IMDb > "Archer" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Archer"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Archer" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Wow! Just ... Wow!

Author: dkbengel from Dallas, TX
17 September 2009

Having just seen the special sneak preview of 'ARCHER' on the FX network, I have to say that this was possibly the most entertaining, most ribald, most disturbing and just plain hysterical thirty minutes of television I have ever seen. Think 'Venture Brothers' meets James Bond meets a truck load of self-obsessed heroine addicts and you'll begin to get an idea of what awaits us all in January when this series comes to the masses in prime time. Fans of H. Jon Benjamin will love him as he brings his own dead pan cadence to Sterling Archer, a character that is arguably the most narcissistic is television history. The writing is quick and sharp, the animation is stylized and hip and the laughs come faster than you can catch them.

In short, watch for this amazing show to come to your TV in January and prepare to be amazed. Seriously, watch this show!

Epic new comedy!

Author: greendaylink from United States
6 February 2010

Archer is quite possibly the funniest show on television, rapid fire jokes about whore island, a hungry hungry hippo, and baby crazy ex girlfriends, all that plus the brilliance of stir Friday. I am a total TV alchoholic and this show is incredibly funny. Though there is a slight issue with the comedy, if you take yourself too seriously and or you can't laugh at sheer stupidity the show might not be for you. Anyways you won't know if you like the comedy or not without watching and episode yourself. So I strongly incourage everyone to sit down watch an episode or two and I bet you will be rolling on the floor due to the doucheness that is Sterling Archer. Alright Andy I know the fact that arrested development got canceled still hurts but it doesn't mean you should start bashing a different kind of comedy. Archer is incredibly funny, and yes it is basic raunchy humor, but it is the sheer ridiculousness of each situation that allows the comedy to turn in literal loll. so open your mind laugh at a Russian roulette joke and enjoy the brilliant stupidity that is Archer.

Don't miss this one

Author: marktcards from United Kingdom
17 February 2010

I don't normally feel the need to add my 2 cents to the review pages here but Archer has motivated me to do so.

This is definitely one of the best animated comedy series I've seen in a while and had me laughing all the way through; if anyone can make being a real s**t funny then it's Archer. I'm not familiar with Jon Benjamin who supplies Archer's voice but he's perfectly cast and his comic timing is spot on. The rest of the cast is strong too, especially Chris Parnell who's voice I immediately recognised from his very funny Dr Spaceman (or Spe-che-man) in 30 Rock.

In a world where other offerings are losing their shine (Family Guy, American Dad and even South Park are not as fresh as they used to be and of course the Simpsons jumped it's shark years ago) Archer shows that there's still plenty of good material being written out there.

Excellent show

Author: Willtur from Phoenix AZ, USA
1 October 2009

I was a fan of the hit and miss show Sealab and later on Frisky Dingo which was less hit and miss and quite entertaining. If you like rank shows. I am also a fan of Venture Bros and I don't see how you cant draw the similarities between the two. I am also happy to see Jon Benjamin get some steady voice work and he was great in Dr Katz and Home Movies. I would recommend it to anyone to watch the first episode before making your judgment. This is the best pilot I have seen in a while and usually their pretty lame even on shows I think have promise.

The show involves a super spy whose boss happens to be his mother. He has an ex lover as a fellow spy that is currently dating some guy in accounting. You have a blabby HR lady and some other people thrown into the mix like a secretary who is in love with Archer. The situations and under the breath comments are laugh out loud to me and my friends. I can't wait for more.

hilarious! i haven't met someone who hasn't agreed

Author: dalearyous from United States
19 February 2010

finally a funny entertaining show! lately it seems the other short 30 min comedy shows have become lazy and stale. and with south park not starting for another month i was very happy to find this show down right hilarious from start to finish. sure its simple. but the characters are so funny and its pretty well written.

the humor comes quickly and many times unnoticed. i have watched every episode at least twice. i like the style of animation and the voice acting is well done. they have also had some big actors show up as voices of minor roles. Thomas Lennon showed up as a gay guy (big surprise).

Anyway, everyone should at least watch the first five episodes. 100 minutes of enjoyable chaos.

What an absolute treat.

Author: Marinerman1979 from Puyallup
9 February 2010

This show caught me off guard. I dismissed it without giving it a chance at first, but then went ahead and watched it on demand. I am sure glad that I did. Archer is an over the top raunchy fest based on the doings of a supposed spy firm. You have Sterling, an insecure guy who thinks very little, does very many, and says just enough to keep us laughing...mainly because he is so stupid. You have Malory, an unhappy boss who loves an enemy, hates being Sterling's mom at times, and has shown more than once to be off her rocker. You then have Lana(L-a-n-a), Sterling's Ex who isn't over Sterling. She is also a no nonsense, ass whipping babe. This show nails it. I highly recommend it.

Archer is magically raunchy

Author: athomed from United States
15 January 2010

In only 22 minutes, Archer gets away with referencing dirty sex every scene, showing off the backside of a woman with the sting of a ping pong paddle still red, and being a very funny, witty new show! It gets away with them because it is funny and also happens to be animated. The animation really works with the style of the show.

Who said comedy is best when it's offending at least one body of people? There's something for everyone to love in this show and probably something for everyone to hate in this show. The first episode I saw last night was very promising. I haven't seen a quirkier show in a long time. It really moves to the beat of its own drum. The pace is very fast and what struck me was, besides the absurd situations and hilarious dialog, the basic plot line has actually been very coherent and interesting.

Don't miss this show. It's got a lot going for it.

Ultimate Television Entertainment!

Author: vod_kao from Bulgaria
8 May 2011

This show is the best thing that's happened to modern day TV. It is animated, yet hits serious topics right at the spot. It makes it look like a kid's show, but definitely with adult situations, which is great. The characters are light and well situated. The dialog is outrageously funny and naughty, containing serious amounts of irony and masked profanities. The plot of the show revolves around a secret agency (ISIS) and the relations between the people working there. The main character is the confident, arrogant and self-involved, yet not that adequate secret agent Sterling archer - a handsome hedonist man, that never cares about anyone but himself. Hilarious. 10/10

great. very funny.

Author: mudvaynelife24 from United States
30 January 2011

if you don't like this show, then you have no sense of humor or you take your movies and TV shows far too seriously. this is a very funny and in your face comedy. lots of laughs, stupid jokes, just impossible situations. all of this creates an out of this world event. the premise if just a ridiculous secret agency that never gets the right things done. Archer is just a high school jock that never grew up. i showed this show to a few friends who'd never heard of it and we continued to rewind just to hear the jokes because they were just too funny. these jokes take it right to the edge without ever stepping over the line. its a must see for adults who still love their teenager side.

Looking forward to season 2

Author: bmactennis from United States
28 October 2010

I like this show, it's one of my favorites from last season and I'm looking forward to Season 2. As far as animated shows go, it's pretty much the only one I watch regularly. Family Guy is OK, I'm bored with the Simpsons, can't stand South Park, and really haven't watched that much animation since I was kid watching Space Ghost and the Herculoids. (Loved those rhinos that shot the pellets!) The guy who does the voice of Sterling is perfect. The adult-themed comedy is basic, sophomoric, but that's what makes it funny. I guess if you're not intellectually challenged as some people assert then this show may not be for you. So, don't watch it. I'd rather miss a Mensa society meeting than miss an episode of Archer. It's a lot more fun, and a lot less pretentious.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]