Kato's (Ken'ichi Matsuyama) death changes Kurono's (Kazunari Ninomiya) view of life completely. He decides to keep fighting until he earns 100 points so that he can bring back Kato. GANTZ ... See full summary »
This film is an alternate perspective version of the first Gantz film from an investigative journalists point of view and depicts the secrets of Kurono and Kato's childhood, and also other ... See full summary »
When a new system for mapping DNA called the Platinum Data is developed for all the residents of Japan, everyone is convinced it will create a better, saver society, free from crime. But ... See full summary »
This movie started out so good, it was almost criminal it turned out to be such completely unbelievable crap in the end.
The basic premise was good, for this kind of movie that is:
1. A bunch of guys die for several reasons.
2. The end up in a room with a mysterious black globe.
3. The globe gives them missions to kill UFOs residing in Japan. Hinting that they may redeem their lives this way.
4. They are given suitcases with black suits and cool sci-fi guns.
5. They are attacked by vicious UFOs.
So any person equipped with more than two brain cells would have:
1. Donned the suit.
2. Quickly checked out the weapon and got ready for the mission.
3. You wanna get your life back, right?
This far into the movie, I expected they would, I was eager for what was to come. This could be great!
Then they are magically "lasered" away to someplace in Tokyo and the UFO guy is not late to show up. Well not to spoil what happens too much, they are completely unprepared for the mission. And why?
1. They have completely failed to put on their cool black suits. OK, they girl has put it on. And looks good in it!
2. They have completely failed to check out their cool weapons.
Not to to spoil the movie, if there is anything to spoil, let me say this as a reality check:
1. If I knew I had died and had a chance to redeem my life by carrying out a mission, I would be sure to use any equipment given me.
2. If a monster was attacking me or my fellow undead, I would be sure to shoot first and ask questions later. Out of pure survival instinct.
3. If a monster was beating the crap out of one of my friends, then, even if I had no gun, I would do something to help out, lest I live in shame for the rest of my life.
4. If I was a hopeless nerd like most of the guys in the movie, and a cool beautiful girl showed interest in me, I would at least talk to her.
The guys in this movie, though, fail on all these basic point of normal behaviour. They are all prize-winning village idiots, almost autistic in their passiveness, hopelessly asocial towards the beautiful girls that seem to like these idiots, egoistic, craven individuals who can't use a weapon or even throw a stick at a monster in order to save their own or other people's lives. They lack the most basic survival instincts or humanity.
As a result, I spent most of the movie shouting "FOR THE LOVE GOD MAN, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT!!"
I'm not a trigger-happy man in normal situations... But with vicious UFOs attacking me, come and get some! :-)
20 of 30 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?