IMDb > "Sons of Anarchy" NS (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Sons of Anarchy" NS (2010)

« Prev | 39 of 95 Episodes | Next »

An epic season finale

Author: athomed from United States
30 January 2013

It doesn't matter what the season finale for The Simpsons was, and I couldn't even give you the rough plot outline of a Seinfeld season finale except the last episode, but they really matter for a crime drama like SoA. They're important for dramas. They're important in keeping us invested. Dramas build on the major plot week to week. They need a good payoff on that plot by the finale. I could absolutely tell you the season finale to many seasons of Lost. And who can forget Jack being gift-wrapped for the Chinese at the end of season 5 of 24? I was a little disappointed with the S2 finale Na Triobloidi. But S3's NS is one of the best finales in the show's history. It's the exact opposite of what you might call a by the numbers finale. All the loose ends get tied up, I mean all the right characters find themselves at the end of a gun, or the blade of a knife. This is a powerful hour of television. It's particularly satisfactory to have S3 end on a strong note, given that this season is episode for episode the weakest one in my opinion. But hey, the weakest season of SoA is miles ahead of Grey's Anatomy or any drama you'll find on network television for that matter. Way to go, FX.

There's a real cathartic feeling to the final five or ten minutes of this episode. A sense of the wounds gained in S2 healing. Jax, Clay and the club are on good terms. Stahl is out of the picture for good. They're looking at small time and a more lucrative deal with the IRA to fall back on when they get out. But at the same time, Tara sits at Jax's houses reading letters from his father to Maureen in Belfast. It's understood that these letters may have the power to rip apart all the healing that's taken place between Jax and the MC. The secrets surrounding JT and the years leading up to his death that have long been put to bed by Clay and Gemma are threatening just beneath the surface. A brilliant season finale never lets you get too comfortable. Things can change at a moment's notice. There's no episode better to express that than a season finale. 10 out of 10. Can't wait to start re-watching S4.

Extremely Satisfying

Author: goodfella479 from United States
4 April 2013

After missing out on this show for nearly 5 years, I gave it a try on a recommendation. I was hooked after watching the pilot, but felt after seasons 1 and 2 that there was too much unfinished business and left rather unsatisfied with the position everything was at. That in and of itself made it more of an interesting way to move from season to season, and also set up for such a wowzer sequence at the end of season 3. As the crew is loaded into the van, the chief parting ways with his gun and badge, you cant help but sit there and think "not again dammit". But still wonder what they have in store for Jax making amends in the upcoming seasons. Then, everything gets set right - and in a way that is up there with Shawshank as far as how big of a smile I was left with when the credits rolled. Kudos to the writers of this episode and of all others, as they have truly made this one of the best drama shows of all time.

That being said, when the heck is season 5 going to be on-demand with Xfinity or available on Netflix? I'm going to go nuts in about 3-4 days.

Not sure why all the hate. Thought it was the best season closer since the end of Breaking Bad

Author: ivanmckinnon (ivanmckinnon@hotmail.com) from Canada
3 October 2014

I'm not sure why people are hating on this so much here. Without disclosing any spoilers I thought they did a great tie in job. One of the best season finales I've seen in years. You do have to have some suspension of disbelief for some of it (as you had to do for the entire season) but if they did everything by the book it would be boring as hell. Really when you look at it Breaking Bad had some outlandishly implausible story lines but was still one of the most enjoyable and best shows of the last decade or two. Not sure why SOA doesn't get as much of a pass on the suspension of disbelief. Extremely satisfying end to season 3 in my opinion.

Tie up episode.

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
6 October 2011

Tie up episode. With a long soap opera season the show improves. After watching a season where everyone's wives, girlfriends etc kill someone! This season has every cop, boy at gas station knows Sam Crows business. The club's prospects are doing way to important and over their head business. One wonders why the whole gang is not in jail. I thought season three lost any relevance with realism, and call the season a soap opera. In the end the last season's show is a tie up episode. The gaps etc are all filled in. Everyone avoids serious jail time, the right people die, and the gang rides on in true t v fashion. A few surprises in this episode. I give this show 8 out of 10 for shock value, while the rest of the season is rubbish.