|Index||2 reviews in total|
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
Live from St. Petersburg, FL
Your hosts are Eric Bischoff & Bobby Heenan
Tag Team Championship
Harlem Heat (C) (W/Sister Sherri) Vs The Nasty Boys
Jerry Saggs comes out by himself without Brian Knobbs. Knobbs is nowhere to be found. That makes this a 2 on 1 handicapped match. Knobbs ends up showing up near the end of the match with a bunch of bandage around his ribs. Despite all that, The Nasty Boys win the titles. This wasn't as bad as I expected, but that's not saying much. It's never fully explained why Brian Knobbs is injured either. Sherri took a couple of NASTY bumps in this match, though. My hat goes off to her.
The Man With No Name Vs Kevin Sullivan
The Man With No Name is The Butcher. (Brutus Beefcake, The Zodiac, The Booty Man, The Disciple, etc) He turned face briefly here before becoming The Zodiac. Sullivan wins with a double foot stomp. This match was absolutely terrible! There was no heat behind it what so ever and the crowd couldn't care less.
"The Master" (King Curtis) tells Kevin Sullivan to come to him. He also says something about Hulk Hogan. It was hard to understand him, to be honest. Anyway, Kevin Sullivan runs away into the crowd. I'm pretty sure this helped kickstart the awful Dungeon of Doom.
Dick Murdoch Vs Wahoo McDaniel
McDaniel wins with a chop to the throat. I liked how they made this match in black and white to give it a retro feel. But with all due respect to both guys, this was painful to watch. Both had trouble moving at this juncture and the match moved VERY slowly. The crowd got somewhat restless too.
The Great Muta (C) Vs "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Ondorff
Muta wins with a moonsault from the top. Boy, was this dull and LONG. This match had way too many chinlocks, facelocks, and rest holds in general. There were brief moments of excitement, but they were few and far in between.
Arn Anderson (C) Vs Alex Wright
Anderson wins with a DDT. I'm not surprised these two had a decent match. Anderson is the consummate professional. He can make anybody look like a million bucks and that's exactly what he did with Wright here.
Meng (W/Col. Robert Parker) Vs Roadwarrior Hawk
The match ends in a double countout. I'm super glad this was short! It would have been a complete disaster if this match went 10 minutes or so. Anytime a "bonus" match is randomly added on a PPV without notice, it usually means bad things
Terry Funk, Antonio Inoki, Dusty Rhodes, Gordon Solie and Big John Studd are inducted into the WCW Hall of Fame.
Lights Out Match
Big Bubba Rogers Vs Sting
This is basically anything goes. Sting wins by submission with the Scorpion Deathlock. This was extremely tame for a No Holds Barred match. The only thing that slightly resembled a hardcore match, was a table. Believe me, you're not missing anything.
Ric Flair & Vader (W/Arn Anderson) Vs Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage (W/Jimmy Hart & The Renegade)
Hogan and Savage win after Hogan pins Flair with the legdrop. After the match, Savage gets assaulted by Flair and Vader. Angelo Poffo comes in from the crowd and tries to help his son, but he gets decked by Flair. To make matters worse, Flair applies the Figure Four to Poffo. Savage calls for an ambulance as the show goes off the air. This felt like a main event that would air on Nitro. It didn't feel special what so ever and really lacked the oomph that a main event should. The angle with Savage's dad would lead to a grudge match between Flair and Savage at The Great American Bash.
This PPV is pretty bad! When the highest rating a match gets is **1/2, you're in trouble. I like how WCW wanted to honor the legends, but giving them matches wasn't exactly necessary. As I said in the review, the main event felt like a glorified Nitro main event. Unless you're a die-hard WCW fan that needs to watch everything they do, I would pass on this.
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
1. WCW Tag Title Match: Jerry Sags Vs. Champs-Harlem Heat - Usual match
with handicap for the first 12 minute, then Knobs approached and Nasty
Boys defeated Harlem. 6/10
2. Kevin Sullivan Vs. The name with no name but with 1000 gimmicks (Idiot Beefcake) - Superboring match in which is totally unimportant who won. 2/10
3. Dick Murdoch Vs. Wahoo Mcdaniel - That's why I don't like first 3 Slamborees, because of Legends. Old-school wrestling¨s boring me to tears. Maybe I'm ignorant, but honest. 3/10
4. IWJP Title Match: Champ- The Great Muta Vs. Paul Orndorff - Some boring chants. Large amount of basic submission holds. 5.5/10
5. WCW TV Title Match: Alex Wright Vs. Champ-Arn Anderson with his Best Theme and his TM Pampers Trunks - I must admit that this match was solid even on Arn, which I don't like. Anderson retains. 6/10
6. Meng Vs. Hawk - Double count-out. Blah. 5/10
7. Big "Stiffa" Rogers Vs. Sting - This fat as* can't make match watchable. Poor sting. 5/10
8. Ric Flair/Vader Vs. Hulk Hogan/Macho Man - Hogan sucks, savage at least let Vader did moonsault. Flair and Vader jobbed again for immortal Hulk, I¨m starting to hate 1995 WCW PPVs. It sucks more than previous or later stuff... 4/10
|Ratings||Plot keywords||Main details|
|Your user reviews||Your vote history|