IMDb > Fragile (2009/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Fragile More at IMDbPro »

Engaging

Author: Timothy Blake from United States
17 October 2010

This was interesting and engaging. I love how everything happening is pretty normal and benign, but somehow there's all this tension built up. Don't know how they do that kinda stuff, but props to em for doing it.

The kids aren't overly creepy, but, like I said, tension builds and you really care about what's going on. Really well cast, and cool how it was simple, just two kids playing around, but still a thriller.

The music adds to everything without being noticeable, and all in all, it's a great little short. Glad I caught it on YouTube, and I'm looking forward to seeing the other shorts by TheJoeSchneider!

Creepy

Author: koreykramertz from United States
10 October 2010

I'm always intrigued when I find a short film I've never heard of that is actually really good.

I don't make films, I don't know that much about them, but I got into shorts a few years ago when a friend gave me a DVD of academy award winning shorts... Huh, didn't realize that was a category. I've been YouTubing "short film" ever since! It's interesting to me how a short film maker must create a story beginning, middle, and end in such a short period of time... this film does a great job of that.

I don't like the idea of kids with a gun. I thought I knew how the story was going to end. In five minutes, this film creates a very spooky plot twist.

My only criticism is this: what is with the ghost hand in the kitchen cupboard? It's never explained and loose ends drive me nuts! My favorite shot is of the little boy's eyes at the end. Cool film.

Cool

Author: kaiserjohnson from United States
9 October 2010

This is really cool. A scary movie starring kids, shot from the perspective of kids, but without being awful, sadistic, and horrendous like Pet Semetary and Omen. I hate scary movies involving kids, but this breaks the mold and is actually, well... enjoyable.

Also, the kids are great. No over-the-top, "I'm a creepy kid" stuff here. Just two, great, honest kids, which makes the scary stuff hit harder. The little girl is especially good.

Like the other Vaughn Juares / Joe Schneider collaborations I've seen, it's beautifully and creatively shot, and hits right where it needs to.

Nice.

I did not see that coming

Author: jcbmalone21 from United States
22 September 2010

I found this short film on YouTube.

The first thing that struck me was the sound quality - this is obviously an indie film because I haven't heard of the guys who made it, but it sounds like a big budget film.

The two little kids in this film are great. They both gave really great performances, but the little girl was definitely a stand-out.

This film is only 5 minutes long but it is very well constructed. It starts out very innocently but, by the end, it is terrifying. The guys who wrote this, Vaughn Juares & Joseph Schneider, created a very original story line from the point of view of little kids.

If you can find this film, watch it.