IMDb > Beautiful Creatures (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 27: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Background Music

Author: desireefaber from United States
4 January 2015

This movie could have been more popular had the background music been different......It seems that people relate to a good movie better by having the background music either be an original classic that we have all come to love or something popular in this generation's content. The actors were great together and had the perfect mannerisms on check. If only the background music at certain time frames had been more approachable or something to remember it for. The books were wonderful so I hope that the rest of them can be made into films wherein the younger generation, as well as an older generation, can appreciate it WITH A GREAT SELECTION OF BACKGROUND MUSIC!

Titanic Meets Harry Potter Meets Southern

Author: flamingphoenyx from Kokomo, IN
23 April 2014

The first 4 times watching this movie I was Like "Boring", but i was also watching it with loud obnoxious people. Then I got in the mood for romance and My mother had rented this and watch it, its really good so i waited till everyones asleep like i normally do and put it in and was not this again but started watching anyway. By the end of the movie i was already having fantasies about Ethan Wate. This film has every intention of reminding a person about the first time they fell in love. Also it has every intention of making a fantasy love come true. DOwnsides to this movie are character attitudes. Everyone seems so hunk dory when a few scenes needed a sense of seriousness and bold attitude. Needed more caster less phenomenon. Caster battle magnificent needs more graphics and probably less space between the original story and the directors story. would of been nice to explore the world of caster a bit more and less the boring town thy lived in and the school they went to and that annoying blonde haired girl. But for me its the end scene that just makes my heart come alive though there was no explanation as to how that scene came about no reference to a spell or nothing so it left viewers a little confused unless they read the books. but it makes the viewer want to become the reader. Over all this movie was a new series beginner and like i say in all reviews of movies that start a series the Director should expect harsh criticism but be happy cuz thats all the more room he has to improve with the next movie. Also this movie would have been far much more climatic if the Twilight fans weren't stuck up Bella and Edward's butt after the Twilight series was done. But because they were no one was open to new mysterious, majestical, and magical love fantasies.

It's better than Twilight and others of type

Author: Madison Montgomery from New Orleans
9 March 2014

Beautiful Creatures , is an American film obviously! which came in a failed attempt ( commercially ) to replace the super franchise (in terms of box office only) Twilight mixed with many and few positive reviews it's hard not to get back foot and even give up to see , good to my surprise Beautiful Creatures was no longer a cloying and forced film, primarily the similar characteristics with the Twilight Saga are minor , the films together are so divergent that only weak minds with prejudice will say that this is a copy of another , probably not even bothered to pay attention to BC to analyze differences . BC begins to walk in front , with a beautiful photo, beautiful special effects, beautiful sets and costumes , beautiful performances both veterans as beginners , beautiful art direction , beautiful soundtrack ( sung and instrumental ) and beautiful scenes , everything is so beautiful that makes the name of the movie does not want to leave . The film captivates with mode whose history is presented and developed , the protagonist convinces their role and form together with your loved one a beautiful romantic couple is noticeable to see many flaws in this movie , although not very loud to the point of making is a bad movie , but they are loud enough to let the distracted very confused, the main flaw is the bad times completed, which give them an air of unfinished, and this is obviously done with all the pressure to make a second film leaving this first as a backdrop of film sequences, which unfortunately due to low collection can will not happen. Overall BC is a great film with a strong cast and a good story, but their inconsistencies leave the same to be desired.

Not usually into supernatural movies but this was AMAZING!

Author: Shelby Michele from Canada
22 February 2014

Yes.. okay the accents weren't great but I LOVED the movie all in all.. I haven't read the book yet and I recommend you do not if you're planning on watching this movie as many people who gave it a low rating are the ones who read the book. I've learnt to not read books before watching the movies because it mostly ends in disappointment in all honesty.. How can a director know what everyones visual perspective is on a movie. Some things just are not possible but I personally, thought Beautiful Creatures was one of the best movies I have ever seen and I will be upset if they do not make Beautiful Darkness a movie as well. So all in all, if you're planning on watching this movie PLEASE DO and get the ratings up because it really is an amazing movie on its own and hold off on reading the book until after.

Intelligent, touching teenage romance with just enough heart to make it thoroughly enjoyable and just enough supernatural to make it pretty unique.

Author: milicentbrovovich from United Kingdom
20 January 2014

This film has a smart script, GREAT performances, a nice soundtrack and a solid story. I have noticed this film is getting a lot of hate, primarily from book readers, but as I haven't read the book I am somewhat less bias, as a stand alone film this is great fun. I'm rating it 10 on here because I feel the current score is *way* too low considering this film is of a much higher calibre than most young adult/supernatural romances.

The two main characters ooze charm, and upon multiple viewings this film only gets more and more enjoyable.

Now, my favourite film is Blade Runner and I love a lot of the ''intelligent, critically acclaimed classics'' but this is a great film for what it is, just watch and enjoy!

EDIT (April 2015): I have NOW read the book and you know what??? I still stand by this review. LOVE this movie.

Beautiful Mess

Author: alisasheree from New Orleans
29 September 2013

I've read many reviews on this film. Some good, some bad.... I suppose to those who haven't read the books this film was pretty awesome. To those of us who have read them this film leaves a lot to be desired. Some of my biggest issues with this film: ( SPOILER ALERT ) - the combination of the characters Amma & Marian. I enjoy both characters equally. How are we to even think about any sequels ? You've killed off Sarafine. Those horrid southern accents. Where is Boo? Speaking of Boo .. they were also suppose to be reading To kill a Mockingbird & Lena has her own copy. Mrs. English is not a man nor a history teacher. Macon is not a caster he is an incubus that feeds on dreams.Link's beater? The dance? Lucille? The sister's. Kelting..... etc n so on. I'm really displeased. I was looking forward to the best movie ever, since the series is so awesome. BIG...HUGE let down. I mean they basically re - wrote the book! I also don't think some of that casting is legit... I mean Lena has dark hair. This chick in the film has just flat brown hair, bordering on red. Btw, where is Ethan's dad in this film? I think if you plan to adapt a book for film, stick with what is written. I realize the authors were present at the time but they should be ashamed for letting so many of us readers down by allowing this film to be released in the state its in. Books get adapted into films frequently but at least most stick to the storyline. If I wanted to watch a witchy version of Twilight, I'd just pop in the DVD and re-watch that. The books are so much more entertaining. This movie bombed! I motion for a remake lol

Poorly done attempt at starting a franchise. I was quite disinterested in this one…

Author: callanvass from victoria b.c canada
29 September 2013

Man, between Twilight, this, and now The Host… I'm kind of burnt out on adaptations. This movie is a joyless experience. I was bored to tears through most of it. I've never read the book, so maybe my review for this is going to be a bit unfair, but this movie was very hard to get through. I realize this series has a big fan-base, but they just aren't for me. The character of Ethan himself is a tad dull as well at least he is in the movie. Alice Englert (Leana) is a bit more fun to watch, but her chemistry with Alden Ehrenreich felt off to me, and a little awkward to say the least. Reliable stars like Jeremy Irons & Viola Davis do what they have to do well. I didn't like this movie at all, and thankfully. For the time being at least, there appears to be no sequel in the works because it bombed at the box office

3.5/10

This movie SUCKS

Author: ronci-johnson from Louisville, Kentucky
8 September 2013

This movie is by far the WORST book to movie adaptation I've ever seen in my life! I loved the books but this movie should be scrapped and placed in the trash! I think they should just wait another six years and start over again with a genuine adaptation series. I find it really hard to believe that the movie had a 60 million dollar budget! It seemed like some low-budget, over-hyped, B-rated movie! I was so disappointed by a movie based off of one of my favorite book series. Not only did the writers completely DESTROY the entire story line, they got rid of A TON of key characters that would make it next to impossible to continue the entire story passed the first book! I for one feel like they didn't even bother actually reading the book they just had their kid tell them about it and after brain storming this is what they came up with. Not to mention the actors were TERRIBLE for the most part. Whoever did the casting for this movie needs to be cast out of Hollywood onto a raft with NOTHING to help them survive.

Disappointing is an understatement!

Author: marianlouise1990 from Wales
1 September 2013

I started reading the books after reading a lot of terrific reviews about the series on GoodReads.com. I immediately fell in love with Lena and Ethan, Macon, Link, Marian, Amma, the 3 sisters just to name a few! The story was well thought out and gripping. When I learnt they were adapting it into a film I was so excited and was counting down the days until it's release. I only wish I could have predicted how awful the adaption was going to be! Half the characters were missing (e.g. Marian, the 3 sisters)and they were characters that play a key role in the original plot. I didn't find the actors very convincing, and it just wasn't beautiful creatures!!! I spent the entire movie telling my partner (who hasn't read the books) that "this was missing here" and "that doesn't happen in the book" and was pretty much annoyed through out. But my partner being an individual who had not read the book thoroughly enjoyed the movie! I'm not sure they can carry on with the series considering the ridiculous ending! And if they do miraculously find a way I won't be getting my hopes up!!!!

Awful book to film interpretation

Author: raccattack from Spain
29 August 2013

The title says it all! I had the film before i read the books but as i usually do i bought the books and read the first then the night after i had finished the whole series i tucked my 3 year old in to bed grabbed a cornetto from the freezer and sat down ready to be engrossed and thrilled from beginning till end........well this did not happen!!!! I was so disappointed, this could have been the next twilight or hunger games series, the books have so much detail and so many twists and turns you loose yourself in them but this just skipped and messed around with the story and made too many short cuts, i couldn't believe what i was watching! I never usually do reviews i felt this let me down that much that i just had to say something, but please please people who have seen the film and are put off of ready the books Don't BE!! THE BOOKS ARE FANTASTIC!!