After a rough breakup, Stewart goes on an adventure, arriving at an inexplicable crossroads between himself and the character he is portraying.
Did You Know?
The production obeyed five central obstructions:
- 1. Shoot the entire film in one day, in downtown New York City.
- 2. Use three different cameras to cover the scenes, representing each narrative point of view (first, second, third person).
- 3. No multiple takes; Only one take per shot (sometimes one per scene, ala Nouvelle Vague, Melville, Vertov).
- 4. All scenes must incorporate significant elements of improvisation.
- 5. As with much documentary filmmaking, the story and plot(s) were to be considered flexible (by both cast and core crew) if more present or compelling material arose through improvisation, via both cinematography and acting within the scenes.
Written by Yellow Alex
Performed by Yellow Alex See more