IMDb > The Love Project Journey (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Love Project Journey More at IMDbPro »

The Love Project Journey - Review

Author: kazzz from New York
13 October 2010

The talented, passionate and full of life drummer "Yael" is on a mission and welcomes you into her world as a musician, creating an album.

This DVD will appeal to lovers of all types of music. Yael has assembled musicians from the field of opera, hard rock and classical music. Her infusion of multicultural influences add layers never before heard. I highly recommend this for anyone who calls themselves a music lover.

This is truly an amazing and inspiring documentary of outstanding musicians collaborating together and creating music that will capture your soul. A must see and own.

The Love Project

Author: karenthagreat from United States
13 October 2010

I absolutely loved this film! From the guerrilla style film making to the bi-coastal recordings it kept me entranced from beginning to end! My favorite is the Alex Skolnick sessions. Megan, Alex and Yael rocked! Really the entire thing is wonderful. One truly feels that these musicians are on a journey together and simply nothing else matters. Sasha Lizard is hauntingly beautiful, Lucia and Dave are awesome! Yael is one amazing, eclectic drummer who blends so smoothly in with all of these wonderful artists, even Terry Bozio and that takes talent because he's the best!! Nik gets it right when he says if you don't have a good drummer your records gonna suck! Niks recording style is crazy awesome and one could say the same about an engineer!! LOVE THIS FILM!!!! Brilliant performances from Yael, Yury, Yariv, Roy and all of the many others who contributed!!!! As well the dedication was beautifully done as you can feel the emotion literally oooze off the film!

Awesome

Author: ebdrummer-870-105966 from United States
14 October 2010

I watched this DVD twice since I've bought it and I'm really inspired and in love with the message that this DVD gives. Yael and her crew did a wonderful job! Being a drummer myself i found it extra inspirational to set out and try and learn another instrument as well as master my own. This is a powerful movie and I get so much enjoyment out of watching and listening to music. If you like music too and you have an eclectic taste, then you need to watch this. Yael is a amazing musician and I'm very happy that she was able to put this together. This has really made my year. I never would have guessed that something like this would be put out. Its great! I would highly recommend this DVD to anyone, musician and non musician alike.