The Walking Dead (TV Series 2010– ) Poster

(2010– )

996 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
From Zombies and horror to Steven Seagal and guns.
contact-7667618 November 2017
I've been watching this since 2010. I LOVE zombie movies. Dawn of The Dead is my favorite. Back in the early 2000 there were several great zombie movies. Nowadays they are awful. More guns, empty characters, and explosions plus bad scripts than anything else. How in the world TWD transformed into a Steven Seagal movie? I remember the beginning was so thrilling … suspenses, a story, characters that you cared about, scary zombies. But after season 3 or 4 everything turned into guns and people fighting people. Cheap scripts, retarded dialogues, poor CGI. Take any episode from season 4 on and you can broadcast it on a cheap TV station as "action" movie. No one would tell the difference.

Right now you cannot care about any character. Bad actors that play as much as the trees in the background die by the dozen by each episode. Flashbacks and "emotional" (dumb) dialogues want to make us care about someone. But you can't. Zombies do not matter anymore, only rarely when they suddenly matter. It is either this image of them as "pests" most of the time, or lethal killers out of a sudden. I am sick of watching a cheap action movie that has nothing to do with a zombie movie. A zombie movie was a zombie movie because of the thriller surrounding this worldwide catastrophe of people turning into these creepy and horror things. That was the MAIN factor. TWD has nothing to do with that anymore.

If TWD would have kept 4-5 main characters and presented their struggle to live in this horror world full of zombies, then that could have been a great series. But even that has to stop. The only reason TWD continues is money. That's all. They make more money off the show. Why do you think the action happens in forests and zombies are mainly seen in packs from distance? Because it is cheap. No need to pay for shooting in a town and pay for complex CGI, a forest is perfect.

So. I loved this series but now I think it is the cheapest garbage out there. Honestly I don't care what happens anymore so I'll finally give up. Last episode "Some Guy" did it for me. I just could not bare anymore. I don't care who dies, who lives, because there is no story, no character, nothing intelligent about this series, nothing to watch.

Garbage.
47 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
review for season 8
christopoulospan14 November 2017
Something is wrong with season 8. The walking dead is my favourite TV show but first 4 episodes could be just 1episode or half! Even images/photography and atmosphere look different...its like there is another director or something cheap...i don't know maybe they decide to take it really slow but is not good idea. And doesn't look nice also..
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
It's dead
Butch Greuel28 October 2017
I suppose it still has a lot of fans, but TWD has become incredibly dull and boring. Some reasons:

The objective is to kill Negan. In every episode there are dozens of opportunities. He hands over his bat to his enemies, multiple times his enemies are having him at gunpoint. Not even his own people like him, in fact one of his lieutenants states that they want him dead and that he is just one person. Yet they create elaborate plans because people forget to pull the trigger at the right time or they only bring one bullet to a fight. It's painful to watch.

The characters are dull. You don't care for any of them. Even if Rick died I would not give a damn. There is no one I really root for or sympathize with. I guess Daryl is still cool (because he is mostly silent), but even the superbad Michonne is now in a relationship, minding the children. No more zombies on a leash.

Great ideas being wasted: So there is this cool armored, spiked zombie that Rick has to fight. Awesome. How would you do it? You show the thing. You show its power and have people talk about how dangerous he is (maybe he used to be a pro wrestler). You let one of Rick's group fight it and lose spectacularly. You bring out Rick. He shudders, is about to lose but then turns things around and triumphs because Rick is superman. How do they do it? Rick dances around this thing a little bit, pierces his own hand on its spiked head (who needs hands, in the comics he only has one anyway), then Michonne suggests throwing garbage at it. Rick throws some pillows. Monster falls. Victory. Underwhelming.

Absurd ideas. Two words: CGI tiger.

After how many years zombies still move without feeding? Bullets and fuel are infinite. Most food still comes from finding cans.

Characters' roles change without reason. Eugene was always the most useless person in the group. But in season 7 he switches sides and suddenly becomes the science mastermind who gets things done.

It's awfully crowded. There are so many groups now in a 30 mile radius: Alexandria, Kingdom, Hilltop, Saviours, Garbage People, Women in the Woods. Rick and Michonne even stumble upon some golfers.

Stormtrooper gun training - in the final gunfight they all shoot at each other from short distance for minutes. Many without any cover. Yet no one in the group is seriously harmed.

Talk is cheap - and that's why they do it so much. It seems they had one idea in season 7. Kill two major characters. The rest was just chatting.

The worst things about Negan are his monologues. Please, no more. Just give me the bat to the head.
32 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Adios TWD!
Manny Ramirez12 December 2016
They've lost me, the producers have lost me. How many times can they recycle the same plot? This is no longer humanity vs zombies, this is humans vs humans with a unnecessary dose of violence and twisted psyche, all for the sake of maintaining ratings and milking the cash cow. The writers creativity have been depleted for a few seasons now, there has been no direction, no gradual learning, no story development. All the physical moving around is just the illusion of story to mask the fact that there isn't a story being told at all. The show isn't going anywhere. I have stopped watching, and I feel liberated from this burden of a show. TWD has slowly decomposed into a gross, unintelligent TV show. Who keeps making gas, electricity... but then there's no radio communication... What happened to the military, the government, smart people, common sense... I understand the appeal for certain demographics, but I, for once, demand more from entertainment than this garbage, good bye!!!
129 out of 179 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Gone Downhill
Georgia Marks28 November 2017
This show was my all-time favourite TV show. Seasons 1-3 were great, good plot, they actually had GOOD ACTORS (Merle, Shane, Governor), the zombies were actually a threat (remember when you can get infected by a scratch! Well not anymore!). The show is just so slow-paced with no meaning in any episode. You can skip a couple of episodes in S7 or 8 and not miss out on anything.

I don't even know why I am still hoping for this show to turn around. It is just absolute garbage. Boring dialogue, shitty actors, you don't even care about any character. In fact there are just too many characters in the show you don't even give a f*$#% about. The cast is so vast that they throw in characters for 2 minutes on the show and then they come back in a couple of episodes.

The show has gone too politically correct... gays and lesbians, single gay fathers, women taking on men's roles etc.

Overall, this show honestly needs to end, it's just the same recycled bs every season. Find a place, someone else wants the town, town is destroyed, find a new place. If you're interested in watching the show just watch S1-3.
19 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An all-out bore season finale:
glenndonnelley-9881310 April 2017
The Walking Dead has reached an all-time low. I can't even express in words how disappointed I am with the season finale. It is without doubt the worst season finale we have seen to-date: absolutely nothing happened, nothing! How on earth did it take Negan 50 minutes to get to Rick's front door?! And, not only did nothing happen, but it rendered the entire season a complete waste of time. Episode after episode, we watched Rick salvage supplies and weapons for this attack; only to see such an anticlimactic ending. It was absolutely pathetic! It's easy to see why the rating for this show are the lowest they have been in five seasons! People are so sick to death of being jerked around, episode after episode... If this is how their first attack against the Saviours was always going to end, it could have happened 5 or 6 episodes into the season. It's so disappointing! I used to love this show. It was once the best show on TV, hands down. What happened? It peaked, and now its slowly dying a horrible and painful death, and destroying its cult following. I wouldn't even give the Walking Dead 3 (out of 10) stars now. It's become so mind numbing boring, it's hurting my head. It's seriously circling the drain. Rick spent half a season preparing for this fight, only to be is betrayed by the Scavengers. The second after it happened, I thought, WTF?! Two steps forward and another ten steps back. This is what this show has become now… The season finale could have made up for the entire season, but instead, it was worse than the season itself. And, tell me, what's going to happen in the next episode: Negan is going to walk in again and take all their guns – again – which will put us right back at square one. So did anything happen this season? NO. Could the Walking Dead get any worse? I DON'T THINK SO. Are people losing faith in this show? YES! JUST READ THE REVIEWS ONLINE. Even my girlfriend, who is a hard core fan, tuned out half way through the season finale... The series has become so boring now, it needs to end before it becomes the worst shows on TV. From seasons 2-5, every episode finished on such an amazing cliff-hanger, and you had no recourse but to watch the next and the next and the next, and so on. Now, it's so far beyond redemption, I'm done!! I thought the Walking Dead crashed and burned over 2 seasons ago, but I held in there, hoping against hope, it would make a bounce back but all I have experienced is utter shame and disappointment! My loyalty to the Walking Dead, only stretches so far, and I have reached mine.

I feel all the series has done, is pumped up the Saviours so much, when in reality, their nothing more than pussycats. They're not nothing interesting. They're not impressive. They're not even scary. They're just bullies; like I haven't seen that a million times on TV before. There the most uninteresting villains we have seen in the Walking Dead to-date. Moreover, Rick should be able to eat Negan for breakfast, after taking out the Governor and the Terminus Cannibals, Negan is nothing more than a wimp compared to them – but instead, we're objected to extremely bad writing, with no end in sight, when the stars of the show should be the Wolves. I feel it's the equivalent of Rick taking out the Avengers, bring down the Justice League, only to be brought down by Gargamel and the Smurfs. I don't even put the Saviours in the same league as Rick; well, the Rick we loved before season 5. The Wolves on the other hand, they could have been Rick's match. Their deranged, intelligent, psychotic, completely insane, reckless, with the blood lust of a serial killer, and their all-out terrifying – these are the villains we want to see in a zombie apocalypse. Instead, we're forced to watch a bunch of hillbillies, who run around, thinking their hot sh*t; all held together by Negan, who should be dead like 10 times over by now. Like recently for example, Sasha and Rosita had a sniper rifle and a nice cozy spot outside Negan's front door. All they had to do – is wait, patiently – for a nice, clean shot to kill him. They had all the time in the world. No one knew they were there, they could have camped there for the next month, but instead, they gave it like 2 minutes, and then decided to charge in like fools to get themselves killed; and worse yet – Sasha then decides to kill herself… You don't come that far in a zombie apocalypse only to check now. Any arguments against this point is only encouraging bad writing – it's as simple as that. It would have made more sense for Negan to have just killed her, and enhanced his profile as a villain…

And, finally, the all main characters (Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, etc.) have all gotten soft or old – victory against the Governor and the Terminus Cannibals has defeated them. There not even the same characters anymore. They're not tough. They're even cool anymore. They're completely lost their edge... it's like I have tuned into a random episode of the Road-runner, and he is being picked apart by Wild Coyote, and thinking, what happened? Up until now, Rick and his team have worked as a single unit – they've been strong, sharp, surgical, organized, and above-all deadly... But ever since their meet the Saviours, they've been stumbling around like idiots. Negan hasn't even seen a glimpse of what Rick is capable of yet, and he always seems to catch Rick with his pants down. You know, enough is enough… Get your sh*t together people…
23 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Bring back Frank Darabont
RedMars201725 October 2017
As Season 8 begins, this has gone from 10/10 to 1/10. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I was hooked on Walking Dead for its first 5 seasons. It was some of the bravest drama on television. It wasn't afraid to kill off main characters when their deaths heightened the drama.

Then came seasons 6 and 7 and suddenly it morphed into The 100 With Zombies. and now on the pilot ep of S8, it's become as badly written and inconsistent as Fear The Walking Dead. That takes some doing. Self-sabotage? I'm not sure, but surely some of the cast must read these scripts and think, "WTF has happened to this show?"

For two seasons now, intelligent characters have done dumb things. Negan has been bulletproof. Rick can shoot a zombie at 100 metres, but can't shoot Negan with a machine gun at 10m.

Zombies now just walk past fallen people. The priest was never in ANY danger. In S1-5, he would have been eaten alive.

This episode has THE MOST COMPLICATED plan - of luring hundreds of zombies for miles toward the Saviors' hideout - when they could have just used guns.

Bullets are in short supply, but that doesn't stop the good guys wasting thousands of them shooting at a building.

Negan is now a bullet-proof cartoon villain who spouts poorly-written T shirt slogans to bore people off the idea of shooting him. Even the Priest, armed with a rifle, can't be bothered to aim it. Despite being brave enough to escape a zombie hoard, the priest is now frozen with fear as Negan steps out of the shadows.

Rick's dream sequence! Why are we now relying on dream sequences to instill some mystery into the drama? You could add a laugh track to that dream sequence of Rick waking up as an old man it wouldn't seem out of place on Saturday Night Live.

TERRIBLE. Another 15 episodes of this. To think what it used to be and what it has become.
22 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Even if you think you do not like this genre WATCHTHIS
arizonamatt127 October 2012
I only recently was talked into watching the first episode by my Daughter as I avoid the Undead, Ghost, Vampire genre. I was blown away! I could not stop watching and had to get EVERY episode! They made 6 episodes year 1 and about 12 year 2, at 42 minutes an episode the entire year 1&2 run time is around 12 hours total and COULD RUN AS ONE 12 HOUR MOVIE, and you would still not wanna leave for popcorn. The end of each episode left me dying for the next one, The writing is incredible, the character development amazing and don't suppose you know who will live or die here cause you will have no idea. The quality makes it seem as if all other series are quaint and boring. I find myself thinking about the next episode every day. VERY WATCHABLE; VERY ENTERTAINING; GREAT GREAT SERIES!!
344 out of 545 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Zzzzzzzzzombies.
Neil C24 October 2017
At the conclusion of the 1st episode of series 8, the enthusiastic TV link lady said "Well. Wasn't that worth the wait!". Well. Actually, no it was not. I've done with TWD. No more. Enough! The dream sequences. Eh??? Awful. And how many more golden opportunities to kill Negan are going to present themselves And weren't the combined groups reduced to having a gun and bullet count in series 7. All of a sudden they've got 1000's of rounds to squander. And squander them they did, because they didn't get any of the saviours as far as I could see. Incredibly dumb and dull.
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
My honest perception
danv8020027 August 2011
So after reading the review "An honest perception" I felt like I needed to write my own review. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, that being said I have to disagree with the reviewer.

So here are the reasons I like the show.

First, character development, this is not usually a very big trait in the Zombie genre. If you only watched 3 episodes, this is a big part of what you watched. They take the time to give you a slight background of the characters, a chance for you to get to know them. For those of us that are big fans of the Zombie genre it gave us a chance to think "Who would I be?" in this situation.

Second, the story doesn't follow a straight line. This was a point of contention in the other review. I personally like the multiple story lines. It keeps things interesting and keeps it from becoming a boring show where I can foresee how everything is going to turn out. And before anyone says it…YES I know this is based off a graphic novel. I haven't read it and will refrain from reading it for a while.

Third, the zombies look and act pretty bad ass. The make up is done great, not a bunch of CGI which is so common in today's world. So anyway…if you aren't a fan of the zombie genre to begin with then yeah, you probably aren't going to get why so many of us love the show. However, I think most fans of the genre will love this show.

So in closing, for those of us who love the genre, It's a weekly dose of zombie apocalypse.

For those that aren't fans of the genre, when the zombie apocalypse happens and you don't know what to do…don't come crying to me and my friends…you'll just slow us down.

On second thought…you may come in handy in case we need to make a hasty retreat…
345 out of 553 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this