U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is a modern day 19th century-style lawman, enforcing his brand of justice in a way that puts a target on his back with criminals and places him at odds with his bosses in the Marshal service. That conflict results in a reassignment for Givens to the U.S. District covering the town where he grew up. He is an anachronism - a tough, soft spoken gentleman who finds his quarry fascinating, but never gives an inch. Dig under his placid skin and you'll find an angry man who grew up hard in rural Kentucky, with an outlaw father, who knows a lot more about who he doesn't want to be than who he really is. Written by
Did You Know?
, who plays Marshal Raylan Givens, also starred in the HBO series Deadwood
as Sheriff Seth Bullock. Several other actors that appeared in 'Deadwood' make guest appearances in 'Justified':
- W. Earl Brown, who played "Dan Dority" in "Deadwood", plays a prisoner who takes two officers hostage in the Marshal's office;
- Sean Bridgers ("Johnny Burns") as a would-be assassin of a judge;
- Peter Jason ("Con Stapleton") plays an art collector;
- Ray McKinnon (Rev. Smith) plays an assassin sent from Miami to kill Raylan;
- Brent Sexton ("Harry Manning") plays a sheriff who helps Givens;
- Pruitt Taylor Vince ("Mose Manuel") plays a pawn shop owner with ties to the Dixie Mafia;
- Jim Beaver ("Ellworth") plays Shelby, a mining operation manager, who then becomes Boyd Crowder's man for sheriff;
- Stephen Tobolowsky ("Hugo Jarry") plays Special Agent Barkley, an FBI agent who has an adversarial relationship with Raylan;
- Gerald McRaney ("George Hearst") plays Josiah, a former cohort of Arlo Givens on house arrest
Raylan Givens... I seen you and your big hat on TV the other day.
How'd it look?
"Long Hard Times To Come"
(Title Theme) (uncredited)
Written by Rench
Performed by Gangstagrass
featuring T.O.N.E-z See more