IMDb > "House M.D." 5 to 9 (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"House M.D.: 5 to 9 (#6.13)"

"House M.D." 5 to 9 (2010)

« Prev | 123 of 176 Episodes | Next »

House is getting better time after time...

Author: Alejo Andrés from Argentina
9 February 2010

I know that a lot of people are going to say that this episode was not really a "House" episode, that it didn't show up many diagnosis and innovating ideas from the genius of Greg House.

But what I like about this season in general is that shows more of the background where Dr. House moves around. Along with episodes like "Broken" and "Wilson" in which we saw more of the issues that House and Wilson have to overcome daily, in this one we could see a little more of Lisa Cuddy and the reason of why she shows herself sometimes distant and busy in another episodes.

A different perspective... the same wonderful show.

It was about time

Author: norea20
10 February 2010

It was refreshing to see the hospital from another point of view. I was getting tired of the old same boring formula. The show is called House but Lisa Cuddy is one of the two people he cares about. I missed more House/Cuddy interaction (the Wilson episode was full of scenes with Hugh Laurie) but Lisa Edelstein carried the episode alone really well. I always wanted to know more about Wilson and Cuddy and this season has given me the opportunity. The happy ending was a little disappointing and the relationship between Lisa Cuddy and Lucas Douglas one of the worst things that could happen to this show. Putting a brilliant and gorgeous dean of medicine with this guy is an epic fail and I still don't buy that relationship. Less scenes with Michael Weston and more with Hugh Laurie would have made this the best episode in a long time. Anyway kudos to the writers and the actress. Well done.

Cuddy's day

Author: dee_pesh from none
10 February 2010

First off - I never comment or review on IMDb, but what prompted me to do it this time was amount of inane reviews I read through (OK, so there were 2 out of 3, but I still think it's too much). What people fail to understand about this episode is that it's the counterpart to "Wilson" back in December - a day at PPTH through someone else's eyes. Yes, we all know Hugh Laurie carries the show, but I think both episodes have a lot of merit for trying to point out that the bigger picture is really not only about House and his crazy (yet brilliant) antics and that he can be what he is only by standing on a solid foundation laid by others (in this case - Cuddy's much mocked administrative work). That a show that's been on air for 6 years can still find fresh angles is a little miracle in itself, so the low IMDb score this episode got is undeserved. What spoiled the episode for me were the last couple of minutes: the cheesy montage, Cuddy's triumphant "Yes" and Lucas (I tried to like him, but I just can't).

Simply Superb

Author: Imdb.Snick_007 from India
12 May 2010

After a long time I found something different to watch in the House Series. We always notice Cuddy to be a good Manager, listening to taunts from House all the time and the way she calmly replies every question forwarded before her.

The episode just shows us how she is simply superb in tackling her day to day problems and go home with a smile on her face.

A day of her regular life as a mother , girlfriend , employer , employee has been shown in this episode , thus making it more special.

This is by far one of the best episodes of House MD. People who think , Cuddy was given a lot of space in this episode, well I would just like to say that it was nice to have some change

Can understand critics, but I loved it.

Author: jgrayson_au from Australia
9 March 2010

I can understand people hating this episode. It's not a normal house episode. Instead of being about House and the medical mystery of the week, this entire episode is from Cuddy's perspective.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. To see from "across the fence" the craziness of the House team, as well as how Cuddy makes the decisions from limited information on the spot, was brilliant. On top of that we got to see the drama in Cuddy's day to day work life. Also it should be mentioned that, for us guys, there were quite a few, shall I say, beautifully framed shots of Cuddy for our viewing pleasure.

I can understand people not liking this episode. People that don't like the Cuddy character, or don't like 'alternative' episodes could probably tune out. There wasn't a great deal of plot advancement and if you missed this episode no great loss.

But for fans of the show, or fans of Cuddy, or simply people wanting to get a more 'filled out' cast, this was quite a good episode.

Loved it!

Author: AlienByChoice from New-Zealand
20 April 2010

I've never commented on episodes of series (any series) before, but House 5 to 9 was absolutely fantastic. It was refreshing, it gave us a different point of view, it demonstrated Lisa Edelstein's acting abilities, and it pushed House into a support role for a change. And by the way - this episode demonstrated to me that the series could easily survive without House, or with House as a secondary character. Cuddy M.D. could become the spin off. No, seriously. Now, I realise that as a parent to a 4-months old I found it easier to relate to some of the problems that Cuddy had to face, even if we put that aside - it was a thoroughly enjoyable episode, different, and much more entertaining than most of the episodes so far this season. 10/10

One of the two episodes I liked this season!

Author: venki-kumar from United States
18 February 2010

The bad ratings for this particular episode is totally unwarranted. First of all, medical mysteries are definitely a significant part of the thrill of watching house, but it is totally an exaggerated claim to say that House is only about those medical jargon, half of which we do not understand. In fact, if House was a genius nerd with no personality to speak of, this show wouldn't have lasted for a season. The real beauty of House, IMHO, is the interplay of Characters and the unique personality that each one of them brings to the show. And that way, dedicating an episode totally to Cuddy and that too in such a refreshing sense is worth appreciating and made an interesting watch. Way to go House! If you have the talent to continue producing such good episodes even after years in business, you are all set to go on for many years to come!

House sidelined

Author: sam_avb from Canada
18 September 2014

I have seen some amazing episodes in season 6 and some terrible ones. But this one goes all the way up in the most terrible episodes. This episode made Mr.Tritter's episodes look like less annoying. While it is good that they showed the episode from Cuddy's perspective it was annoying to see how ungrateful she is towards House. And not only that it is much more annoying to see Cuddy and Lucas. They don't look good. Lucas is increasingly becoming more and more like a hindrance than going with the flow. Their relationship looks more and more disgusting,odd and superficial. It is getting on the nerves of many and I personally feel that way too. The kind of sparks that we find between House and Cuddy when they talk to each other (that is when they show from House's perspective) we don't find them at all from the time Lucas and Cuddy are together. It is getting on the nerves and because of that stupid relationship the hatred towards Cuddy looks justified. This TV series is named as "House" not "Cuddy" or "Foremen". So episodes like this should be left at imagination and never be aired. Wilson is able to decrypt House and his actions in last few episodes but Cuddy has just been ignorant, blind and totally ungrateful to what House has done and is doing. His face tells it all. I am totally disappointed with this episode but I am entertained completely because of House. He is brilliant actor whether it is his comic timing or his pranks. He has the charisma to carry it all with aplomb. Hope the episodes are NEVER like this one. I really want Cuddy and Lucas break up in such a way that he should NEVER return again.

I've seen this happening before...

Author: Smiglaty from Wroclaw, Poland
8 March 2010

..by 'this' I mean the way this season is going. If you recall Ally McBeal, great show by the way, different genre – law, but the principle was the same, a team faced with a task and upon dealing with a particular task we found out more and more about the participants as a whole. In the first four seasons of Ally McBeal it was always the task at hand that pushed the plot forward, then came the last (and in many opinion – the worst) season where the task (if any) was pushed to the background and all the attention was directed to individuals. There was less and less interaction with the others, some characters were gone for a period of few episodes even, just to be back in a form of a guest stars later on…I'm very afraid that it maybe the case here, we already had an episode about Wilson, then Cuddy, not to mention it all started with pilot all about House (which episode I loved, but now I have a perspective). I can't even remember what the last medical mystery was about, in previous seasons I could list them in sequence, that's how important it was. I'm not saying that the show has gone bad, it's still great but something is out of place in my feeling.

Cliché's away!

Author: The_Real_Celsus from United States
26 April 2011

I love the actors and the series...but this was just one long cliché. Showing Cuddy as a supermom and a cliché House in the background. There are some good moments in the episode, but it is not House, it is a bit of a Jump the Shark...what if House was Not House my some other show...you know the ones you do not watch...because you are watching House. I would love to be a writer and I would love to know how bad episodes like this make it past the person who wrote it getting fired on the spot. This is really not a House episode...just some good actors in a lame series. I would have liked to have left it at that, but I need ten lines, so this last sentence is just for that.