IMDb > "Underdog to Wonderdog" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Underdog to Wonderdog" More at IMDbPro »

Rescued dogs

Author: Ritag2 from United States
17 October 2010

If you like stories with happy endings, you will love this show. All of the dogs on this show have had a very hard start in life, and have been rescued from the street, a shelter or a puppy mill.

They are taken by the four people who appear on this program, and they are cleaned up, trained (especially housebroken) and matched with people who have homes and lifestyles that are compatible with each individual dog.

For some reason each dog also has a custom made dog house built for him by the carpenter on the show. He even built a portable one on a trailer for a couple who adopted a dog from Iraq and lived in a RV. I am not sure why anyone (person or dog) needs to have these very large, elaborate dog houses, but it is always interesting to see what is built.

I really enjoy this and am really impressed by the effort made to give these dogs a new lease on life. I haven't seen it on the Animal Planet for several months, and I hope it will be continued in the near future. If they play it in reruns and you haven't seen it before, be sure and watch.