IMDb > Ra.One (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 31:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

One of SRK's worst movies

Author: MovieMagicCollections from India
27 October 2011

Any SRK films comes with huge hype and why not......he has always been associated with good and popular films. So when Ra One was announced I like millions of others were eager to see the movie. Before watching it I had only one apprehension, The director was Anubhav Sinha who had made films like Cash (Memories of my worst film watching experience). But then I thought, its a SRK film and he himself is the producer (his wife Gauri is actually the producer, I should not worry.........

With lot of excitement I pre booked my and my family's tickets. Well the The Day came and we went to the theater. 2 and half hours later thanks to Mr. Anubhav Sinha's direction (and script) and Mr Khan over acting and some crude jokes and some cool effects (the only good parts) I was reminded of the memories of Cash.........

Just pouring in money and showing special effects doesn't help a film become good. Love Story 2050 had good effects, but the movie? well lets not talk about it. The characterization is half baked, the plot, nothing, the story...... Its a fairy tale in a fairy world, its that bizarre.

The rating should be around 3 but since I saw many readers (read SRK blind fans) gave it high rating I have reduced the rating to balance it. Save money, save time, save energy.....save yourself from watching RA One..........

Weak script, horrible acting, special effects?????

Author: nautiyal-aditya
26 October 2011

With 52 crores being spent for promotion Ra one is being touted as a breakthrough Indian superhero movie. But apart from the promotion nothing has been done right by the film makers. The culprits 1- A very weak script. The main good super hero(G One), bad super villain(Ra One)is standard like all superhero movies. But the subplots are extremely weak. And at times pathetic and not needed. G One is robot/computer program machine. There are issues related to him not understanding human emotions and then at times he gets too touchy which makes no sense. Kareena Kapoor on the other hand is not human. Sometimes upset that her husband is dead and the very next second she is dancing to "Chammak Challo". There are some attempted comedy element tried to put in between the movie from time to time which are poor. **The scene when Shahruk and his son get mugged by dwarf guy is embarrassing. That time the movie hall was in pin drop silence. As confused as the script writer. 2)Cheap humor-The only audience that might find this movie decent would be age 5-10 years. Sadly this movie has messed up for even them.The culprit the not needed, cheap adult humor. A scene where G-one tries to grab kareena's boobs, which for some reason comes in between and action scene. Then there is a scene when G one is holding the Ra one's crotch for a painfully long time. One wonders what Shahruk was thinking during the filming. Another one in which G one holding a packet of condoms and telling Kareena that they would improve her mood. Really????? Does he really expect us to laugh at this. 3) Misdirected Special effects - The special effects are of high quality. But with weak plots and too many effects on a single event. The whole thing gets diluted and excruciating to watch. The train chase is all about Shahrukh twisting and turning. The special effects are shown from every possible angle and with the amount of time spent one wonders how long is the train which G one is scaling. There is a fight sequence when some ruffians come at the standard bollywood - one at a time sequence and keep getting bashed up by a football. After 5 minutes it gets on your nerves and Rajni's entry after 15min of that torture adds to the pain. I guess only die hard Rajni fans could tolerate it. 4)Horrible acting. Shahruk should hang up his boots after this.He looked amateur in front of the kid actor. Kareena cannot act. And please don't make her a mom.She only looks comfortable as a bimbo. The attempted pseudo west lingo of "Dude" and "kick ass" is stupid. They are extinct in the west and too old even for India. And last but not the least among the several low points in this movie there is also a racist comment by Ra One "I hate Chinese".

A super-crap movie that should be a super-flop but may be a super hit

Author: dreamsfilm-1 from India
5 November 2011

SRK is a genius. At conman ship!

He's single-handedly taken a mega-crap garbage of a movie and turned into a must-see event. Now if that isn't genius what is? I think he said no to Shankar and yes to Anubhav Sinha is simply because he couldn't control Shankar but would be able to control Anubhav Sinha. A talentless soul who's only made sub-par crap reaching rock bottom in crappiness by making Cash. And flop-master Anubhav jumped up with joy and couldn't believe his luck that he was getting a 150 crore budget and India's biggest superstar after the disaster like Cash. It's just an example that God doesn't condemn anyone.

The movie or the pathetic example of a grotesque cinematic experience :-

1. G.One. The video game character actually smiles, sings and dances. Stupidity.

2. Ra.One. The villain doesn't want to dominate the world. He just wants to kill a silly annoying kid. Did the makers stop to think that the audience would actually support the villain on this one?

3. No explanation for anything. If it's SRK kuch bhi chalta hain.

4. Action scenes look they are directed by someone else. Not a good sign for Mr.Sinha. If only the rest of the movie had been directed by competent people.

5. Bad background score. For e.g. - the intro of G.One. We don't even realize the hero has arrived. Basic superhero movie 101. I guess it's too much to expect from morons.

The list could go on and on but I'm just too tired and don't want to relive the experience.

But the biggest people to blame are the stupid Indian audience. They'll turn up in droves like marionettes to watch something as bad as this if there's a star. But let quality movies go a begging.

Wonder why don't theaters just play slideshows of still pictures of movie stars in theaters. That should be enough.

I've nothing against movie stars, but only against talentless people being given the reigns to make movies and the result being presented as something worthwhile.

Shame on you Mr.Khan. I really like you and your movies but this one was below the belt.

I mean you cheated your fans. Your real fans that is.

Juvenile and pointless. Not entertaining at all.

Author: rgadgi from Pune, India
26 October 2011

I am usually not a big fan of Hindi mainstream movies, and so had not planned to watch Ra One. But free tickets and some pressure from friends, I ended up going. I went expecting a bad movie, but decided I will enjoy some mindless action, perhaps good special effects and check out Kareena in that sexy red sari in Chammak Challo. But right from the outset I realized that this movie will not meet even my very low standards! SRK doing a Tamil nerd impression is painful to watch, the 'aiyyo' and eating noodles with curds by hand, are jokes that only a six year old would find funny. Not only is there no story, there isn't even an attempt to have a story. The special effects are a yawn (as one reviewer has said, nothing you wouldn't have seen in umpteen Hollywood movies, actually even on HBO!) and the sci-fi explanations (Ra One and G One coming to life are not even explained!) are lame. There are utterly ridiculous and pointless fights, like outside the airport, which go on forever. The song sequences make no sense, even for a Hindi movie, where usually the trick is to use a dream sequence. There are no other characters in the movie, other than a pointless and very unfunny Satish Shah. The finale is boring, predictable and pointless. Oh and the kid is annoying (typical NRI brat types, who of course has the computer skills of 10 top hackers in the world put together, utterly unbelievable). Only, and I mean only, 5 minutes in the film that entertain is the Chammak Challo song.

A confused mishmash of formulae

Author: Ashu Modi
9 November 2011

From the time that the credits roll on to the screen (Thanks to Shahenshah Amitabh, Superstar Rajnikanth and hugs to Sanjay Dutt & Priyanka Chopra), one gets the feeling that the movie is an indulgence in the exercise of 'I scratch your back and you scratch mine' and not the self proclaimed revolution in Hindi film making.

It is a confused mishmash of the same formulae that have been used in the Hindi film industry for all these years with some early 90s style Hollywood special effects thrown in. Somebody needs to tell the director Anubhav Sinha and the producer/actor Shah Rukh Khan that one cannot and should not try to please all the people in the audience, else the end result is exactly what they served: a movie that feels forced and stale

Story: By now, all who are remotely interested in this movie know about the story. It is the weakest link in the entire setup. The entire writer's union (even SRK has been credited with contributing to something that amounts to nothing) couldn't decide whether this needs to be a sci-fi, superhero, romance, children or an action flick. Some of the outstanding moments (scenes where I nearly stood outside the theater)are:

1. A press conference at the start where the audience is dumb as it believes the crap that Ms. Reddy dishes out about technology

2. The moment when the antagonist steps out of the game - no explanation on how the game developed an intelligence on its own or how it could move into the physical world in a suit that obviously does not have even a millionth of the processing power or storage capacity needed for such a complicated being to function

3. The superhero's entry - again, no idea how it came into being in the physical world. And how the hell did Ms. Reddy (who seems more like a marketing executive) figure out what the lead game designer / team leader SRK could not

4. How was Kareena able to keep her husband's death a secret from the neighbours in India? These days when even a burp is reported on the Facebook and/or Tweeted around the world, it seems highly unlikely

5. Why the hell did the robot have to run along the side of the train when running on the top would have been the fastest way to the motorman's cabin?

Frankly, the entire story leaves a lot to be desired

Influences: 1. Poster inspired from Batman Begins 2. The story inspired from Judgement Day (robot saves mother and son from another robot), The Last Action Hero (characters from imaginary world stepping out into the real world), Tron (gaming world characters vs real world characters), Kalicharan (father dies, someone replaces him to protect family), Iron Man (the concept of H.A.R.T. is the same as the arc reactor), Millennium Man (a robot learning about emotions) 3. Scenes inspired from Spiderman series, Batman series, Terminator series, Iron Man series, Rajni's Robot, whew 4. The best moment in the film for me was when the film's shooting was at the factory featured on Pink Floyd's Animals'cover. The only issue is it didn't look half as beautiful

Acting: the less said the better

Overall: Watch at your own risk

SRK may have recovered his investment but he has to remember that he may fool some of the people all the time, all the people some of the time, but he can't fool all the people all the time with his over-the-top marketing gimmicks

P.S. the much vaunted Rajnikanth special appearance seems like its airbrushed on to the reel

'RA.one' - A movie with some effects and a lot of stupidity!! JUST DREADFUL WATCH

Author: bhanu-tiwari-bt from India
27 October 2011

OK so 26Th RA.One released and although I had decided that there is no way that I'l watch this stupid movie, my friends were bored and they thought we should watch it(we realized later when we started watching that this was the part where we seriously went wrong!). So, anyway, we went and got ourselves some "jubilee" class tickets and started watching this unbelievably crappy movie.

The first half started and as it progressed it became, literally, the most boring,stupid and just plain "lame" thing I have ever seen in my life in a movie. SRK plays head of technical department of a gaming company that desperate to come up with a good game release, he has a son who has a really BAD hairdo and likes playing games but hates superheroes and loves villains. SRK is seen struggling with getting attention of his kid who tells SRK that he likes villains and that his father should make a game in which the villain will never lose. Amazingly (I think this is the part where the movie just goes insanely dumb and lame) he creates such a game in ONE DAY and guess what the game characters then come to life out of thin air without any SOUND explanations(yeah!!I know-->WDF!!)!After that every damn stupid thing that happens is predictable and anyways the story is so lame that I don't even want to talk about it cause just thinking about the stupid story pisses me off! Seriously at one point I was so angry, frustrated and irritated I just wanted to rip off my buddy's head who's idea it was to watch this *beep *beep*beep movie. I felt as if I was being punished by the so called 'King khan' for some mistake I didn't do. If you know some people you seriously hate, I would suggest you gift them tickets to 'RA.1'!

You'll hear some people say that the effects are good and that "oh no Bollywood movie has done such effects". Well, let me inform everyone who shares this same view that nobody is saying that the effects were bad but what about everything else, Raone has a really predictable and weak storyline and the dialogues and acting is just dump.

I dare any normal person to see 3-4 shows of the movie non-stop and LIVE to tell the tale...yeah!! its THAT BAD!

Seriously, If you are a die hard fan of SRK and don't really give ANY importance to story OR dialogues OR acting OR editing OR screenplay, go see it today! But in case if you are a NORMAL sane Human Being like me then Do NOT waste your money, I did the mistake and I want everyone to make a better choice of NOT going to this movie. It (mark my words) is a complete waste of your time and money.

a mixture of Crap

Author: lovelysingh9920 from India
18 November 2011

See if: your IQ Level is not even more then 1,die hard fan,....

Avoid if: Human Being, self respected movie-goer, dog,cat, even donkey etc.

worst movie on the name of science fiction , don't dare to watch this movie .There is no editing , no story , no screenplay ,not even dialogues , not a single logic in this movie , worst acting by everyone . This movie defines garbage , it should be on the worst movie list of IMDb. I left the theater after hour , this is the biggest awful movie i have ever seen in the cinema . And people who are saying this movie is good or even given this movie 2/10 are retards .You will shoot yourself after 20 minutes because you can't find Anubhav Sinha and greedy SRK there . Believe me this movie is that much worst.

This has confirmed for me - there is no God. He would not stand for this. I hope you're happy, Shahrukh Khan(with all MONEY in your pocket, you have earned from this ).You are the Cancer that is killing humanity...

The people who made this should be SUED for emotional suffering experienced by viewers. A rating of 1 isn't deserved For this so called RA.one . I give it a negative 9999999999999999999 and to infinity and beyond.

****Just SAVE Yourself from This S-H-I-T****

unwatchable..

Author: John Rambo from India
6 November 2011

There was a SMS joke doing the rounds after this movie released - "Entry to Ra.One is free, but for early exit one has to pay Rs.500/-, That's how Ra.One made all the money!"

That SMS I would say sums all of it. Watch at your own risk.

Most of the storyline is a hotchpotch of various movies from Hollywood. Including iron man, mr.beans, spidy and so on.

Though it was earlier meant for kids, there are vulgar jokes, scenes and dialogues that make it unsuitable for kids.

SRK has thrown in all masala thinking of targeting all audience segments, and has therefore been unable to please anyone.

Tata Nano sold as a Ferrari

Author: Neil Vincent from India
1 November 2011

At the end of Ra.One I was left wondering how King Khan had a Tata Nano and sold it as a Ferrari! The beauty of the graphics and the density of the screenplay can be compared to the best of the Hollywood movies but Ra.One lacks character.

The story begins on a bad note and quickly drops from there to nothingness. SRK is Shekar, a video game designer from Chennai at London; a stereotype South Indian, who speaks bad Tamil and looks hardly the part. Bad acting has ripped this movie in tatters. The first half is a test SRK has prepared for your nerves with such mind numbing comedy. The lines were obvious and scripted lacked any surprise or energy.

Kareena manages to look gorgeous but hardly looks like the mother of Armaan Verma who by the way has done a great job.The 'wow' factor of the movie is Arjun Rampal who manages to pull you with his suave and angelic Powers. 'Chamak Challo'; that my friends, is the high light of the entire movie! And everything else is mental rape of common sense for you. SRK is a fantastic producer lavishing on the sets and props but made a disaster of a movie. The King is severely stressed and appears like a half baked cake throughout the movie.

My dear SRK; you cannot be Rajnikanth not only because you are not Rajnikant but also because you are King Khan! This movie can be a great marketing case study on how excessive marketing of a damp product can actually set the box office on fire (Arindam Chaudari hope you are listening!) SRK's media prowess is obvious with people calling this the movie of a lifetime. YUCK!! In short Ra.One is a boring science lecture on Artificial Intelligence and also the 150 crore ego boost of a bad actor. If you decide to watch this movie; please leave your brains in the fridge!

5rs Bar-one chocolate is much better

Author: prashant_dhama200 from India
31 October 2011

There are so many bad words and disgusting feeling to write here..... This movie is full of idiotic sequences and good animation only. Lack of sense and an unwilling, impossible truth which is marked as "The different cinema". Movie starts with a game and the child wants his dad to create a super villain for the game.

SRK the dad of this kid creates RA-one to cheer his son and apparently creates the hero G-one...

Without any clue, RA-one comes out of the game. Question arises "How is it possible that a game character can come out of game screen?" He/it what to call him I don't know because it appears that it is robot but talks like human. Same thing happens to G-one, it loves kareena but I don't know it is robot or he is man? What the hell?. If he smokes, he coughs but if he grabs the "main point", "Ra-One" asks "What are you doing G-one"? Not only this, nut animation of train engine out of damaged CST station is total animated and no feeling of reality. The dialogs are stupidest in the whole world.... SRK acts like a lover boy instead a game character....

I fell asleep and asked my friend to wake me up when the movie is over...

Bloody hell, nothing good. I f you want to go for special effects, you better go and play games like Bioshock, Tekken 6 and all.

Never watch this stupid 3 hours crap...

Page 1 of 31:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]