IMDb > "Castle" Sucker Punch (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Castle" Sucker Punch (2010)

« Prev | 23 of 173 Episodes | Next »

Finally, Beckett is open to finding the culprit behind her mother's killer.

Author: Elizabeth from Chicago
23 January 2010

So here we are thinking it's just going to be another case solver, with Beckett and Castle joking around, having fun, then there is the 'wake up call' of Beckett's Mother's unsolved case. What are we going to do now? This plot was well executed. There were parts of the episode I lost track of; like how Beckett's mother died and the entire situation circling her mother, since the writers took so long to finally tackle it, but I got back on track soon enough.

I did not expect Beckett's mom to be brought up anytime soon, which the writers were probably gunning for; that need for suspense and curiosity. The guy behind the murder was a dead end, literally. He actually didn't seem as much of a threat, probably until he pulled Castle into a corner, forcing Beckett to choose and the dilemma would have you on the tip of your toes. I mean I didn't even care about the case before hand - did they even solve it? I admire Castle's connection with Beckett, it probably killed Beckett more seeing the man die with the information of her mother's premeditated murderer. Who would really go through the trouble to hire someone to kill Beckett's mother? Why would the hit-man show up now, do the writers have something planned for the viewers? I'm interested, if that's what they were trying to accomplish. Back on the topic of Castle and Beckett, I was wondering how Beckett would deal with Castle and I am glad she didn't send him away, or blow a fuse. She handled everything with a level of responsibility, which makes me realize that she may even love Castle a little.

I really believed that Castle was going to resign, so I'm glad she convinced him to stay by telling him he was fun, and it is fun watching them together. It has been weeks now, but the opening theme for the show is very unique and I think I'm beginning to learn it word for word. My favorite part would be Beckett "You do remind me a little of Hooch". The both of them have such great on screen chemistry and I wouldn't mind seeing them through for another two seasons and more...

'Sucker Punch' well Beckett did get hit hard in the gut, when she couldn't fully salvage the truth behind her mother's killers. Let's just hope Beckett finds what she is looking for.

Lexa Reviews

___________

Four Stars

Grade B+

___________

Castle and Beckett and the invisible assassin

Author: JamMovieReviews from United States
25 January 2010

"And if you tell anyone what I'm about to say, there's gonna be another shooting, but… I've gotten used to you pulling my pigtails. I have a hard job Castle and having you around makes it a little more fun. " Detective Beckett (Stana Katic) to Castle (Nathan Fillion) Castle Season Two Episode 13 – Sucker Punch: Air date January 18, 2010 After getting a chance to see the soft side of Castle's past last week, this week we get to see a glimpse into the sensitive side of Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic) as the case her team is working has ties to her mother's death. The emotions for Beckett ran the gamut from the desire to investigate her mother's death to the abject fear of failure if she chose to do so, and Castle has to play the strong one this episode in order to help Beckett get what she truly wants: a small piece of closure.

The investigation into the death of an Irish mobster brings Beckett and Castle spinning into a web of deceit involving the Irish mob, brotherly love, the FBI, Asian infomercials, heroin smuggling, and an unknown assassin. During this case, we find Beckett visiting Castle at home to get support from him and his family as she steels herself to get into something she's afraid of failing, and Castle promises whatever she wants to do, he will support her every step of the way. It is lucky that he does, because he plays a large part in the demise of her mother's assassin, though he feels like he failed her by causing the assassin's death. This is when we truly see the bond that our favorite odd detective couple shares as she tells him she would have had nothing here without him, and he keeps her going when times are rough. Romance? Not yet, but there is a true kinship these two share.

It's interesting to see that Castle's betrayal of Beckett's confidence previously (by investigating her mother's case) puts Lanie (Tamala Jones) in a hard place as the medical examiner, having shared her findings with Dr. Clark Murray (Robert Picardo), Castle's previous medical source. The two of them had determined that the wounds matched the case that Castle had shown them before, and though Beckett's first instinct was that she had been betrayed again, she realizes she has friends looking out for her. It is a further building block in the interpersonal relationships in this show.

The killer Rathborne almost slips from their fingers through a classic bit of misdirection until our dynamic duo realize the killer knew Beckett's mother had been killed.

May the CASTLE stand strong!

Jam Movie Reviews