IMDb > "Hannity" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hannity" More at IMDbPro »

Attitude subject to political views

Author: John T. Ryan (redryan64@hotmail.com) from United States
29 April 2016

THIS SERIES SUCCEEDED the previously very popular "balanced" by equal parts of conservative and liberal/progressive in HANNITY AND COLMES. That series was doubtless a sort of network concoction, an artificial blending of two men's insights as counterbalance. After years of very successful pairing, an electronic surgery was performed leaving only the name of HANNITY on the FOX News Channel, with Alan Colmes (fine gentleman that he is) left with his FOX syndicated radio talk show.

SEAN IS THAT sort who appears to be unable to stand still very long. In addition to his daily TV show, he balances and coordinates the FOX NEWS CHANNEL activity with his syndicated radio program. Rather than seeming to tax his energy beyond normal, safe and healthy limits, it would appear that his battery gets a super-charge from such a Spartan regimen.

THE ON SCREEN persona that we see is that of an early American pioneer. Sean believes that "pursuit of Happiness" is not only a platitude; but rather the very stuff that America is made on. In seeking to obtain the goals that we have in our self interest, we help to raise the success and general moral tone of our nation.

OUTSIDE OF HIS unapologetic conservatism, one must enjoy HANNITY because of his energetic approach to everything. If one were to look in the dictionary under enthusiasm, there'd be Sean's picture.

This is By Far the Finest Program Ever Put on TV…Yes…and I do Mean Ever

Author: PartialMovieViewer from United States
13 January 2016

I woke today and didn't know what to do. Suddenly an idea popped in my head and – eureka – I decided this would be a great opportunity to troll. Today I would like to address Sean Hannity and his TV show. First of all, Mr. Hannity tells it like it is. There is no doubt in my mind that he is always right and never wrong. Similar to his MSNBC doppelganger, Rachel Maddow, Mr. Hannity defines a unique ideology, anchored in conservative principles. Unlike R.M., he prefers to back arguments up with facts as opposed to glop. I am not saying Maddow's show is not fun to watch, because it definitely is not. Hannity, on the other hand, has a very understanding demeanor and is always willing to surrender his microphone to all opposing views. Sean is patience personified. Oh OK – you caught me – I am trolling right now. Seriously, I think his show is very entertaining and he always has excellent guests appearing on his show. One of my favorite guests has to be Ann Coulter. She is one of the best at defining differences between to two major political philosophies, while never missing an opportunity to jab some fun at those aligning with the left. Another of my favorite visitors to his show (very rarely), is that huge 1 per center, Michael Moore. Moore, the myth-master, can gin up fact-less poppycock faster than a hummingbird can flap its wings…and make it sound all true. This guy is great. Granted, at times, Hannity is a bit repetitive, but I think (my opinion only) he may be trying to turn attic lights on for those short on foresight (in other words, Moore fans.) I recommend this program to one and all.

Not as good as Bill O'Reilly, but a good show.

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
8 April 2011

Hannity is a good show. However, the show is right after the Factor, and is in the shadow of Bill O'Reilly. Hannity is a right wing news show, and argues valid criticism of the left. However, the show is repetitive and can be over critical. The criticism can be over the top. The Factor is more balanced. Hannity is needed for their issues that Sean will present, and argue that other networks will not cover. Sean is willing to tackle tough and controversial topics that many other media members fear. Hannity provides a media balance countering P B S and C N B C news by covering the other end of the news spectrum. I like Hannity, even if I do not agree with the show all the time. I give Hannity a six, or seven out of ten, depending on how I feel about the show. I love The great American panel segment at the end of each show. Bob Beckel and Sean arguing is entertaining.