IMDb > "Blue Murder" Private Sins: Part 2 (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Blue Murder" Private Sins: Part 2 (2009)

« Prev | 19 of 19 Episodes

The real story behind domestic violence

Author: reaymeister
10 June 2015

The plot is complex and rightly so, as it is one of the very few that reveals the role of a woman in domestic violence. It shows how gentle men can become victims, apparently violent, and how society is so unwilling to take a serious look at women who are very often the real perpetrators of the violence. This story is a common one, we see men turning to drugs, becoming angry, and committing suicide after being stripped of all they have loved and worked for while the women claim, and are given, victim status as though it is their unquestionable right. I find it beyond belief that there is no sustainable research into the processes of domestic violence. Society is too quick to blame men, It is simply wrong, unjust and there should be more popular programs like this that explore this major problem in our society. I write as a concerned female.

The real story behind domestic violence

Author: reaymeister
9 June 2015

Saving the best (of the season) for last

Author: gridoon2016
23 September 2011

DCI Janine Lewis and her team are interrupted from their celebration of a major success in Shap's career to investigate the bloody murder of a Belarusian private investigator in a car park. Chief suspects include his boss (an ex-cop), the owner of a cab company that he was frequently using (also an ex-cop), and his female partner - and compatriot. But Shap seems to be having his own agenda, and carrying his own private investigation - what's his connection to the case?

The Season 5 - and Series - finale of "Blue Murder" indicates the way in which the series could possibly have continued without going stale: increasing the level of personal involvement of at least one of the team members in the case at hand. Nicholas Murchie has his finest moments as Shap in this episode, while guest star Vera Filatova is absolutely stunning. The story is the most complex of this season, and although its one major twist can be seen coming quite clearly after a point (because it is the ONLY possible twist), this episode does provide interesting insight into a rather unusual phenomenon. *** out of 4.