IMDb > The Tale of Little Puppetboy (2008) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Tale of Little Puppetboy (V) More at IMDbPro »Sagan om den lille Dockpojken (original title)

"What a shame, Brian"

Author: Rectangular_businessman from Peru
1 December 2012

"The Tale of Little Puppetboy" is a very weird Swedish claymation short, which has a very rough animation style, with hideous-looking characters which were only able to make the most basic kind of movements. However, I found the sequences involving the television film version of Ivanhoe from the eighties to be strangely beautiful in a weird manner, or at least much more visually appealing than the actual animation from the rest of the short...Which to be honest I don't find to be bad, disregard of the incredibly ugly and unappealing appearance of the characters.

The story (divided in four chapters) was somewhat interesting and it ended in a completely unexpected manner. I also liked the flute music included in this animation.

What I don't understand is why IMDb labels as a "family" short, when it contained nudity and sexual content, and it was pretty clear from the beginning that "The Tale of Little Puppetboy" was NOT aimed aimed at children. It must be some kind of mistake, I think