IMDb > "Funny or Die Presents..." (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Funny or Die Presents..." More at IMDbPro »

Three episodes, not one proper laugh

Author: Board from Denmark
18 June 2010

I was so "unfortunate" to make subtitles for three episodes (episodes #5, 6 and 7) of this show, and it didn't produce one proper laugh. The quality of the sketches ranged from mediocre to terrible. Some of their ideas seemed okay, but then failed when performed. The worst being a sketch about a musical called "1000 cats", which took up 15 MINUTES of the 24 minute duration. That particular actor probably had some secret love for musicals, which he here had the chance to express. Besides being terrible, the worst part was that he couldn't sing and hear him sing lame stuff like "I'm chilling on cloud nine, I'm cat number nine" for 15 minutes was almost unbearable.

If you like funnyordie then prepare to laugh.

Author: luciferDOG from Toronto
23 February 2010

I was lucky enough to catch this on TV while my friends and I were playing a game of poker. The clips that were shown were absolutely hilarious....and some even graphic. but that's what i love about funny or die!!! Many of my pal's were shocked at what was going on in the show (racy jokes, bloody violence, etc)....but that's because they're not really familiar with Will Ferrel's website - funny or die. Funny or die presents was hilarious.... and Rob Riggle was probably my favorite out of the bunch of actors they had in the first episode. So, if you like Funnyordie or Will Ferrel, or Judd Apatow...........Then watch this!

It's a mixed bad of amusement and awfulness.

Author: bramb600 from Canada
25 February 2010

Funny or Die Presents is the new comedy series from HBO, which would basically be the same type of content you would see on Funny or Die. Since it doesn't allow you to rate the segments on TV, it's a mixed bag of some funny sketches, as well as some that are just plain awful.

Will Ferrell launched his popular comedy video website in 2007. In that short time, it's already been producing some of the funniest videos on the internet, that is when it's funny. That is only half of Funny or Die.

There is a certain process to Funny or Die. After watching the video, viewers have the option of giving it a good rating (Funny) or a bad rating (Die) and there is a meter displaying the percentage of people who rated it Funny. It's just like Rotten Tomatoes, but with comedy sketches. The website of course has more Die than Funny, but you don't have to watch them.

I really like how the show is set up like a half-hour television network with 2-5 minute programs, like SCTV has done in the past. The show has some great retro credits and the Steve Tom is very funny when he introduces the segments.

Does any of this sound funny to you?

Drunk History: A drunk person (Jen Kirkman) retells a notable event in history, Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation, with celebrities mouthing her words. Lincoln (Will Ferrell), Frederick Douglass (Don Cheadle) and Mary Todd Lincoln (Zooey Deschanel) were part of the reenactment. This could be interesting for them to get big names to be part of this. I would even say that it was mildly amusing, but it went on for far too long. I might not have sat through the whole thing on the site so.....low Funny.

Safety Saw: A mock infomercial shows a new safety feature on a power saw. As long as a hamster in a wheel keeps moving, the saw will stop as soon as it makes contact. He demonstrates using a hot dog, followed by his penis. I think you can see where this goes. It's disgusting and not funny at all. Die!

Designated Driver: A sober man (Paul Scheer) picks up his drunk friend (Rob Riggle) from a bar; chaos ensues. If only for how crazy Rob Riggle acts in this, it's the best of the episode. Funny!

Space Baby: Baby in space. Baby has to save Fred Willard. WTF!!! This sketch felt like filler and a colossal waste of Fred Willard's comedic abilities. Die! Die! Die!

Overall, it's a very low-brow show and there's a chance that it could get very funny over the next 11 episodes. If you enjoy a movie like Step Brothers, I guarantee you will get something out of this.