IMDb > "Call Me Fitz" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Call Me Fitz" More at IMDbPro »

Loved it.

Author: decmannix from Ireland
30 November 2010

Watched the first four episodes one after the other and thoroughly enjoyed this rather adult, quirky, dark comedy. Jason Priestly is in fine form as the lead and great to see him really acting again. The other characters, all weird in their own little ways, blend together nicely with him into a working but dysfunctional family of colleagues in a car sales lot. The reason Fitz is the way he is becomes apparent the more you watch this and you realize there are some serious issues beneath the surface. If you liked 'John from Cincinnati' you will love this as they are very similar.

Highly recommend.

Absolutely Amazing Show, Genius

Author: Strickland_13 from Canada
26 October 2012

Call me Fitz has been successful in pleasing me in every episode. I found the first couple episodes to be mildly slow, but very humorous. The real treat starts when you start to get to know the characters and how they act, the directors and the actors themselves do an amazing job in character development.

I'm currently following the 3rd season, and I can say without a reasonable doubt, that it is by far the best season yet. I can't wait for season 4! |

Check the show out! Crude adult humour! Genuine!

Dan

Awesome comedy and tragedy in one!

Author: mindsclay from United States
17 October 2012

This is SO a comedy. How could someone not see that? The obnoxious Fitz, the shadowing conscience Larry, and the vixen Ali are the catalyst of an awesome comedy chemistry. Mix in the villainous Indian brothers, the too-much-like-Fitz father, the psychotic sister and the confused mother-to-be and you have a humorous dynamic that is hard to stop.

I would like to see it get more philosophical though. I mean there is a level of philosophy in the show already, but I am a hardcore for that sort of thing. I can't tell much more without being a spoiler. :) But the tragedy part is in the philosophy.

I hope this show stays on for a while, at least until the actors can't get to work without a wheelchair. Hey, this show makes me laugh, it helps raise my spirit. That has to be comedy, right?

Keep going with the show!

Fantastic

Author: leepappas from Canada
30 December 2010

Wonderful show! Great writing and love it!!! Larry is a bit annoying yet hopefully he dies soon. Jason plays a great role and the profanity is perfect. Nothing less than masterpiece in my mind. I hope it runs for a while as I hope it works out for everyone. Not enough skin in the show if any yet what do you expect. keep up the great work Jason. What more can I say I love the receptionist and Fitz ring a ding ding is great. Love the old school lines and all the other one liners. Larry's names by Fitz are classic and he deserves everything he gets from Fitz. The other guys across the street are hilarious. How much tail can Fitz get who knows yet I wish I could get a fraction of it ha ha ha ha...

Ring a Ding Ding meat hole

Author: Peter Black
18 December 2013

I don't enjoy most shows and when I get around to watching them, I'll binge it out over two or three days, get real dirty with it, show the show I'm not Fking around.

I like my shows like I like my scotch--shut the Fk up, Larry. There is nothing quite like turning on a show, sitting back, spreading your legs, resting your head and just letting it happen.

In all seriousness, 'Call me Fitz' is an original type of show. The stories can get a littler preposterous and maybe the characters play into themselves far too much. I like cursing. I like sex. I like this show.

It's definitely not the type to watch with your girlfriend or family, unless they are into those before mentioned activities. It is in many ways cathartic, seeing a character act as Fitz and reap his punishment or pleasure.

Call Me Fitz Is The Cat's Ass!

Author: Wendy Whalen from Nova Scotia, Canada
20 November 2010

This has to be one of the best written,best acted,best produced and best directed shows on TV today!Chock full of raunchy adult humor,over-the-top,and offbeat characters.A totally unique show concept!I can't get enough of the handsome,ultra-talented Jason Priestley as the morally-challenged Fitz,played against the amazing Ernie Grunwald his "do right", out-of-body-conscience,Larry.The whole show is smartly written,brilliantly acted and a joy to watch! I am also proud to say that the Fitzgerald Car Sales Lot is located near my home and my brother-in-law,Geof,had the awesome opportunity to "strut his stuff" on the dance floor as an extra in Episode 6. I met Jason a few years back while he was in Chester filming a movie.He came to Lunenburg to do an interview on Good Morning America,which was doing a live show there,and I was privileged to be his umbrella holder during his interview with,then host,Joan Lunden,as it was pouring rain LOL "Call Me Fitz"is the cats' ass! Can't wait for the next episode!

This isn't a comedy

Author: blevins-j from United States
31 August 2011

This just isn't funny. I watched the first two episodes and I must say they were bordering on painful. It's just dull. The characters are for the most part vanilla.....Canadian vanilla. The exception being Jason Priestly but even with Priestly pulling out all the stops, the humor still falls flat.

I can't really say where it went wrong, other than the concept itself is pretty weak. A morally bankrupt used car salesman gets involved in an accident and for some reason his conscience manifests itself in physical form and helps him attempt to become a better person through a series of misadventures and foibles.

For his conscience to actually project itself in the physical world as a separate entity is just stupid. It might work if it were an internal struggle with Priestly playing both sleazy and conscientious roles. As it is, it's not really even a good time waster.