I wouldn't have thought you could successfully put a scalpel to something moving at that speed

Author: abgkasjlkasjla from Denmark
19 March 2012

This is the shorter of the two documentaries on the Extended Cut DVD of Death Race, coming in at 8 minutes(and there's no credits). It consists of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. No, as far as I can tell, next to no clips of the product itself... mind you, that doesn't mean that it doesn't spoil an element that is not evident until near the end of it, so I'd watch this after, and not before, the flick itself. Everyone here has something to say - Paul admits that there is tons of CG in his films... and here I thought he was devoid of self-awareness. and Martinez wants to show us her battle scars, although no matter how many times I view that portion, I keep being distracted by something I can't quite put my finger on... though I sure would like to. We don't get a ton of explanation about how the stunts actually work and why they did this or that to make sure it works, but they do let you know that they did it all for real(in spite of occasionally showing us the green-screen stage). Ah, and it ends with explosions, immediately preceded by Statham giving the picture his hearty endorsement... you know, the one he's starring in... and yes, the same Jason who, in all previous instances, has shown to have impeccable taste and personal judgment. You know, not counting In the Name of the King, and those several other pieces of crap he's starred in. In the end, this comes off as a fluff piece, promotional before informational. And you do have to wonder why they chose that title. I recommend this solely to those who want to get pumped up for the movie. 6/10