IMDb > "CSI: NY" Cuckoo's Nest (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"CSI: NY" Cuckoo's Nest (2009)

« Prev | 125 of 197 Episodes | Next »

Getting Really Close To The 'Compass Killer'

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
13 May 2011

Well, we are back to the "Compass Killer," and we learn a lot more about him. So does the CSI team, which finally figures out who he is. The problem is how to find him....and they come agonizingly close! As a sidebar, we see "Don Flack" (Eddie Cahill) going AWOL for a day and the team trying to track him down. How Mac handles the situation is pretty good; we all should have bosses that firm-but-understanding and forgiving.

Anyway, the crime all begins with a homicide and an apparent suicide both happening at the same. (Only on CSI can you have someone committing a murder while a million-to-one occurrence at the exact scene of the crime and involves another death. This has a couple of times already on this season's show! Whatever, it makes for an interesting story.) The "suicide" is not that, of course, and it's the work of our mentally-deranged killer who pushes a guy off the 59th Street Bridge onto a boat in which a murder had just taken places seconds earlier.

By the way, I like it when CSI does these continuations with the same murderer driving everyone nuts. Apparently the public does, too, as there have been more of these in recent years on the CSI shows.

My guess is that the "Compass Killer" story will end next week.