IMDb > "Lopez Tonight" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Lopez Tonight" More at IMDbPro »

Worse than Mad TV, which is no small accomplishment

Author: acoste2546 from United States
9 February 2011

Worst talk show, or possibly any type of show, ever. Past, present, or future. I used to claim that Mad TV was the least funny show ever, but I have to admit that there are certain skits that I find funny. Rarely if ever do they use intelligent or witty humor, but they can at least occasionally come up with something humorous. I can actually accept that Mad TV is just a different type of humor that some people find funny and I just don't really appreciate it. But I will not accept talk that promotes George Lopez as being funny. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that George Lopez IS NOT funny. I tried to sit through a complete show of his one time. I'll never put myself through that soul draining experience again. It is unwatchable. Knowing that people laugh at his jokes makes me lose hope for humanity. Positive reviews of this show should be reported immediately.

Instead of a numerical rating for this show, I would prefer to give it's rating according to this function:

Rating = y - 10x

y represents the numerical rating for how funny the show is. x represents the number of George Lopez's in the show.

Therefore, the highest that the rating of a show containing one George Lopez could possibly be, is absolute zero. In the case of Lopez tonight, it receives an imperfect rating of -10.

One of the jokes I just heard on his show: "Today in Washington Obama had lunch with some Republicans to talk about fixing the economy. They were getting along great until the checks came."

Waiting for the punch line? That was it...

Case closed.

Awesome Show!!! Too Funny!

Author: Maureen Cain from United States
13 December 2011

I miss this show! It was awesome! What were they thinking when they took it off the air?

I'm from MD and went to LA to watch it live and it was so much fun. George is funny on set and off set. His guest selection was great! I have been to many different talk shows and game shows and this one is ranked the best live taping on my list.

The music on the set played during commercials was great! Moving the air time of the show was a big mistake. I can't believe Conan is still on. I hope another network picks Lopez Tonight up. E! maybe?

I wish George success in his future endeavors! Thanks for the laughs George!

No Surprise

Author: qualityguyftl from United States
10 August 2011

I can't believe his show was on as long as it was. Lopez is a funny guy and his sitcom was OK, but the few times I watched his talk show I was not impressed. He also has a lot of issues around women and gays and that is a big turn off. He's just kinda of a big mouth who used his wife until he got ahead then he dumped her, I think the word tool is appropriate in his case or perhaps he is a closet case? Either way I hope they find something with some entertainment value to put on during that time slot that is not a talk show or a reality show, hell reruns of the Flying Nun would be an improvement! I think the whole late night thing is pretty stale now, I can't stand Leno, Cohen or Kimmell, (how Jimmy got his own show I will never know, I guess he was F;;;ing Ben Affleck.

Rude, insulting, garbage.

Author: Dan Aldridge from Denver, CO, USA
16 November 2009

I never thought that I would be able to make such a quick assessment of a new talent. I saw only about 10 seconds of this show, tonight, and I was able to determine for all time that this individual does not deserve my time.

Too many modern comedians feel that vulgar, abusive language is the only way to be successful. Actually, it is simply a substitute for having something intelligent or witty to say. Well, I don't need this and I know many others who don't want to be subjected to such abuse.

George Lopez used 4-letter words to attack and demean an innocent woman. So much for civil discourse in the free market of ideas.

How does this guy still have a show?

Author: erdrick91 from United States
6 July 2011

I should have known how this show was going to turn out when he had presidential candidate Obama do a promo for his soon to be launched show in 2008.

I've seen 6 shows (7 if you could the one currently playing on TBS) and in EVERY monologue, he has said nothing but great things about Obama. In 4 of the 7 shows, he has said extremely negative things about Sarah Palin.

I did smile one time during these 7 shows. It was the show when one of the guests brought animals out on stage, and one of the animals bit George and drew blood.

It is possible to do a show that doesn't need vulgarity and racism to draw viewers.

Incredible

Author: timtag27 from United States
18 June 2010

Great show Incredibly funny and ventures into new territory, unlike any other talk show. I like its guts and direction. George Lopez is a comedic pro and handles his position with great confidence and poise. However in order to speak to a more broader demographic he will have to have to leave his comfort zone of ethnic based humor.

Some new comers to George Lopez may find him to be a bit aggressive with his monologues but that his just his comedic style, It will take some getting used to. George in contrast to the way he does his monologue greats his guest with great sincerity and seems to have a hospitality unlike any other talk show host, this can prove to make great accidental comedy which is what talk shows feed on.

Awesome, Awesome, AWESOME!

Author: southsideac from United States
30 November 2009

This show is amazing. It takes Late Night shows to a whole new level. I mean sure, Larry King is a God, Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon are awesome, and Jay Leno simply is a badazz and many more... But what they do gets old; First 20 Min's = Jokes about the present (They at least gotta make it entertaining like George!) and what not. I rarely laugh anymore. I watched Lopez Tonight and laughed my ass off, and I haven't laughed to TV shows since, well, can't remember. Also, finally we get a Latino talk show host! Representing my heritage, and I'm damn proud of him! To the haters, keep doing your thing, it's your life. But all in all, this show is awesome, and you know. Live with it.

George f'n owns!