IMDb > Bridesmaids (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 46: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Gross and Unfunny!

Author: dougandwin from Adelaide Australia
18 April 2013

I had to brace myself to sit through this Film, as I had read some reviews that actually had praised it, and it was a very long two hours to endure what has to be described as one of the most sleazy movies I have yet seen. The attempts at humor mostly concerned pooping/farting/belching and vomiting, so if that is anyone's idea of a comedy then this is for you! The Wedding shop bathroom scene was the most distasteful of a bad lot, while the Airplane sequence was so unbelievable and overlong, and the other so-called "highlight" was the "hens' do" that was so badly staged and overacted that the most predictable ending could not come quick enough! I was so sad to see such a great actress as Jill Clayburgh having to lower her standards to take a role in this disaster.

Simply put: My most hated film of all time

Author: frenzy227 from United States
30 January 2012

You ever have that movie that everyone loved and you despised with every fiber of your being? That's this movie for me.

Something I've noticed in reviews for this film is that the word "funny" keeps popping up. Yet no one can name WHY this movie is funny. They just say that it is and we're supposed to take their word for it.

I'm a man and I found this movie horrendously unfunny and miserable. It's not like the premise is unfunny, so why isn't it registering with me? For me, the movie fails because it only focuses on the negative aspects of these shenanigans. It only shows how these events affect our hero in a BAD way. This isn't funny, it's just depressing.

I don't know who would like this film, and the people I do know who like it can't explain why. I'm not saying it's the worst film ever made, but it's MY most hated. It is one of two films where I honestly considered walking out and asking for my money back.(The other being the 2010 version of Alice In Wonderland)

Really?! People love this movie?

Author: TheCreatureFeature from United States
16 December 2011

This finally arrived in Netflix and I'm so very glad we didn't actually spend any money on it. The BF and I watched this movie and at two separate parts, we literally stopped the DVD, looked at each other and said, "This is really the movie everyone was talking about this summer? Do we even want to keep watching it? Does it eventually get better?" We continued on and we kept waiting for that "scene/point" of the movie when it suddenly hit its' stride but that never came.

The sole focus is not about a group of girls partying before a wedding but really about how much the main character's life sucks. I feel like we were supposed to be laughing at her misfortunes but it all came across as pathetic and made me feel depressed more than anything else.

The only highlight was Melissa McCarthy's character; but,as I already stated, it was hardly an ensemble cast movie about the group of "Bridesmaids". I would have loved to have seen more McCarthy, Kemper and McLendon-Covey. They are all fantastic comedic actresses that stroll in and out through the movie; but, (aside from McCarthy) are characters with no real substance.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the incredibly bizarre sub-plot with the roommates.

flush it.

Author: popart-1 from United States
28 November 2011

my wife and I sat through this very very unfunny movie absolutely unable to understand what anyone found appealing in it. it was unfunny in so many ways as to define description. I don't ever even want to know anyone who liked this movie. The movie was as ugly as the bride's dress and all i can say is that i am happy for all the actors who didn't get to do this movie. I am sorry but vulgar material is vulgar and guess what not really funny. vulgar it is not funny with guys and not funny with women or children. vulgar is called vulgar because it is crude and unfunny. and profanity from children does not leave people rolling in the isles either. disrespectful and course language is not a million laughs ( hello Mr Aptow ) to most folks so why do we have to listen to it in movies.

I don't get this movie.

Author: Karen Cat from United States
28 September 2011

Having heard how funny this movie was, I bought the DVD and was very sorry I did. I bought it thinking it was going to be a female "Hangover" and it wasn't. The humor in it was very crude, which isn't something I really care for. If you like fart, puke, and poop humor, you will probably love it.

I thought the previews were very misleading. It it is basically about a woman going through a really bad time in her life, and we are all supposed to find that funny. I didn't.

Sure, there were a few funny parts, but not that many. Many scenes just left me feeling "icky".

biggest let down in a while.

Author: chatte027 from United States
25 September 2011

I was so so excited for this movie, I was sure it was going to be hilarious. But at the end I was left somewhat disgusted and severely disappointed. This movie fell into the ever growing group of movies that claimed to be " as funny as the hangover!", and what a surprise, like all the others, its not. This movie did have a few funny moments, I can't lie. Also a cast of great actors who played their various characters really well. But the story line seemed sorely lacking material and dimension, which they seemed to try and make up for/cover up with really long scenes. They would consist of a couple jokes that stretched on and on, It constantly got to the point where if a scene started and I was laughing or interested by the end I was just left wondering how long this movie was and when somethings going to happen. I don't know what everyone else finds so hilarious, but I'm passed drawing on magazines or books making the cartoons and models poop like I did when I was seven, and I graduated high school a few years ago, so I feel like I've heard all these sex jokes before. So all in all this movie just wasn't for me.

Laughing gene really switched off for this film!!

Author: fcl2 from Australia
19 June 2011

Having read the other reviews - I was wondering if I had seen the same film!! Went with 3 girlfriends - and all 4 of us found this film absolute rubbish!! One girlfriend said she couldn't stand it and left around 30 minutes. I thought I would give it a bit more time, but when the remaining 2 also said they couldn't stand it, I concurred, and we all left. So no - we could not give a review of ALL the film. We gave it 48 minutes - that was all be could tolerate. And believe me, our little group likes a good laugh and have enjoyed some great funny films. This is NOT one of them. Sorry - but I HATED this film - just awful

Why did Paul Feig direct this aimlessly wandering script?

Author: ofdreams from United States
15 May 2011

This film has multiple personality disorder. There are some genius moments and scenes, but they are drowned out by extreme, crass, predictable, over-the-top scenes full of stale gags. Many honest, well-written, amazing conversations and lines just float ungrounded in the wacky framework, or is the wackiness ungrounded in the dramedy framework??? . . . the honesty and closeness of the main relationship becomes unbelievable and subsequently the "realness" base of the film loses all credibility.

In spite of not enjoying the move overall that much, I think Wiig is a genius on screen and I hope to see her in something great with a different writing/directing/producing team.

Lastly, I cannot believe Paul Feig directed this! Almost all of what he has directed and produced demonstrates his mastery of comedy with depth and nuance, so intelligent and insidious it surprises and wins you over. Freaks and Geeks is one of the BEST TV shows ever.

45 minutes too long, 2 hours you'll never get back...

Author: iKramerica-1 from Los Angeles
25 October 2011

First, this movie is a very shallow comedy. No comedy of this nature should be over 2 hours. It means that the funny parts are far too spread out to keep momentum, and shines too much light on the generic, contrived story we've all seen before. There were a few funny scenes and lines (all of them in the trailer), and the rest was BORING. Watched with my wife this past weekend and we both were very disappointed as we had been wanting to see this movie for months. I'm certainly glad we didn't spend $25 on it, and even free (on the video player they provided on our United Airlines flight) it was still a waste of time. There were other movies to choose from and we feel duped into watching this one. We even stopped watching the lame Cars 2 to watch this, and I kind of wish I had watched the end of that one instead. Considering how bad Cars 2 was, that really says something. I'd give this a 1, but I like most of the cast and they all had their moments, but this movie answers the question: "what happens when you stick some of the funniest comic actresses of the year into one movie? You get a mess..."

Painful

Author: jithendr1984 from London, England
19 July 2011

Went to watch this with my girlfriend, I expected this to be good.

The only funny/fitting character in this movie the the large girl.

Some of the characters are mildly entertaining but the main character really cannot act. There really is no story line here, its quite predictably trying to implement a female version of 'The hangover' and failing.

I found it hard to understand why some people were laughing for some bits of this movie, I believe it may be tuned to a very American sense of humor.

I can't remember the last time I paid to see such bad acting. The movie is overall quite depressing and painful.