IMDb > A Beer Tale (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Beer Tale More at IMDbPro »

Better tthan the average 4.4 score

Author: toopcuk
19 March 2015

Good watchable film with a grounded edge about it. The casting let the film down however. WHY oh WHY did they cast 2 American Jews in the main roles when there are more than enough capable American Irish??? The nepotism in Hollywood killed what would have been an EXCELLENT film. The only casting I would say stood out was that of Zelda Williams mainly because she in certain points is the spit of Her dad Robin. She unlike the two 'main actors' CAN act as well and also unlike them hopefully has a future ahead of her. The Story was Good abut the casting STANK hence i suppose the 4.4 rating!! When will Hollywood LEARN to cast on talent instead of the background of the ''heritage'' of the cast!!!!

Very laid back enjoyable movie

Author: badttboy from United States
6 June 2013

My expectations were not high for this film as I thought it was going to be just another low budget B movie. The actors caught my interest and I decided to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised that after the first fifteen minutes it was able to keep my interest. It was all round good in every aspect. I could find nothing way below standards or annoying about it. I gave this movie an 8 because it stands out a great deal from the rest in it's categories, plus it's an excellent first attempt for the Kunz brothers who have proved to be multi talented from this feature. You do not need millions of dollars to produce an enjoyable film just like millions of dollars can not save a bad movie, but more funding can certainly make a good movies better.

Good

Author: Harriet Deltubbo from United States
28 August 2014

Everything about this film could make anyone laugh. A coming of age romantic comedy centered around the lives of twin brothers Luke and Corey Frankenstein in the months following college graduation. An intelligent script, with direction that does it justice. There is simply so much to love about this movie. I found it entertaining and it left me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. I thought that there was really good chemistry between the two main characters. There are so many wrong things about this film it is useless to count them. Here you will find a bit of realism existing in a delusional world. I can watch this film over and over again.