IMDb > "The Lake" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Lake" More at IMDbPro »

Loads of fun

Author: (dcummins88) from United States
25 July 2010

When I first saw this, i didn't know if it was something worth watching but it turned out to be very intriguing. I honestly didn't know what to expect because the episodes are only like 7-12 minutes in length, but they use the entire time to build a story and the characters. At the end of the first 10 minutes, i was hooked.

The show is very easy to watch and manages to touch teen issues as many shows do these days. it does not have the best acting, but it does have heart and teen angst. overall, it is addicting to watch because the whole season can be viewed in about 2 hours. the pleasant surprise about the show is that while the acting is not Oscar worthy, the kids are actually pretty normal and just trying to get by while having fun. it is one of the most relatable teen shows out there and i am anxiously waiting for further seasons!

Not Horrible

Author: plasticanimalz from United States
14 December 2009

At first I thought this was a promo for a new WB TV series. My initial thoughts were that the main girl is cute, but that this is the poor man's Dawson's Creek with really bad directing, coupled with some bad acting - and that Jason Priestly should never be allowed to direct anything ever again.

By the end of it I realized that it is a web series, and figured if I compared it more fairly to, say, the 90's Mickey Mouse Club shorts, called ??? The Beach...or something like that, or if you compare it to more of your Saturday morning type kids shows... it's not quite as awful. Kind of reminded me of these books called "Couples" I used to read when I was a kid. Very light and fluffy but easy page turners and kind of fun.

So, changing my standards a little, I would actually watch it again.