IMDb > Filth to Ashes, Flesh to Dust (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Filth to Ashes, Flesh to Dust

They had a shotgun but they never used it

Author: the_wolf_imdb from Prague
23 February 2012

This is so pathetic attempt for slasher movie! Big bad white military guy is eliminating the black, the Mexicans, the Portoricans, the junkies, the nerds and basically everyone else.

The bad white racist military guy is like three meters high and has about half a ton of muscles. The attempts of "heroes" to fight him look approximately like the Rammstein music video where the ants try to fight the large beetle. The whole movie is basically a collection of such feeble "combat scenes", plus car transport to the area.

I would seriously like to know why no one ever even tried to use that shotgun that they have been carrying for about half of the movie. Was it only for looks or for walks? What is the point of carrying a gun when all you can do is to hold it and talk or try to beat the three meters high guy with like a half of ton of muscles with it? I cannot even feel sorry for such bunch of losers.

Please, please stop making such crappy movies already! The Slumber Party Massacre from the seventies was better than this. At least it was less boring.

spoiler alert

Author: billybob2010 from Australia
12 April 2013

Also

How does he punch a hole through her stomach.

they run to a car to hide, and he just pops up out of the grass, and nobody see his shadow.

I agree with the shot gun, oh lets just stand here so he can take it, oh I have the shot gun, I will hit him with it. Oh wait lets shot him, damn the gun does not work.

There is so many more crappy parts to this movie, and Eric and that haircut, damn.

The other main girl looks and speaks like she is just forever on drugs, and the so called best friend is an absolute bitch.

No spine

Author: tamimarie228 from Iowa
7 September 2014

This movie is just so much like ten thousand other horror movies. The characters are as dumb as a rocks and can't act. The camera moving all over the place is just annoying. I've seen this type of movie over and over again. At least someone in the movie survives the bad guy, like all other run-of-the-mill horror movies today. This movie was so bad that I was cheering on the ten foot tall killer. I really was hoping that he would get them all. There was this really dumb part where he punched a hole straight through the girl. Didn't she have a spine in her back? Someone didn't think about that when they were writing the script with a crayon. There is nothing original here or anything special about it. There isn't even anything stupid in it like a guy in a bunny suit. It's just a typical, bad horror movie.

Are they F serious???Don't bother!!

Author: emyredrock from England
22 October 2013

I agree with the two bad reviews. This is movie is so bad i want to vomit!! The worst thing about a movie, it's a bad plot; but when you add people who cannot act, it become a waste of time and money!!I have no idea who cast these people especially the girl who cannot talk straight, she sounds drunk all the time, and so annoying and artificial I just wanna slap her in the face, and shout:" get out"! I couldn't watch the first half an hour of the movie, as I saw the cliché of typical teens showing their booty, behaving as morons and that, on the top of some bad acting performance!!"Where the makers of this movie, have left their brain", can trigger your curiosity more than the plot of this movie! In conclusion i just wanna add, I am sick to see stupid young people cast only for their physical attributes, than acting skills, and the usual plot of people get murdered because they go where crimes have been committed,knowing it's a bad idea,but the morons still will go just for the sake of the movie. How many times we have seen the same scenario? Too many to count, and if you are an intelligent person who love movies just stay away from this pile of crap, this movie will just make you mad and frustrated, the bad acting it' s so in your face you won't be able to even watch the first half an hour!! So long to the good days of great B-movies!!

My Review Of "Filth To Ashes Flesh To Dust"

Author: ASouthernHorrorFan from United States
4 August 2013

"Filth To Ashes Flesh To Dust" is a serial killer/slasher flick directed by Paul Morrell. It stars Anton Troy, Meredith Laine, Allison Ochmanek, Armont Casale, Teodorico Paul Sajor, Linda Bella, Nicholas Leinbach and plays on elements of urban legend, culture clash racism and social conflicts within society-all wrapped up in a nice indie slice of slasher driven horror. The killer takes on the prey unrestrained by emotion, unmasked and with vicious brutality. He is faceless and yet he is many faces lurking in our reality which makes this fictional story that more intimidating, chilling and very entertaining.

The story? Purge: To put to death, eliminate what is undesirable. The serial killer known as Purge lived and died by this code. But is he dead? Driving home from a road trip, ERIC and SHELLY take a back road to avoid a traffic jam. They encounter the serial killer Purge. Eric survives but Shelly is murdered. A year later, a group of adventure- seeking high school grads venture to purge's lair. Among them is Eric's brother JUAN. Eric sets out to save his brother, and get revenge on Purge. For the six teens, their imperfections will be the deciding factor if Purge shows them mercy.

"Filth To Ashes" is one of those modern mythos that comes along that manages to create a pretty cool, new, horror legend. The story plays on actual social issues without over thinking the power points or falling apart completely during execution of the plot. It creates an emotional and heartfelt atmosphere that allowed me to connect with the characters –save one- I really didn't get "kick ass-cracked head girl". I got her story and why she was f*cked up, I just didn't get the portrayal of her that way right up till the end. I would have bought her obsession with Purge more if she would have been a bit sober and more realistic. Aside from that aspect the rest was acceptable enough to be convincing personalities in the film.

Now the real thrills. The special effects and action/kill scenes in "Filth To Ashes" hold there own to any contemporary indie horror and had enough chilling intensity to make me feel sad about the character's dead while being thrilled to see the carnage unfold. I am a conflicted horror fan- I want to fear for my characters on screen and yet I want to be thrilled by their death at the same time. The killer in this film is one I would either run from screaming or sh*t myself and die instantly-he was brutal, intense and almost unstoppable. (Sequel news pending). This was a real good horror flick that I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend for any horror fan who likes a slasher flick with just enough story to get us through the kill scenes without falling apart. I compare it to "Laid To Rest" but without a mask.