late.

You can play as both The Autobots and Decepticons. You can choose what side you want to play first but it's best to play The Decepticons story first and then The Autobots to better understand the events of the game.

The Voice Acting is very strong with a great cast of Voice Actors Peter Cullen is the only actor from Generation 1 to reprise his role as Optimus Prime and this is my main reason to buy War for Cybertron to hear the voice of Optimus Prime Mr.Cullen is the real voice of Optimus Prime.

Johnny Yong Bosch as Bumblebee was really a surprise for me but he did a very good job with the character.

Sam Riegel did the voice of Starscream and did the voice of the fan favorite Decepticon very well.

Fred Tatasciore did the voices of Megatron,Ratchet, Omega Supreme, and Trypticon. His voice for Megatron was really a evil one but I wish Frank Welker was offer the chance to join the team but still Fred did a very good job with Megatron's voice. He did another good job with his voice of Ratchet. His role as Trypticon and Omega Supreme sounds like G1 voices because he did the voices so good.

Issac C.Singleton Jr was perfect as the voice of Soundwave he really did a great job making Soundwave's voice sounds like Soundwave should sound in G1. One of my favorite voices for the game.

The Game Graphics are truly perfect, Everything from the level Designs to the designs of the Transformers are really thought out and very impressive they really went out all in the graphics.

The controls took a while to get use to but it really worth it.

The Gameplay is a lot of games roll into one. You can drive and fly and Transform at your desire and you can blast your foes with great weapons and a lot more.

Transformers War For Cybertron is really the True Champion for Transformers Fans who waited for years to have a game that would honor both the fans of Transformers and Transformers in general.

If you really want to a Game that is Worthy of the Transformers name then Transformers War For Cyvbertron is the right game for you! I give Transformers War For Cybertron an Perfect 10 out of 10 the best game based of Transformers Ever! Now Autobots Transform and Roll Out! Decepticons Attack!

Wooo Cybertron

Author: Tiekozulu from United States
5 June 2013

Transformers robots on Cybertron say what? That's right boys and girls Brandon's back and I finally got around to playing Transformers War for Cybertron. For those of you who know me you know that last year I put Fall of Cybertron on my top 5 games of the year. Well this game sadly is no where near that caliber of a game. The story in this one wasn't nearly as good it felt like the cartoon with how the plot was, but I'll get into that later.

The plot is simple and easy if you play it in chronological order that is. See you can start out playing as the Decepticons; which why wouldn't you or you can start out on level six and play as the Autobots. If say you are a huge Autobot fan and can't wait to play them then you will end up missing what is basically the beginning of the game. It isn't crucial that you play it but it does help. If you start out right playing as the villains you can play as Megatron or two other a**holes that I honestly never heard of. The basic plot for the Decepticons is to harvest dark energon and use it to corrupt the planet of Cybertron and rule it. Or evil villainous plot number 845 seriously is it just me or are you sick and tired of seeing the same generic take over the world thing happening over and over. My biggest problem with the Decepticon's campaign is the fact I can only play as two know Decepticons Megatron and Soundwave. They don't have Shockwave or Starscream as playable characters. That got a bit annoying if I do say sir, the lack of characters was sad to me but I guess they couldn't blow their load on the first game. The Autobot campaign was much better but still lacking in anything truly interesting. I was happy to see I recognized the characters but lets be honest we all would just play Optimus Prime the whole time because he is a bad mother f*****. They're campaign consist of stopping the corruption of Cybertron and saving their allies. The thing I noticed was both campaigns play out exactly the same. They have fights with Starscream in the beginning, they both have to fight a boss that has weaker enemies do their fighting, and at the end they have to fight a giant robot for whatever reason. Essentially you replay the game just with a different background. Overall the story doesn't compare to what Fall of Cybertron has.

The voice acting is good but I just believe that they were given s***** lines. Some of the crap they say is just so d*** cheesy it amazes me that they were told to even say it. The characters are very one dimensional just like they are in the cartoons and movies each has their one quark that they stay with the entire game. Examples, Starscream is constantly trying to take over the Decepticons, Megatron is always saying I will destroy you, and Optimus is a real goodie goodie. The sound effects are amazing I was truly impressed by all the woo wah sounds. Those were robot sounds people just cut me some slack.

The game looks average it did come out three years ago but I wasn't anything I was impressed with. I also have to say I enjoyed the character models a lot and I mean a lot but Cybertron got old quick. I understand their home world is one giant robot but Jesus I got tired at look at brown metal s***.

The game plays fairly well and I enjoyed the game for what it is worth. This is where the game loses me though because once you play the first three levels that is the entire frigging game. Eight hours was the perfect amount of time for this game if it was any longer it would've p****** me off. They have about seven enemy types and no cinematic experiences worth a s***, this was truly lack luster. The game could be challenging and they do that Halo thing where you never have enough ammo to finish a level so you are constantly switching guns which would be OK if some of the guns weren't total garbage d***. Vehicle mode is only useful in one level of the game that is in space otherwise it is only there when they make you do it. Even better is the fact I had some glitches that hurt the game for me.

Overall even with the complaints this game isn't bad. I played a little online and that seemed sort of shoehorned in. If you do find this game for eight dollars like I did then you won't be disappointed. If you are a huge Transformers fan boy you will nitpick more then I did, if you happen to just like robots kicking the s*** out of each other this is worth checking out. I say this is a bargain bin purchase it. I give this a plain ole C.