IMDb > Knucklehead (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Knucklehead

Knucklehead More at IMDbPro »

A wonderful comedy for the family on the weekend!

Author: tarek-elsakka from Egypt
7 November 2010

I just finished watching Knucklehead and I absolutely loved it. It is hilarious most of the time and very sad at times, and I really love the funny and sad twists. I was expecting it to be just another time-wasting movie that will depend entirely on its main actor's fame, but it definitely surpassed my expectations.

All the actors in the movie were great. Mark Feuerstein and Merola Hardin really hit the spot and play their characters perfectly, and so did all the other actors in the movie.

Paul Wight "The Big Show" surprisingly is a brilliant actor. He is hilarious and portrays his character's emotions flawlessly. I'd go as much as saying he's a much better actor than he is a wrestler.

Critics and people who are into movies like The Godfather should avoid this movie and not start criticizing and nominating it for worst movie in history as this is just a comedy for the family.

So buy/rent it for the weekend, sit on the couch with your family, get your pop corn ready, and prepare to start laughing at a giant acting like a 12 year old!

Gotta love Knucklehead!

A Great, Feel Good, Family Movie

Author: Susan S from United States
1 December 2010

I actually have never heard of WWE Productions prior to watching this movie and I am not a wrestling fan in any way shape or form. I watched the movie on the recommendation of a friend.

This movie is just a fun, funny, feel good movie that is suitable for the whole family. It is a good, heartwarming movie. There are a few profanities and mild violence, but really suitable for pretty much anyone.

The actors were great. Though the main actor is apparently a wrestler, he is quite a talented actor. His ability to show a huge range of emotions is as good as most well paid, well known actors.

This probably isn't a critics movie. But if you can sit around and enjoy a movie without digging into originality and critically analyzing everything about it, you will enjoy.

This is just a great film to be able to get the family together and everyone enjoy the movie. I highly recommend it.

Felt like a Remake Nacho Libre

Author: i-nemesis from Eastbourne, England
6 November 2010

I wasn't expecting much from this movie a typical comedy with a famous wrestling star. It Felt like a remake Nacho Libre. What did surprise me was The Big Shows performance, His emotions in it really felt sincere this chap CAN actually act in fact i would go as far as saying he would make a better actor than one of his wrestling performance acts. its not a side splitting movie but does have its moments. In all, The actors did a good job, The cast was good. The comedy was funny in parts, the story wasn't anything new though. in all a well acted fun family movie not just aimed at wrestling fans as in fact there is not actually a lot of wrestling in it which i am actually glad of as when there was wrestling scenes it was the poorest performance of acting in the movie. You certainly wouldn't think of big show as a professional wrestler, yes the scenes were that bad!. Move over Mr Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) there's a new wrestling actor in town.

I would rate @ 6.5

Family Fun In The Best Disney Tradition.

Author: tlsmith1138-641-867191 from Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
10 November 2010

It may not be too original, but it's been a long time since I have seen a movie this well acted and clean. The Big Show can actually act. The man has some serious acting chops, exhibiting a range of emotion not required in hardcore action movies.

The movie screams corny when you read the plot of the movie and realize what company is behind it, but it isn't. WWE finally made a pretty good movie. Even the sound was unusually crisp and reminded me just how good my home theater system can make a movie sound.

This movie is in the tradition of the best Disney movies. Disney should make movie this good and of this quality, but they don't do it anymore.

If this crew gets together again and makes another movie, me and mine will be right there waiting.

Good job, Mr Wright.

WWE, you knucklehead! This comedy movie is pretty bad.

Author: ironhorse_iv from United States
30 July 2014

WWE Studios, this movie is more like a headache. Directed by Michael W. Watkins, the movie was WWE first attempt at comedy, after years of producing action and horror flicks. The movie was released in select theaters, but the movie quickly failed. Honestly, I really did had high hopes for this movie, at the time, but after watching it. I have to say, it deserve the bad praise, it got. The movie is about 35 year old orphan, Walter Krunk (WWE's Wrestler, Paul Wight AKA the Big Show) whom destroy the kitchen of the orphanage in which he grew up in, and works. Due to that reason, he has a few days to raise enough money in order to save the orphanage from closing down due to the damage. I guess, Big Show will play the annoying Jar Jar Binks & Al Garner type of doofus here, where he puts everybody in danger and cause most of the problems. Somehow, Mixed Martial Arts manager, Eddie Sullivan (Mark Feuerstein) thinks Walter, the gentle giant would be great for an oncoming fight tournament for a $100,000 prize. In my opinion, the Big Show does not have the body for a MMA fighter nor the skills. I don't even think WWE knows how Mixed Martial Arts even works, as they think it's something out of street fighting borderline pro-wrestling brawling. How many MMA events have you ever gone to, where a man that looks like Goliath, manage by a nun named Mary, (Melora Hardin) fight an 'over the top' Jewish stereotype in a Jewish synagogue?! Not much, right. Oy vey, that was pretty offended. What's next, a battle royal at a mosque!?! Honestly, the next bout is fighting a bear which was worst, watching with all the bad edits of footage of a real bear intermixed with a man in a bear costume. Is fighting a bear even legal? I like how Walter goes on beating up defenseless people and steals their property until the big climatic fight. Walter beating up the kid's dad, who was just trying to put an end to fights taking place in his backyard was pretty harsh. The villain is just as unrealistic as a MMA fighter as the Big Show. I like how the villain fighter name is Redrum. (Lester Speight of Terry Tate commercial fame). I guess the writer just finish watching Stanley Kubrick's 1980's Shining when he thought of that character. Also the main villain, Memphis Earl (Dennis Farina) is cartoony and half of the things, he does, doesn't make sense. I like that he kidnap a kid, and start publicity choking him in a public event. Very smart. The movie seen to be missing a lot of logic. The characters crash a bus in a field in a big explosion and they just walk away from it. Also, how can Walter have never experienced life outside the orphanage? This is never explained or explored. The movie is so out there with its humor that it's more like a miss than a hit in the funny bone. The jokes about Walter flatulence problem are really borderline unfunny potty humor. It's the lowest in the low. I guess, the movie target audience might be children since the movie is PG-13, but the movie is bit too slugged for their attention spans, and not inventive enough to keep adults engaged. The sub-plot of Eddie and Mary falling in love with each other is so forced. The movie is so predictable in its outcome, that you wish that more to "save the house" plot trope. The acting from most of the cast is mostly alright. Anybody that know the Big Show on WWE television, know that he can play the gentle giant clown. It's not his fault that the movie was bad. Still, the movie was so low-budget. That, the movie basically made turn Walter Krank into the Big Show toward the end, to save money on production cost. So, it wasn't much of an acting streak for him. He was actually pretty likable in the movie. Overall: It's not a must watch for any WWE fan, as it has nothing to do with pro-wrestling. It's entertaining, somewhat, but it's nowhere near, where it should be. If you're looking for alright WWE comedy movie, check out 2011's 'That's What I Am'. It's decent and it has a lot more depth than this movie. Still, if you need a movie on in the background to snore. Here, you go. That is a Big Show.

A Perfect weekend's family movie

Author: jiroy haggar from Lebanon
16 June 2014

Knuckleheads is that type of movie where you feel yourself one of the good guys , relaxed , having fun , secured and definitely will reach the happy endings ; A perfect weekend's family movie where laughter and joy are guaranteed .

The crew in general showed perfect harmony and fit their roles accordingly well ; Of course we don't have the first class names here and that's supposedly match well with the general idea of a failure ex-wrestler with lot of debts upon his head , so , yes , it's expected , he will drag with him along the way a bunch of , let say dreamers ... Even the bad guy , the vicious money monger played by Farina ain't that far from that whole vision . And yet , and like i've mentioned before , all the faces are familiar , so close to our hearts .

I know the scenario isn't that original and genius ,but the presence of an unusual giant child made the whole difference , created the whole expected and unexpected bizarre situations , so yes , this movie have indeed something else to add ... Here , I wonder for an instance if that poor bear was real or a cast , hehe ...

Nice film , i enjoyed every step in it .

Funny & at times heartwarming tale.

Author: Prolox from Canada
16 November 2010

In what almost comes off s a remake of the already forgotten comedy NACHO LIBRE, WWE FILMS brings us this tale of an over-sized orphan WALTER KRONK (Played by current WWE superstar the BIG SHOW (Real name PAUL WIGHT) who accidentally burns down the orphanage from which he has never ever ventured out of. With the possibilities that several of the orphans could get sent elsewhere, WALTER agrees to sign with a down on his luck wrestling promoter EDDIE SULLIVAN, who is being constantly pressured & abused by a slimy villain MEMPHIS EARL & Earl's own giant wrestler. Soon the kind hearted Walter is turned from a wrestling disaster to an angry (but still good natured & clumsy) giant who begins winning matches using his own talent instead of winning them by accident, which leads him to the finals where he will take on Memphis Earl's own mass of muscle, can Walter raise money to save the orphanage, find true love & defeat the bad guys? or will he lose & be forced to see the kids of the orphanage packing? KNUCLEHEAD is a rude at times, but overall funny & entertaining family comedy/drama, that is a nice change of pace from WWE'S usual action films. WWE using the BIG SHOW to try & turn him into a current star to help promote their film, was a good choice, since he is able to pull off the part of Walter & is pretty decent. The action is pretty good, if quick & funny in areas & the villains were interesting. Highly recommended, with a pretty good story, as we see Walter & his promoter, as well as a helper at the orphanage, encounter one misadventure after the other, while on the road. Not released theatrically (like WWE'S most current product) instead, they wisely promoted this film on their own programming, which like I've said during past reviews on films of theirs, was shamelessly over promoted, using the commercials of the film at least six or seven different times.

***1/2 stars

Mostly unfunny WWE Films effort

Author: MrScowl from US
7 November 2010

I have, for reasons unknowable, watched the majority of movies produced by WWE Films. Perhaps it's because I was a wrestling fan for quite a long time growing up, but a quick channel change during Monday Night Football commercials (or during the NFL off-season when I will watch Raw from time to time) and I am unable to recognize the majority of the current roster. I know, as should anyone with a modicum of taste in movies, know that a movie produced by a wrestling company and starring a wrestler is most likely going to bad, yet for some reason I keep coming back after being proved right time and time again.

Knuckleheads is the first comedy from WWE Films, but like all the other movies made by WWE (with the possible exception of The Condemned, which while not good was better than it probably should have been)it is pretty bad. While Paul "Big Show" Wight may seem like an easy acting target on paper, to be quite honest this is not his fault. In fact, Wight probably gives the best performance, and other than Austin may be the best WWE wrestler to act in a WWE Film. The rest of cast however is all kinds of terrible.

Whomever wrote this film was obviously influenced by other films because there isn't a hint of originality to be found here. The whole "giant kid" thing has been done before, as well as saving orphanages and the very predictable romantic subplot. In fact there is nothing in the movie that you couldn't see coming from a mile away. As for laughs, I laughed a total of one time, at a scene involving Wight on a bus(this scene alone is the reason why I gave it a 2 star rating instead of a one), and either rolled my eyes or sat there stone-faced the rest of time.

In conclusion, Knucklehead is not a good movie at all, nor is it even one of the better WWE Films. My advice would be to pass this one up without a second thought.

Way to go Paul oh yeah WWE also what a home run

Author: jhachet from United States
23 December 2010

I had the privilege, no the honor of meeting the Big Show (Mark Wright) in Dayton, Ohio. He was just as funny in person as he was in this movie, Knucklehead. I do not know if the Big Show, Mark Wright, will read this review or not. Brother you hit a home run with this movie. When you were on SNL (Saturday Night Live) with the Rock (Dwayne Johnson) way back in 2000. You stole the show while the Rock sang the song. The Giant, Big Show, Paul Wight's performance as Captain Insano in the comedy "The Waterboy" ruled. We all have seen other WWE movies that stared WWE talent. I feel that the WWE needs to take a good hard look at Paul Wright as a comedy actor. I m not joking my sides are still hurting from laughing at the bus scene and that stupid side car. I cant wait till my son sees this movie. Then I can look at him and say I met him, Paul Wright. In fact Daddy lost a bet with him and got stuck with Paul's food bill at the "WINGS" place. I wont promote the national wing chain. This movie shows that WWE can not only put on a family show but now they have made a awesome comedy that they can be proud of! Thanks for the laughter