IMDb > Good Cop, Baby Cop (2007) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Good Cop, Baby Cop (V) More at IMDbPro »

A joke that somewhat works for (under) 4 minutes

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
2 July 2017

"Good Cop, Baby Cop" is a 4-minute live action short film from 2007, so this one has its 10th anniversary this year and you could perhaps call it a poor man's version of "The Landlord", another really well-known sketch by Funnyordie. But first things first. This one here was made by Adam McKay and Will Ferrell, who both also appear in front of the camera here playing the major grown-up characters. This is the story of a badass criminal who refuses to sign a confession, but then The Confession maker / The Confession Machine is brought in, then things take a turn for the worse for the (not so) bad (anymore) guy. This was done with the help of McKay's daughter and some clever editing, but honestly the joke gets pretty old and I do believe that it is inferior to "The Landlord" and I can see why the latter is more famous, more popular. The bad guy in this one here quickly realizes that the cop investigating him (the baby girl) is actually insane and eventually confesses if they take her away from him. That's the entire story. Good for 2 minutes maybe, but for 4 it already feels like it is missing something for me to give it a thumbs-up. Only worth checking out if you really love "The Landlord" and not just liked it like I did.