IMDb > "Justified" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Justified"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Justified" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Wonderful!

Author: jen-rivera from United States
12 April 2010

It's been quite awhile since my husband and I have found a show we both immediately liked -- but we both loved Justified immediately! The dialogue is fantastic! I love the back and forth between all of the characters. The history between the characters is rich and full of drama and leaves you guessing.

The episodes are well written and entertaining, but not predictable which is a refreshing change. Timothy Olyphant is amazing in this role! He fits the character perfectly! He's exactly right as the smooth, charismatic US Marshall. He's also proud, loyal, and has a keen sense of morality all packaged up in troubled bundle.

I'm recommending this show to all of my friends!

I would not be surprised if this series won an Emmy.

Author: Jim Porto from United States
23 March 2010

I rarely watch TV, but being such an Elmore Leonard fan I had to see if Justified lived up to Leonard's books. This series appears to be based upon Riding the Rap. Episode 2 actually uses dialog that is taken straight from the book, so I assume Leonard is consulting on this project. The series, at least the first two episodes, captures the wacky but gritty Elmore Leonard style that I love. I disagree about the slowness of pace. I think the series is paced correctly for maximum benefit. Given the cramped style of a 40 or so minute format, I am surprised that they are able to pack in as much as they do. My guess is that the series will be one long exposition of the book, which is fine with me since I am always sorry when I come to the end of an Elmore Leonard novel. If the script and the visual effects didn't capture my mental image of Leonard's novels, then I would not watch.. But the writers, directors and in particular the actors...all of them...have nailed Elmore Leonard. This is far better than Get Shorty. It has the grittiness and the fidelity missing in that movie. I would not be surprised if this series won an Emmy.

'Justified' - fun, fresh, intelligent

Author: mbrid1214402 from United States
17 March 2010

A co-worker and I are fans of FX's Sons of Anarchy. He told me about this show after seeing it advertised and urged me to record it. I'm glad I did. I found the premiere episode refreshingly intelligent, subtlety comedic, and engaging.

Timothy Olyphant truly fits the role and expertly portrays Raylen Givins, a US Marshal with a flare for the attitude and historical respect expected (and required) of the position reminiscent of a Texas Ranger.

His Marshal authenticity and brand of justice leads him back to his hometown where he endears old friends and confronts new enemies while sidestepping questions of his dubious past and kin.

The story is fun and believable except for some legal proceedings regarding a recently widowed woman, but otherwise delivers very well and provides for good previews.

Lastly, I discovered that this show is based off a novel by Elmore Leonard. Leonard is the talent behind such movies as "Get Shorty" and "Be Cool," among others, that I revere as favorites. I was pleased to see that a show with his name in the credits is also praiseworthy.

Raylen Givins is a great character

Author: vajbrady from United States
17 March 2010

I was a bit skeptical about this show based on a couple of the previews that I saw (I am so over the Matrix/300/Spartacus slow motion fight scenes), but I liked Tim Olyphant on season 2 of Damages so I thought I would give it a try. I really liked the first episode. Raylen Givins is a complete bad a**! It is well written and had several great lines that made me pause and rewind. The secondary characters were also interesting. I especially liked Raylen childhood friend turned Neo-Nazi, Boyd. I hope that each episode uncovers more about Raylen and what makes him tick. Give Justified a watch and you won't be disappointed.

"Justified"

Author: afordablegirl-ford from United Kingdom
15 May 2010

Both my husband and I really enjoyed "Justified" we just happened on it by chance.The characters are really good and the underlying humour is fantastic. It reminds us of old Clint Eastwood cowboy movies Good man sorting out the baddies but not a saint. Loved the transporting of the prisoner in the 2nd episode! Not so keen on his hangdog relationship with ex wife but as that is only a tiny part so far can get over it. We like his colleagues the laid back way they go about their jobs, "do you want me to wing him or kill him?" This is how TV shows should be, entertaining, this one is marked on the Calendar so as not to miss it. I have not come across Timothy Olyphant before and if this is typical of his talent I will look out for him.

Truly enjoy this show!

Author: fastfordfemale39 from United States
18 May 2010

I was very impressed with the show. Excellent casting choices and the characters interaction is fun to watch. Raylan gives law enforcement a good name. He's humble, honest, sexy and a force to be reckoned with, what a combination! The episodes are fresh and well written. Tim is perfect in this role which showcases his acting abilities perfectly. Looking forward to many more seasons of this fine show. Absolutely love the setting and premise being more of a small town feel. I will definitely buy this series when it comes out on DVD. I have recommended this show to family and friends. Kudos to Tim and all involved in the making of Justified. Just what TV viewers needed a thoughtful and smart series thats well worth watching.

Deep, Complex and Quirky and Strangely Humorous

Author: DLPOppo from United States
26 March 2012

My wife and I received a recommendation from friends who pretty much know our movie taste, but I was skeptical. The whole idea of a modern day "cowboy" in Kentucky strained credulity, at least on the surface.

We were told to be sure to watch the episodes in order....well it's season 3, so that was going to be a bit of a problem. Fortunately we found Seasons 1 and 2 at big box store and that night we put on the pilot (2 hours). All I can say is "wow"! The complexity and wide variety of the characters is breathtaking. The story lines are often interdependent, and the weaving in and out of long term consequences for short term decisions can be a real roller coaster ride.

The show is violent, not gory, but certainly violent. It is balanced by a lot of humor and the dialog is second to none. I haven't seen a show with such crisp use of dialog since MASH.

I'm amazed that both my wife and I really like the show equally. Usually there is a stronger preference for one show or another between us, but not so for Justified. One comment from my wife really stuck with me: "I'm not sure how they manage to make a bad guy (Boyd), appealing." Considering what he has done, and the life he has chosen, I can't figure it out myself, either.

The same could be said of many of the characters in this show. Quirky characters, superb dialog and interesting story lines make for a very pleasant viewing experience, if (and only if), you don't mind violence.

One Smooth Ride

Author: kbuttstadt from United States
24 April 2010

Justified is another fine entry into FX's stable of shows. As a fan of both crime fiction & serialized television, this has been on my radar for some time. First, the story is wonderfully structured & grounded in reality (It helps when you shoot on location & cast actors that actually feel like they belong there) The U.S. Marshalls & their multiple duties have always been a great source for story-telling, and this is no different. Second, the cast is perfect for this type of slow-burn law enforcement story. Timothy Olyphant once again nails the 'cowboy' role we've seen him in before(Deadwood, The Crazies). He runs the risk of being type-cast; but if he's always this good in these types of roles, who cares? The rest of the cast is rounded-out by some familiar & not-so-familiar faces, and the whole of them seem to bring their A-game to this project. The third reason this show is quality is the production value. Everything from the costumes(I love the cowboy hat) to the locations & the music have all been perfectly fitting with the story & the characters. This show also sneaks up on you a little bit, once you think Justified isn't 'edgy' enough for FX, something happens to change your mind. It's only similar to the other FX crime shows in that it centers around a really angry guy. I hope Justified & FX continue to pleasantly surprise me.

You should be watching this show

Author: WrongSinner from United States
27 March 2012

This is the most refreshing show I have found in a long time. When so much on TV falls into one box or another, Justified makes its own way.

This has one of the strongest casts on television. Many of the recurring actors were written for only a few episodes. Then, they created such dynamic characters, they have been brought back time and again. Walton Goggins and Tim Olyphant (as well as their supporting cast) are sincerely underrated as actors. They carry every scene they are in and when they are together, it is impossible to turn away.

There is a wit and humor to this show. It keeps you on the edge of your seat with suspense and then will zing a one-liner at you. I've never laughed and cringed so much in my life.

I am so glad this was renewed for a fourth season and it is the only show I care about watching.

If you are going to check it out, make sure you watch whatever season you pick from the beginning. Season one had many stand alone episodes. However, season two and season three involved complex plots that slowly burned into sensational finales. If you try to jump into the middle you may not enjoy it because of the subtle complexities in the plots.

Please check it out because it is one of the best dramas on television with a sensational cast.

If you like Sons of Anarchy, watch Justified!

Author: Scott Estes from United States
20 April 2010

Great stuff. I thought I would have to wait until September for the return of "Sons of Anarchy" for Tuesday nights to be worth staying home and sitting in front of the TV. I was wrong. This show is well written and acted. Timothy Olyphant gives Raylen Givens character just the right amount of cockiness to make him likable yet feared. I'd like to see more interaction with his father in future episodes. Raymond Berry is a great actor and perfectly cast as Arlo Givens. Also, Walton Goggins gives "Justified" a true villain that everyone can fear and his acting is another good reason to watch this show. He was great in "The Shield". Hopefully, the writers will find a way to keep him in future episodes.

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]