IMDb > "The Vampire Diaries" Lost Girls (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Vampire Diaries: Lost Girls (#1.6)"

"The Vampire Diaries" Lost Girls (2009)

« Prev | 6 of 171 Episodes | Next »

What Are You?

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
19 July 2013

Elena presses Stefan to tell what he is and he tells how Katherine was their sire, turning Damon and him into vampires. Damon attacks three junkies in the woods and brings Vicky to his house. Then he feels bored and turns her into a vampire. However the process will be only completed when she drinks human blood. Meanwhile, Mayor Lockwood, Sheriff Forbes and Logan decide to hunt down the vampires and use the watch as a compass to locate them. When Stefan finds Elena in the woods, he tries to convince her to not drink human blood. But Stefan is shot by Logan and Damon saves him, killing Logan, When Vicky sees Logan's blood, she drinks it and completes the transformation.

"Lost Girls" is another great episode where Vicky is transformed into a vampire. It will be very difficult task to Stefan to avoid her to control herself since she was a drug addicted. Elena pushes Stefan to the edge and he tells the story of his life. Let's see how she will handle her feelings knowing that her boyfriend is a vampire. My vote is eight.

Title (Brazil): "Lost Girls"

The Damon dances...

Author: Chalice_Of_Evil from Australia
4 November 2009

What I liked...

*Picking up where we left off (actually, backtracking a bit to Elena having her Bellaesque revelation of what Stefan was via flashbacks to the various weird things she knew about him), getting to see the last scene of the previous episode played out from Elena's perspective.

*The first flashback to 1864. Was great to see Dobrev playing Katherine and Wesley playing a younger, still-human Stefan.

*Elena being the one to force *Stefan* to say the word 'vampire' (and not the other way around, ala Edward and Bella in Twilight).

*Stefan reassuring Elena in her room (maybe he should have been a little more mindful of her personal space?) and explaining, then asking her not to tell anyone. I sympathised with both of these characters throughout the episode. I don't think Elena was at all unreasonable in the way she reacted (given the situation).

*Damon feeding on Vicki's friends, then throwing their corpses onto the fire as he drunk booze. For a minute there, I had wondered if he'd just thrown Vicki onto the fire - which would have been great...but alas, no, she was still alive - which is why I loved his line to her: "You just don't wanna die, do ya?" (more like the writers just won't LET her die already!). It kind of took away from her seemingly awesome death in the last episode. I liked him talking to Stefan on the phone about his ring. "What, did you FedEx it to Rome?" amused me.

*I liked this show's version of the typical human-asking-the-vampire-about-different-vampire-myths scene you get in every vampire movie/show that comes around. I liked the questions Elena asked and the answers Stefan gave. Elena was pretty understanding - giving him the day, like he asked, to explain himself.

*Damon walking around the patch on sunlight whilst on the phone, telling Vicki "Don't get blood on the couch, please!", his "I'm so gonna regret this." before promptly ripping open his wrist and feeding her (coupled with his "Don't drip." instruction to her). Him resting his chin atop Vicki's head was funny.

*Elena's reaction to learning Stefan had been "17" (yeah right!) since 1864.

*The second flashback, with Stefan AND Damon. Seeing human Damon (and his goofy hat), as well as getting to see the brothers getting along was great. Both Wesley and Somerhalder really nailed the human versions of their characters, and Dobrev did good as well playing an entirely separate character to the one she usually plays.

*Learning about the Stefan/Katherine/Damon triangle and that she was the vampire who sired them.

*Vicki and Damon dancing. The way Damon said "I know.", when she described him as "totally cool and so hot", was funny, as was his "Let's daaaaaaaaaaance!".

*Them trashing Stefan's room, Damon testing the sunlight against his hand, then his reaction to seeing the Katherine photo. Green Day song playing as they danced slowly, Vicki complaining about her sucky life, Damon's "Your life is so pathetic." and "You don't have one hint of self-esteem.", then - best of all - him nonchalantly (and totally without warning) SNAPPING HER NECK! It was well-played...too bad that, yet again, it didn't stick. Still, Damon again flirting with burning his hand in the sunlight was good, at least. Also, I liked him suggesting that blood-craving Vicki stop by to see Jeremy.

*Stefan using his influence, trying to help Vicki in her "transitioning", then explaining the situation to Elena (though I could have done without her mildly bitchy/judgemental "The same choice you made?" when Stefan mentioned Vicki would have to make a choice between feeding on a human or dying). I did like Elena's "Go!", after Stefan said he could track Vicki. However, Vicki? You're a lame vampire-in-the-making - you couldn't even free us from Jeremy's presence! At least kill Tyler for us, please! Speaking of...I didn't miss him, nor Caroline, nor Bonnie nor Jenna AT ALL this episode. Part of the awesomeness of this episode was them being absent, in fact.

*The foggy shot of the moon and the return to the eerie/moody woods. Logan deciding to go it alone, using the vampire compass? Not too bright. He deserved to get bitten.

*Damon being at Elena's door and entering (not a euphemism). His attitude towards her was great (especially his casual "I'm not gonna kill you right now.", making it clear that he *does* intend to eventually).

*The scene with Stefan and a sobbing Vicki in the cemetery. Kayla Ewell actually did some really good acting (well...crying, anyway) in this scene, and I liked Stefan trying to reassure her (in his own way), telling her she'd "fade quickly" if she didn't feed on human blood. They were both really good in this scene. It was quite a shock for Stefan to be shot (though we knew he wouldn't die). I was grateful that Damon took care of Logan to save Stefan (only so he himself can kill Stefan at a later date). I also liked Damon's look after he put his ring back on, followed by his "Oops." upon seeing Vicki seemingly finishing Logan off (here's hoping!).

*The final scene between Elena and Stefan. Both actors had been really excellent throughout the entirety of this episode, but in this scene especially, they were incredibly good. Nina Dobrev made that scene with her crying/sliding down against the wall actually something very *emotional* and yet, at the same time, I felt for Stefan. I'm glad Elena has some good sense in her, but here's hoping that she eventually comes around to be more accepting of Stefan (at least she kept his secret and knew he'd never hurt her).

Only negatives: Caroline's mother and Logan and their stupid VAMPIRE COMPASS. I hated all their scenes (though nice to know what the Gilbet watch finally DOES). Other than that, this episode was excellent and easily the best of the season thus far.