IMDb > "The Office" Scott's Tots (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Office" Scott's Tots (2009)

« Prev | 103 of 188 Episodes | Next »

Call It An Opportunity To Egg Your Face

Author: getyourdander from United States
22 April 2010

I happened to see this episode on an airline flight. It is a pretty good episode. Just imagine the young ambitious executive wanting to do something he could be proud on, banking on his future success, visiting a third grade class & promising them 10 years hence free college. That is what Michael did. It even gets published in the newspaper.

Now it is 10 years later. Michael hasn't made the millions he thought he would. The class remembers his promise & calls him back too meet the high school Seniors counting on him to send them to college. Top that off with college costs doubling the last 9 years. What to do? Michael is the guest of honor at an Assembly where he is lavished with presentations by the class. Then, after being brought too tears by some of the kids he promised to help, he has to get up & tell them he is a little short. I thought this was done very well.

In a sub-plot, back at the office, there is a new Employee of the Month program which gets off to a rocky start when some extra unplanned twists are put in - like an obscure rating system that appears to be rigged- & one of the employees going around collecting cash into a pool for the winner which was not intended. Then everyone except the winner seem to be unhappy with the winner.

I have not seen a lot of episodes of The Office but I found this one to be pretty good & creative as well as funny.