IMDb > Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Paranormal Activity 2

Paranormal Activity 2 More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 37: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Better off watching The Blair Witch Project again

Author: James from Australia
28 January 2011

I saw the first one which was bad but this is really bad..basically the whole movie is so slow, doors opening, pots falling down e.t.c..really dumb cliché ghost stuff..I basically sat through the film waiting for something exciting to happen, last 20 mins wasn't too bad but it didn't save this film. Characters were boring, and I felt like I was about to fall asleep..maybe these films are better in a cinema but I highly doubt it..and now Paranormal Activity 3 is coming out later in 2011 can't wait...not. These movies are now going to become a cash cow and they are going to get worse but the masses will lap these up. This isn't film making this is garbage, it's not a horror it's a very lame thriller..but if you liked the first one I'm guessing you like this one so hey, go watch it and enjoy.

nothing special

Author: cry_wolf23 from United States
27 January 2011

this movie was so bad it makes manos hands of fate look like a blockbuster. The whole movie is like a home video anybody could make at home with no budget.the only thing that made me jump was loud noises.nothing really scary about it. this movie is a rip off of the blair witch style and the blair with project was somewhat believable.Hollywood makes this crap and it makes a lot of money.so if you want a good time waster check it out. i can't believe so many people are like wow this is a true story.i believe in the paranormal and all this but this movie proves that anybody with a video camera can make a ton of money by banging stuff around

Just OK

Author: Theresasod from United States
9 May 2014

I didn't really care for this movie. I thought there were a few good scenes, but that was about it. I will definitely see the third one though because I want to know the questions I have regarding this movie. I like how they use a different style with this movie, the way the characters act like they have no idea that they are even starring in a movie! The only good part of this movie was that fact alone, and the cool scenes that did get my attention. Overall, this movie was just barely watchable for me. I can only hope that the third one will be a tad bit better. There were times when I wished the film would have just ended, but of course, it dragged on and on without anything interesting besides just a few scenes. If you want an honest opinion, just watch it off of Netflix or something. Don't even bother buying the Blue-ray or DVD.

Are you kidding me?

Author: Gabriele 'Giga'
28 October 2011

This movie is a joke, really... in the middle of it you can hear the producers laughing at you and saying: "ahahaha, thank you for your money you idiot!". The commercial ads opening the movie were way more interesting, I heard a lot of people complaining during the projection and some people left the theater before it ended. It is slow, annoying as hell, repetitive (I think the main character of the story is the pool robo-cleaner), and when I say that *nothing* happens until the last 20 minutes, I actually mean that NOTHING happens until that time.. and when that time finally comes........... well.... it sucks, like the rest of the movie.

Finally you leave the theater room, with the feeling of have been kidded by a bunch of greedy, money-thirsty, soulless movie producers...

Who would've thought that a trick like this would work a second time?

Author: omfgitsrohit from India
25 January 2011

Paranormal activity 2, the prequel of paranormal activity although released after its sequel initially works. That's as much credit as I can give the film. With each thud you're going to skip a heartbeat. It convinces you that while dying might be bad, living with intense fear is worse. The constant wave like noise gets under your skin and tells your instincts that something terrible is about to happen. I've covered the first half hour of the film. The remaining hour is a spoof of the first half hour. The ghost turns hospitable by opening and closing doors, but when it doesn't receive the "Thank you" that's due, it burns a man's testicles. When the teenage girl tries communicating with the ghost, the ghost starts flirting with her by saying that he wants pussy. And a hat. Since she doesn't respond positively, he wakes her up by whispering her name in her ear. Not very imaginative, is he? From here on, he goes on a series of pranks with locking her outside and triggering a false fire alarm when she's making out with her boyfriend in the pool.

Here's the twist- it's not a ghost, it's a DEMON. The head of the house refuses to acknowledge the demon's existence. Now, the sensitive demon feels insulted. The increasing anger of the demon drives the remaining half hour of the film. From here on, it works neither as a comedy nor as a horror. The film throws sucker punches by banging open every door that could possibly be opened, when you're expecting the frying pan to fall on the wife's head. The characters are not believable. The characters hold on to the camera even when the certainty of their lives is suspended by a thin thread. There's more chemistry between the camera and the people who feel it up than between the husband and the wife. To make up for that, the demon's character is well developed. He suffers from identity crisis. But the people in the house don't know that, do they? So they assume that talking about the demon would just enrage him further. How close it all came to never happening!

From here on, it's hilarious. The dog gets tossed from one corner to the other, you can't be sure if it got humped just before, because the demon's invisible, but it certainly seems so. This scene in particular, is rib crackling especially for PETA activists. Of course, the pets are always killed first. The screenwriters have obviously seen Fatal Attraction and Cape Fear. The film ends like the first one, with everyone dying. The Demon is a wrestling fan; it performs a chokehold on the husband, a choke slam on the wife and walks away with the baby (an allusion to the golden belt). Why the baby? Apparently, some old hag in his ancestral tree hadn't honoured a deal with the demon- to exchange a male infant for riches.

Rating- 2/10

A boring rehash.

Author: DustinRahksi from Canada
6 January 2013

If you are looking for a film that will put you to sleep, here you go. I could never understand why these film's were so popular. The first one may have had a big effect on the supernatural genre, but that doesn't make it good. The third one was actually pretty entertaining, but nothing great. The forth one looks like a steaming pile of excrement. And then there is this one, boring, lame, simple minded, with only one purpose, money. It is somewhat disturbing how much money these films make, considering they are mediocre at best.

The characters were bad, I didn't like any of them, and I can't blame them for their acting, it's understandable. The supposed scares are laughable bad, someone getting dragged down the stairs into a basement just looked weird. And I would like to know why ghosts are as strong as a predator and as cunning as con man. Which leads me to the stupid characters. The dad being the most annoying, with his disbelief of whats happening. The movie is one boring scene after another, with those lame quiet sections accompanied by a loud noise. The movie fails at suspense and thrills, so don't expect much.

The Best Horror Series of the Decade

Author: Jay Addison from United States
6 November 2010

When the first Paranormal Activity was released to theaters, it caused more stir than any horror movie had in years. It started as a super-super-super low budget film made by friends, and, slowly, by fantastic word of mouth it became one of the highest grossing horror films. For good reason, too; Paranormal Activity and its sequel are truly horrifying films.

In an age of movies like Saw 3D, it is difficult to find a horror movie that can genuinely scare you, and even rarer one that doesn't rely at all on blood and gore to do so. What makes the Paranormal Activity films so original is that they went back to the unfortunately-forgotten idea of slow-build and suspense; particularly in the first film, there was no sudden and quick thrills. You waited. You got chilled. The terror built and built and built, almost to the point of being unbearable. I will never forget the way the first film was able to turn the taped night-time sessions into increasingly intense prisons of fear. Each time the lights on screen went out, the fear in the audience became more and more tangible. And eventually that fear realized itself in a haunting, terrifying, perfect finale.

This sequel is, admittedly, not quite as dedicated to the slow-build style that made the first one so good; the scares come pretty quickly and pretty intensely from the start. Having said that, it is just as scary and the use of an infant was a perfectly horrifying idea. If you are expecting an average, bloody, cheap thrills horror film, you will be disappointed by Paranormal Activity. This is realistic, believable terror and it is done with an admirable reliance on slow-build suspense and subtlety that makes Paranormal Activity the best horror series of the decade.

Jay Addison

Read this if you're thinking of seeing this movie...

Author: domanxyz92
30 October 2010

Paranormal Activity 2, it was not worth the money I paid for it. I will say this it did have one and I repeat one scary scene and it was scary only for the loud a** noise that happened because of it. The surround sound of the theater was the only good part. The movie and storyline were pretty predictable and childish, so it was like every other horror movie storyline. The home-movie effect ruined it. There was one scene in the end that was awesome though. It was when a possessed chick snapped the dude's neck killing him! It was so ninja-like that I wanted to yell, "Hell Yeah!" , but some guy in front of me, who kept saying his immature commentary, beat me to it. All-in-all it was pretty stupid and i would have rather give the wasted $8.00s to a bum or burn it and watch the flames cause that would have been more interesting!(I'm a pyromaniac...), but seriously if you haven't seen it do NOT go, your not missing anything!

Move Thee Reviews: A Rehash Less Scary than the First Film

Author: Kenji Chan from Hong Kong
27 October 2010

Paranormal Activity 2 is a low-budget mockumentary rehashing the first installment.

The film is slow-paced in the first hour. Despite the director's attempt to build the tension step by step, the similar images repeatedly shown by the cameras fail to engage the audience. In the last 30 minutes, there are some creepy moments which will give you goose pimples, thanks to the demon's rumble, the dog's growls, the creaks of the door echoing eerily in the house, etc, whereas those who have watched the first film may find the tactics used familiar and the story formulaic.

To make the most out of the film, you should watch Paranormal Activity 1 first because it starts as a prequel and ends with a twist related to the first film. Besides, you should avoid spoilers and watch it in a cinema with as few talky people as possible.

Those who have watched the first film may find Paranormal Activity 2, whose tactics we have already seen, less scary.

Sloppy Seconds

Author: artful_mark from United States
25 October 2010

Sad Spoiler Alert. Ugh, you just didn't care about any of the characters but the dog and the baby. Oh, rich white couple, blecch! Man fires Hispanic maid for being concerned about bad vibes in home. He's against that crap, but has African tribal art all over his walls? Wife doesn't seem to care. Wife has bad posture. Teenager is just generally annoying. The movie starts with about 300 edits. Then cycles through every camera angle in the house to the point of absurdity. Really the most interesting thing in this movie was the automated pool cleaner, and really that's kind of sad. There was no creepy build up. In fact the first sign of demonic infestation was a total house makeover! Please, and the first noise was a sonic boom that let you know the film wasn't in overly creative hands. "People are seemingly breaking into our house every night and little hunter is scared, we need to go out for drinks, hon!" WTF? And then during the climax, it turns out that demons can just be expelled with common kitchen ingredients? Do we ever find out what happens to the nanny? I'm also glad there weren't too much of Micah and Katie as they seemed to have porked out enough for at least 2 or 3 sequels. Katie's breasts, in particular, stunning in the first film, seemed to have given up the cause in the prequel. Wish this was a "Yeah!" review, instead it's just kind of "meh".