WCW/NWO Uncensored (1998) Poster

Attendance 7,475

Your commentators are Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan & Mike Tenay

Television Title

Booker T (C) Vs Eddie Guerrero

Booker retains after a missile dropkick. This was a solid little match to open the show. It was exciting and both worked really hard. I enjoyed it tremendously. Eddie loses nothing in defeat. Eddie attacks Chavo after the match for smiling.

*** out of 5

Konnan Vs Juventud Guerrera

Really hoping for a Juventud win here, since Konnan sucks balls...but I doubt Juvi wins. HOLY CRAP! Juventud actually won, clean. That's awesome. I haven't seen this since I was a little s*** , so...I don't remember it that well. They told a good story and Juvi's win was epic, I just felt it dragged at points because of Konnan's overrated offense.

**1/2 out of 5

J.J Dillon says the Powerbomb is legal for tonight's match with The Giant Vs Kevin Nash.

Cruiserweight Title

Chris Jericho (C) Vs Dean Malenko

Jericho wins with The Lion Tamer. This was a really good match! Fantastic storytelling, great excitement, and just two awesome performances from two pros that know how to wrestle with the best of them. Jericho was on fire and deserved a FAR bigger push.

***1/2 out of 5

Gene Okerlund acts like a complete asswipe and calls Dean Malenko a bonafide loser. Malenko says he's going home. Okerlund was very hard to like in WCW. Not entirely his fault. But he was far better in the WWF.

Scott Steiner Vs Lex Luger

Scottie was just starting his "Big Papa Pump" phase at this juncture. Luger wins after Scott is distracted by Rick. Luger pins him with a simple blow to the head. Normally, I'd care about Scottie losing momentum, but he's a jerk, so it's whatever. Mediocre match

*1/2 out of 5

United States Championship (Triple Threat)

Diamond Dallas Page (C) Vs Raven Vs Chris Benoit

DDP wins with a diamond cutter off the top, through a table (!) This, ladies and gents, is what you call a show stealer. This was an epic match on all levels. It had great psychology, lots of hardcore action, non-stop excitement, wonderful storytelling. These 3 busted their asses and it showed. Officially, one of my favorite matches. Kudos to all 3

****1/2 out of 5

Kevin Nash Vs The Giant

The Giant has the match won until the nWo interferes, but The Giant cleans house. This was pretty terrible stuff, as to be expected. Nash is a good storyteller when motivated, as is The Giant, but neither delivered their best here.

* out of 5

Bret Hart Vs Curt Hennig (W/Ravishing Rick Rude)

Bret wins with The Sharpshooter. Hennig and Rude do a number on Bret after the match. Well, this was rather disappointing. It picked up near the end, but it was too little, too late. It just felt uninspired and heatless.

**1/2 out of 5

World Heavyweight Championship

Sting (C) Vs Scott Hall (W/Dusty Rhodes)

Sting has the CM Punk syndrome. He's the champion, but can't main event.

Sting wins with the Scorpion Death Drop. Despite being presented as such, Hall never felt like a genuine threat. I didn't feel any emotional investment in this match what so ever. Certainly watchable, but nothing great.

** out of 5

Steel Cage Match

'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan Vs 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

The match doesn't really have a proper ending. The Disciple comes down to outnumber Savage. Sting comes down from the rafters to aid Savage. Savage inexplicably turns on Sting. He spits at Hogan and says he hates him. Hogan says Savage works for him. This was a pretty basic cage match. Bloody, but nothing out of the ordinary except Savage jumping off the top of a cage. The ending is extremely confusing. Puts Savage over as a loose cannon that does what he wants, when he wants, I guess.

*1/2 out of 5

I gotta give this a thumbs up. Yes, it has its issues, but it's an entertaining PPV overall. Ignore the Savage/Hogan nonsense and enjoy the show.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
PPV, where world title match was not the main event. Thanks, Hogan.
amanwhorocks1 June 2014
1. WCW World Television Title Match: Eddie Guerrero Vs. Champ-Booker T. - Booker T. retained if ya 'knou wad I mean. 7.5/10

2. Konnan Vs. Juventud Guerrera - Oh no, Konnan on PPV :/ He almost crippled Juvi because of his stiffness. He should give back his wrestling degree. Only for Juventud's victory i gave: 7/10

Idiotic thing with banned Powerbomb . JJ Insult permitted it for tonight for Nash. WHY THAT THING EVEN EXISTED? Totally stupid booking, everybody can't perform it except Nash and it was banned because of him. .... Nobody took that seriously, stupid angle.

3. WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: Dean Malenko Vs. Champ-Chris Jericho - Another clean victory for heel Jericho. That's the way we like it! 10/10 Unbelievably insulting Gene Okerlund talking thrash on Malenko -5/10

4. Scott Steiner Vs. Lex Luger - Wow, I'm shocked Scott Steiner laid for somebody. Match was short +1 point. 7/10

5. WCW U.S. Heavyweight Title Match: Raven Vs. Champ-Diamond Dallas Page Vs. Chris Benoit - Perfect match, I like them brawling outside ring. Double Jawbreaker, and triple German suplex! Diamond Cutter on the Table was Cake's cherry 10/10

6. Kevin Nash Vs. Giant - This was one of the saddest feud in WCW, Giant never get his Revenge on Nash. Because Kevin "Im big sexy but terrible wrestler" Nash never did a job! Superdi*k. Another DQ by NWO. 2/10

7. Curt Hennig Vs. Bret Hart - Hit-man cleanly won, which deserve punishment from Hennig and Rude 7.5/10

8. WCW World Heavyweight Title Match: Scot Hall Vs. Champ-Sting - And another clean victory, in a title match!! Unusual for WCW. I Love Sting in 1998. 9/10

9. Cage Match: Hulk Hogan Vs. Macho Man Randy Savage - Choking, punching, basic brawling, boring... 5/10
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this