IMDb > "Rizzoli & Isles" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Rizzoli & Isles"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Rizzoli & Isles" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

It's Chemistry

Author: killer1h from United States
17 August 2010

When I first started watching this show I thought it was going to be just another cop drama like the other 500 on TV but no somewhere amidst pile of scripts that is good drama they found one that shines above the rest.

This is a cop drama that doesn't follow the typical cliché as in establish good guys here, insert bad guys there, make snitch talk, show ends. Finally someone realized that its much more interesting to make 2 interesting characters and give them lives around which their job revolves and not the other way around. Rizzoli is a headstrong cop whose Italian upbringing shows through, this is the type of woman you can see growing up with 3 brothers and kicking their ass around the house the whole time. Isles on the other hand is a socialite more of a impressed by the complexity of the world and enjoying every second of the mystery around it. Together it's brains and brawn with just a nice dash of sexy, and the back and forth is right on point to keep pace.

Conclusion, this is the show to watch if you want to see 2 women kick some serious criminal ass with intellect to boot!

Awesome!!

Author: mamahen18 from United States
13 July 2010

As a female lawyer who truly loves the law and everything that has to do with crime and punishment and as a self-proclaimed connoisseur of crime TV, I must write my first review and express how overjoyed I am with this show! I'm already anxious to buy the show on DVD, and I've only seen one episode. If the rest of this season is anything compared to the first episode I know that I can look forward to many more seasons. Rizzoli (Harmon) is believable as the tough girl who honors the law (yet is able to maintain her incredible sexiness at the same time.) And Isles (Sasha) is the fashionista who crazily enough loves her often disgusting job as the medical examiner. (She also brings a lot of the subtle humor with her character's attitude.) I identified with both main characters, found there was enough excitement to keep my attention throughout the entire episode(and enough humor...but not too much) and was left with heightened anticipation until next week.

This one is catching on with me...

Author: Zen416 from United States
20 July 2010

The previews that TNT used initially weren't overly interesting and some of the critics gave this new show mediocre ratings. That being said, I'm glad I chose to ignore the critics (as usual) and give this new cop drama a shot. Glad I did. It rolls right along with well written story lines and nice touches of humor here and there to lighten up what could be a very dark premise. I can't rave enough about the casting of Angie Harmon as the tough-talking but occasionally insecure police detective Jane Rizzoli, who's driving ambition and outer roughness bely a compassionate individual who's trying to do the right thing, no matter what. Sasha Alexander is a wonderful breath of fresh air as Maura Isles, the science and medicine half of this dynamic duo. She plays Isles with just the right amount of nerdy quirkiness to make the character endearing and brilliant, without crossing over into annoying know-it-all territory. What makes this work is the great chemistry between the two female leads, who come across as believable in their roles without sacrificing appearances too much. You could actually picture Harmon as a cop because she conveys it so well. The supporting cast is wonderful as well and it's awesome to see the uber talented Donnie Wahlberg back in front of cameras where he belongs. No offense to his New Kids On The Block gig but, the man is a decent actor and should definitely keep working that particular side of his talent. This is a great new show and so far, the stories move with a quick, satisfying clip to them so boredom is not an issue. TNT usually blows away most of the big networks with their choice of programming and "Rizzoli and Isles" is no exception to that rule. Give it a look-see for a couple of episodes; it's worth it.

Absolutely positively outstanding!!

Author: Swan-123 from United States
19 July 2010

After watching the first episode of Rizzoli & Isles I was more than satisfied .. I've wanted to see Sasha Alexander and Angie Harmon back on my t.v screen ever since Sasha left N.C.I.S and Women's Murder Club got canceled. Sasha is supposed to act the way she acts in the t.v show it is in no way bad acting she's supposed to be a bid like Brennan from Bones who's a bit detached from her emotions to say the least. People are comparing Rizzoli & Isles to Bones and it's because they have a lot in common though Rizzoli & Isles had a much better first episode than Bones did and just because this show isn't one of HBO's productions and doesn't have people fornicating on every corner doesn't make it bad. It's just something you can watch with your kids or maybe even brother or sister without feeling awkward because of what's happening on the screen and actually enjoying a show. I definitely recommend this.

Strong women, great banter

Author: kcoregon from United States
24 July 2010

When I first heard of the new show with both Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander, 1) I was thrilled to see Sasha back on TV and 2) I was worried that Angie Harmon's new character would be like Lindsay Boxer (Women's Murder Club) which bored the crap out of me.

I found the banter between Rizzoli and Isles was quite refreshing. And being a woman myself, I can see that kind of fun, brash, candid talk happening. Both women are strong characters which I love! The chemistry between the two is so obvious it's wonderful.

I loved Sasha in NCIS, but she was shadowed by the men on the show. I LOVE NCIS! But Sasha needed her own and now she's got it along with Angie, this show is strong and stays true to the books. If you don't like strong headed women, you might now like this show.

Hooray for Tess!!!!

Funny, Sexy, Smart

Author: rejavanation from United States
1 September 2010

Being a fan of NCIS I was disappointed at the departure of Sasha Alexander and I hoped that she would appear in another television series doing something she really enjoys. But I was never a fan of Angie Harmon and she was my least favorite Assistant D.A. on Law and Order. It was hard for me to imagine Angie Harmon playing a tough, tomboyish Boston detective. Actually, I was thinking before the show aired that the roles should have been reversed. I could buy Sasha Alexander being the tough cop more than I could Angie Harmon.

However, I am happy to admit I am wrong. Angie Harmon shines in Rizzoli and Isles and it is apparent from their chemistry that they are both having a great time doing a project they are completely committed to. The dialog between the two of them is so funny and entertaining especially when Maura goes on a tangent and provides useless facts with such sincerity and genuine intent to educate.

The dynamic between them was cemented in the episode, Money for Nothing, when the working class girl and the débutante had to decide if they were going to have each other's backs.

I hope the murders become more interesting and the cases more complex. The show has a wonderful supporting cast-- the cop that gets queasy at the sight of blood, and the hard nosed cop that has a soft spot for furry creatures. Very funny stuff.

Rizzoli and Isles is becoming my favorite show.

Rizzoli and Isles, not your average cop show

Author: Julianne McFey
20 September 2010

I have never been a big fan of "cop shows," however when I saw the promos for this show I decided I had to at least give it a chance. As a lady, I like to see women being strong and respected, and Rizzoli and Isles provides two women who are respected in their fields. Rizzoli (Harmon) is impressive and spot-on with her tough girl,take nothing' from no one, attitude. Isles (Alexander) is genius and sincere. The duo provides both a kick-butt team two best friends trying to live their lives. The characters are totally relatable, which is perhaps how I got pulled into being a fan. Harmon and Alexander make an amazing team and the chemistry and timing is there. I just couldn't see this show working with any other female leads. The supporting cast is excellent as well. I'm telling you, tune in. If you, like me, usually pass on these types of shows,give this one a chance. It just might surprise you. I'm pretty stoked about next season.

Cagney and Lacey?

Author: vicountess from United States
1 August 2010

Anybody out there old enough to remember them? I haven't seen another cop show with two women since then that I can recall. Maybe all you youngsters out there don't remember a time when having a lead role was a big deal for women. But since Sharon Gless and Tyne Daly, have there been any other strong female leads paired up together? Lots of male/female pairings,sure, but two women? I can't think of any off the top of my head, and believe me, I watch a lot of TV. I like the idea that both of these characters are women who work hard, are competent at what they do, have a sense of humor, love their families, and have a strong sense of ethics. I also like that the series is based on a book series written by a woman. Women's voices and faces need to be heard and seen in Hollywood in all kinds of roles. Don't forget that in the 70's women were still fighting for the right to be treated equally, and that Cagney and Lacey served as role models. Hopefully Rizzoli and Isles can do the same.

A good crime cop drama of opposites attract in partners terms yet it blends to be good chemistry!

Author: Danny Blankenship from Petersburg, Virginia
17 September 2010

TNT has done it again they have once again produced another hit series as they have good luck with crime dramas. This one set in Boston "Rizzoli and Isles" involves the cases of crime and murder in Boston and you have daylight and dark working together on the cases. First enter the tough and by the book seasoned detective Jane Rizzoli(played wonderful by the sexy and exotic beauty Angie Harmon)as Jane always questions the clues and evidence found at the scene, and to make matters more interesting is the educated and witty crime scene medical examiner Dr. Maura Isles(Sasha Alexander)who looks inside the dead bodies for more answers. And both differ on opinions and ways of solving cases still the work ethic and chemistry blends well to form a good crime fighting solving team. Typically the cases they crack are gruesome and cold blooded murders the kind of cases you've seen on TV involving lust killers and serial murders. Usually always in the end the hard work leads to twist and turns with the bad guy being caught.

Good supporting turns are given from Bruce McGill as a supervising detective Vince Korsak and veteran Lorraine Bracco as Jane's overprotected and loving mom Angela. Overall this is a good crime drama series that entertains and it makes you think as most of the gruesome cases take twist then they are solved. And plus it's a nice treat to see the beautiful Angie Harmon at work again especially in a lead role. So check out "Rizzoli and Isles" if you haven't.

cheezy

Author: primacag-219-477782 from United States
24 December 2011

The two leads are much better than the writing they are given. They are really wasted in this what appears to be low low low budget attempt to do faux Dashiel Hammet. The writing is only bare bones, with the fewest dialog lines possible, and lots of meaningful camera angles, so you actually have to watch sometimes, and the characterization and continuity is very simplistic. The plots are pure cheese, and sometimes look like they are from social issues of more than 30 years ago rather than today, but there is an occasional real belly laugh. This isn't the Maltese Falcon.... but its entertaining enough, so if its late at night and you need something to put you to sleep give it a try.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]