IMDb > "Russell Howard's Good News" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Russell Howard's Good News" More at IMDbPro »

My type of comedy

Author: Axel Forshällen from Sweden
29 May 2014

Everyone has different opinions of everything but it is clearer differences in comedy. I love Russell Howard's good news and I really enjoy the humor around current events and the crazy news stories they find. This does not mean in any way you will actually like it. This show is more fitting with younger audiences that can handle a little bit of offensive sex jokes, jokes about the royal family of England and other famous people. A certain grade of tolerance is needed.

If you are a teen or in your twenties you might like it. This is not really recommended for older audiences or people who are too mature to enjoy life. This show may make you laugh until you cry or make you send a complaint to BBC and everything in between. See it and decide for yourself. Personally I can't stop watching it.

A great news comedy show

Author: mrsamczynski from Chicago, USA
26 October 2014

Russell looks at stories in the news, with focus on the UK, Europe, and rest of the world.

The comedy is 'spot-on' with well timed skits, jokes, and commentary. Jokes frequently go full-circle and you'll see them well placed multiple times throughout the show.

For US fans this show is akin to The Daily Show or Colbert Report, just without a news desk; and at times is funnier, but the formula is similar: Current news, puns about it, skits, and finally a guest at the end.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Thank you Russell Howard.

Russell Howard's Good News

Author: Jackson Booth-Millard from United Kingdom
5 January 2016

I had always seen bits and pieces of this show in the past, it had a similar vibe to the format of TV Burp (it's even made by the same studio), but focusing on recent events to make jokes of, it's thanks to Dave and recent series I was able to appreciate it. Russell Howard, best known as a former regular panelist on Mock the Week, presents this comedy clip show which focuses and makes great jokes (where possible) on current affairs and topical news from the UK and around the world. Topics covered in all or most episodes are Big News, Sports, Celebrity, Society, Crime and Punishment, Politics, Art and Culture, Animals, Religion, Kids, Health, I Did Not Know That, Technology, What Were They Thinking?, a Mystery or invited Guest and It's Not All Doom and Gloom (a positive or heartwarming news story). All these topics focused can be about either serious news or weird news, but whatever is talked about Howard has a terrific sense of humour and timing, there's always something I will laugh at and everyone can enjoy this show. Very good!

A Comedic Legend.

Author: destinyawest from Australia
19 December 2015

Absolutely brilliant show. Russell Howard is my favourite comedian and I can always count on this show delivering the laughs week after week. With Russell's wit and fabulous sense of humour, he delivers insights into the world of pop culture, politics, media and any other topic that takes his fancy at the time.

This is a laugh out loud show. Brilliant, with interesting special guests. If you love the English sense of humour, then this show is for you, and I'd definitely suggest on watching it right back from the very first episode.

Fantastic comedy.

Almost, but not quite there

Author: buddleja from Brisbane, Australia
5 January 2011

Russell Howard is a new comedic face to me. His show is like a modern day version of the Clive James Show but with much less drollery and, possibly, not quite so interesting guests.

I keep watching even though there's something not quite a hit about this show. Russell picks up well on contemporary culture but the frequent and blatant references to bodily parts and functions can tend to wear after a while.

The humour is boyish-smutty which Russell carries off well given his looks. There is some wit in there but its generally overwhelmed.

The final segment of the show is always a 'feel good' story from the press which, again, can be hit or miss. Given Russell's persona I'll never be sure whether the segment is there to help tone down the previous material.

Worth giving a try if you don't recoil from brash, younger comedians.

Russell Howard's Good News

Author: darshan chudasama from United Kingdom
20 April 2012

Russells show is not that good, its pretty cheap humor of clips repeated over and over again to get a laugh out of the childish audience members

his impressions are terrible because there always the same

the only good thing about the show is the clips but only seeing them once on the show , he tends to repeat the clips he has used once over and over again to fill in the time limit of the show

the truth is its a rip off of tosh.0 , every thing about the two shows are the same, but tosh has a funnier show because his show has a much broad variety of clips

russells show is limited to allot of things like the news aspect because there is never enough clips to show about news he uses top clips from the net

the show can be better if it was presented by a better host because he was terrible on mock the week just like anything else