IMDb > Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Paranormal Activity 2

Paranormal Activity 2 More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 36: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

Amazing

Author: combatgamer from United States
12 August 2012

I would like to start by saying that these series of movies require a very specific mindset, atmosphere, and audio system to maximize the experience. This is not a review, it is meant to give you, the viewer, and idea as to how to enjoy this movie. So many gave it low starts because, frankly, they just don't get it. I also believe the major problem is many watched it in theaters. This type of movie will not work in those environments. They will not work because there are other people who will probably scream or make noise and it will be a distraction. You really need to be alone, because you cannot be embarrassed to be scared. You need to get sucked into the terror. To best enjoy this movie, you must watch it alone, at midnight, no lights on, big TV, no external noise(dead silent house)and a very powerful 5.1 audio system with a sub woofer.

Okay, this part is important in my opinion. You need to have an imagination, you are not going to be SHOWN visual terror like generic horror movies like Saw. Those movies "scare" you by showing you scary environments or events. And honestly, those movies aren't SCARY, they are just intense and thrilling.

This movie is meant to SCARE you. It requires a certain type of person to really enjoy it. Why? Because you need to have an imagination. You will not be shown something you are supposed to interpret as scary. It is more implied, that something may be lurking. You need to have experienced this yourself in real life to really understand it. Have you ever heard a noise in the middle of the night? Did it send shivers down your spine? Did it freak you out to think someone might be in the house. In fact, while you lay in your bed, they might be in a shadow staring at you.. This is the type of emotion this movie is supposed to give you. It is not a cheap thrill, it meant to tap into that fear and maximize it. If you have never experienced any of those feelings before, then don't bother with the movie as you will not understand and will be left wondering why anyone would watch something so boring.

Anyways, for me, this movie freaked me the hell out. I don't believe in ghosts per se, but this sort of thing gives me shivers down my spine. I don't know why, but it just does. I literally had tears in my eyes at some points while breathing heavily, I was that freaked. This movie requires that you have a sub woofer(a real one, at least 10 inches). Their is an ominous low frequency rumble starts to appear when something is to happen. It is meant to build suspense and get your heart rate going as you wonder whats going to happen. So if your watching this on your TV, with no sound system, again don't bother. Its is completely mandatory.

In summary. This movie is not for everybody. You need to have felt that shiver in your spine at night to really understand what this movie is about. You must watch it alone, midnight, silent house, NO distractions or lights, with a big TV and powerful sound system.

I gave this a 10 because it really did its job in freaking me out.

Anyways,

A less creepy co-quel

Author: Jim Gilligan from Lafayette, IN
27 November 2011

Definitely not a sequel in the conventional sense of the term and not quite a prequel either (since not all of the action in this film takes place before the action in "Paranormal Activity"), "Paranormal Activity 2" is kind of a co-quel to the original. The story here focuses on Kristi and Daniel, a married couple who with a newborn baby, Hunter, and Daniel's daughter from another marriage, Ali. The link between this film and the first does not become apparent until Kristi's sister Katie and her husband Micah (the main characters from the first film) arrive for a visit. When Micah first appears, a graphic on the screen informs us that we are seeing him 60 days before his death—and the puzzle pieces begin coming together. Since there's a small child and a dog involved in this story, the terror potential is a bit higher than it was in the first film, but it seems to take an unbearably long time (and a seemingly infinite number of surveillance camera shots—of the same household scenes) before anything happens. The home video/documentary style narrative still works and affords us just enough information to co-construct the narrative, but this film delivers fewer spine-tingling and genuinely creepy moments than the original. When the action does happen, it is abrupt. And even though this film fills in some of the gaps in the original narrative by providing some additional information about the demonic power that's terrorizing Katie and Kristi and their families, it also ends with a scene that appends some information to the conclusion of the original and ultimately points the way to the third film in the series. Despite some inevitable disappointment, fans of the original will probably enjoy this one as well—but not as much.

Boring piece of schlock

Author: wazgriffin from United States
30 October 2011

This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen(and Yes, I watched the whole crappy thing and have been watching movies for 50 years). Nothing happens for the first 75 minutes. We watch an hour of surveillance video. We watch the scenes looking, hoping for something, anything to happen or even MOVE. Just move. The pool, the family room, the foyer, the nursery. The pool, the family room, the foyer, the nursery. The pool, the family room, the foyer, the nursery. Oh. look the dog got up. The male lead is not an actor. That is to say he does not know how to act. The women actors are OK but they don't have a script worth reading much less acting. If you watch this trash on DVD jump to the last chapter and you will see ALL of the action in this cheap, inferior, awful video (can't call it a movie).

holly crap what a chity movie.

Author: dacifu from Canada
2 October 2011

I think that some people who gets scared by this movie might be too sensitive or fearful to pretty much anything out there. Seriously, like the first one this is pure garbage halfway into the film and I was wondering why everybody call this film scary at all. 45 minutes into the film and nothing happened. There was one scene that lasted about 5 minutes and it was nothing but a shot of this retarded couple sleeping through the night and the only thing that happened during the night was that the bedroom door moved about 5 inch. That freak you out people? This movie is pure garbage. For real...I turned it off close to an hour into the movie. I rather watch wedding videos of people I don't even know. The only scary thing about this movie is that they actually have a third one and most likely a bunch of mentally handicap people will soiled themselves over a freaking curtain moving back and forth....and they wont shut up about how scary this it. Save yourself the time and do not watch this.

This movie really pi**ed me off!

Author: atinder from United Kingdom
17 August 2011

When I first saw the trailer for this movie last year, I could believe not two scenes really shocked me in trailer and made me go WOW, I need to see this movie.

This movies happens months before for the first movie before it the demons went to Katie, it was first at her sister house.

Strange things start to happen in the house, toys moving by them selves in middle of night and pool cleaner coming out of pool every night.

There was one scenes that did make me jump as I did not see that coming and other stuff that was happening, I just found it really silly, it did not have the same effect like the first one.

I was really looking forward to see those two scenes that made me go WOW , I need TO see this movie , those scene I wanted to see in the cinema, they were NOT! even in the bloody movie. I was total Pi**ed of with this movie, everyone around me was laughing there heads off.

I know one of the scenes that was in the trailer is on DVD but what about scene (If you look back at the trailer you see) about Hunter is sleeping and then something then stand him up in the trailer, (That one of scenes that really shocked in trailer) Were the HELL is that scene now? , I did not see in the cinema and I know it not on DVD!

Wow put the BEEPING Trailer

2 out of 10

The second worst movie in the world

Author: deatman9 from Canada
23 July 2011

This gets my second worst movie award. The gold medal for worst of course goes to number one of this. This is supposed to be a prequel to the first one which is absolutely ridiculous because apparently every house that this person around is haunted (stupid i know).

This movie takes place in the sisters house of the girl in the first one. Of course her house is haunted too for some odd reason not worth explaining apparently. Then of course once again they film some more people sleeping and then some loud noises and some screaming.

This is slightly better then the first id prolly give the first .5/10 and this one .8/10 sooo slightly better but still please don't waste your time. Much like the first one unless you like boring movies that wont make you laugh cry or feel anything then this might be for you. STOP MAKING THESE TRAVESTIES!!

Dire, dire, dire..

Author: hatsubob from Japan
19 July 2011

After just having spent the last 90 or so minutes watching this on DVD... I'm frankly lost for words... which isn't great when I'm trying to review a movie.(or should that be trying to warn other people to avoid this movie like the plague) OK, so I didn't like the first one, which was in my opinion, hyped up to the point that you couldn't not be disappointed when actually watching the movie.

In any case this one was predictable, boring and most importantly not in the least bit scary.

Predictable, the dogs the first one to kick the bucket, how many times have I seen this in "horror" movies.

Boring, (note to anyone involved in the production of this movie)watching nothing happen on video cameras for about 80% of the movie doesn't make for an interesting movie!! And not in the least bit scary, even my wife was yawning through the supposedly scary scenes.(and she scares easily) OK, anyone thinking about watching this movie, you have been warned, its a stinker, worse than that it's a ripoff. Look at the budget for this movie on IMDb, about 3 million dollars to make, then it took 80 million at the theaters... Hollywood, what a disgrace! One last point, when the man gets his neck broken, who'd have guessed it takes so little effort to break someones neck.. :(

Lawsuit should happen here! This is a joke of a home video stealing money from the public!

Author: ariana0131 from Utah
12 July 2011

It is truly PATHETIC how Blockbuster could actually carry this movie and actually help the jerks who created this pile of crap become rich off of the stupidity of others! This is nothing but a really stupid Boring home video (yes every single creep in American who wants to make money off of others stupidity can create your own with your own super old camcorder)!I would rather watch my ex husbands boring elk home videos rather then this boring family! My nine year old could have had a much better imagination with his camcorder!

No one wants to see your stupid dog, stupid baby, stupid kids, this is so infuriating to me, that this even made redbox or blockbuster!!!

Remember that stupid lawsuit against McDonalds for them actually making their coffee hot?? well someone needs to sue Blockbuster and every person involved in scamming the American public with this home video crap!!!

I really tried to watch it..

Author: Insaneuno
2 July 2011

After watching the first movie I figured the 2nd couldn't be much worse. I was wrong. With all the hype in the commercials I thought this movie would be terrifying, but this movie is the same as the first. It's just a bunch of noises in the night and all shot with cameras watching them sleep or a character holding a camera. After watching this movie for 45min I thought I had been sitting there for three hours. I actually turned it off. Unless you actually liked the first movie do not watch this! It is not scary and everything seems drawn out to a point that I was trying to find something to entertain me. It was a waste of time and I wish I hadn't tried to watch it.

The Invisible Killer

Author: paulnm96 from Ireland
27 May 2011

'Paranormal Activity 2' describes how the curse of the demon passes onto Katie for 'Paranormal Activity'.

This story follows Kristi (Sprague Grayden) and Daniel Rey (Brian Boland) and how a demon tortures them. The opening scene is dull and describes the family it is also similar to the original. The next scene shows the whole house ruined except Hunter's (Kristi & Daniel's son) room. So the family put cameras all around the house.

Kristi & Ali (Molly Ephraim)(Daniel's teenage daughter) get freaked out by invisible movements but Daniel dismisses them, saying it's merely the wind or a coincidence. It is unclear why the demon remains in the household but with the help of an Ouija board Ali finds out with her boyfriend but they never take proper notion of it.

DONNOT WATCH THIS ALONE AT NIGHT!!!!!!! Watch this with subtitles.