IMDb > "Bones" The Devil in the Details (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Bones: The Devil in the Details (#5.14)"

"Bones" The Devil in the Details (2010)

« Prev | 97 of 245 Episodes | Next »

Horny

Author: ctomvelu1 from United States
6 February 2010

B&B investigate the gruesome murder of a deformed individual who vaguely resembled the devil of popular Christian mythology -- horns, tail and all. The corpse is found set ablaze on the altar of a church, and all signs point to a demonic situation. This eventually leads our intrepid duo to a nearby nuthouse. I always say you can't go wrong putting the protagonists of any movie or TV show in a loony bin. It gets pretty creepy before all is resolved As usual with this show, the killer is revealed within minutes of the opening. The fun here as always is in the catching. In fact, when the killer is finally revealed, it is done in a quick, perfunctory, almost off-screen manner while the script concentrates on B&B and their spiritual beliefs, or lack thereof. Catholics will either love or hate this one.

Fabulous

Author: walkersullivan from United States
11 February 2010

I really enjoyed this episode. The mental dude with all types of body "enhancements." That was sweet. I loved the guy had gotten horns during a bad phase in his life. Of course, he was never the same since. I really like the play between B&B in this one; the tension between them is hot, and the religious issues are cool --- I really like when she deals with things so forensically, and Booth is so emotionally tied. They really make a great combo. BTW, noticed that the writing seems to be getting better all the time with these guys --- must have some great people. I think this will continue to be a TV hit, and likely will also continue to gather a cult following. I've been rewatching some episodes before, and the development of the characters (and I do love Mr. Sweets) is great.

Excellent episode.

Author: bsullivan-612-120290 from United States
11 February 2010

As a disclaimer, I really like this show. But seriously, this episode was rad. The writing is really getting better and better in this show, and I love the themes (this one, and the 007 episode have been my favorites). As someone involved in the criminal justice system, I really like the portrayal of the characters, especially the victims and their assorted tails. I hope they continue to give Michael Peterson (the writer for this one and the 007 episode) more and more episodes to write... looking back on my favorite episodes, he has been the writer for each. Seriously, that guy is cool, and just really starting to come into his own. Someone should give him a movie deal if he writes features.