IMDb > Bridesmaids (2011/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 49: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

this was one of the stupidest movies I've seen in quite some time, and the local paper rated it five stars. I loved "The Green Lantern," and this was rated only 2.5 stars.

Author: damianbo from United States
20 June 2011

I was very disappointed; I bought into the hype surrounding this movie and found it to be one of the stupidest movies I've seen in quite some time, and the local paper rated it five stars. We were ready to leave after the first twenty minutes but having already spent our money decided to stay and watch on the chance it would get better.....no chance. I absolutely loved "The Green Lantern," and the local paper rated that only one star. I think perhaps someone may have mixed up the ratings. Or it could be that my generation (mid-fifties) expects some value for their money,and doesn't need to be told what to like or dislike. We're not lemmings....But that's what passes for entertainment today, I guess....

Really Disappointed

Author: derlaine from United States
26 September 2011

Really disappointed in this movie. I loved Hangover, Superbad, The Office, Blades of Glory, etc, but this movie was not that funny.

The whole movie is about a loser character being jealous and petty about her best friend's wedding. Instead of being happy for her new life and doing everything she can to make her wedding wonderful, she spends the whole time being jealous that other girls are prettier, richer and throw better parties than her. She only warms up to her "rival" when the rival looks uglier than her. Wow, how shallow can you get?

To top it all off, the humor is not outstanding. There are about 2 good lines in the whole movie, and the slapstick is not outrageous enough that it's special.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Author: Thomas Evensson from Ljusdal, Sweden
19 November 2011

I could go on and on about this movie and how bad every aspect of it is. I won't, because others have covered it to perfection; the plot is beyond dumb, the actors are terrible and there's absolutely No. Humor. At. All. in this movie (unless you happen to laugh at girls farting, belching, throwing up). One-dimensional characters that lead lives that are so far from reality it's amazing. Take for instance Annie (Wiig) and her job at the jewelery store... I assume talking to the customers like she does is supposed to generate laughter. It doesn't, believe me.

Drop your tickets/rentals and take two steps back!

And yes, my wife hated it as well.

Downright Awkward

Author: Mike Fennemore from Cherry Hill, New Jersey
24 April 2012

Marketed as a female version of " The Hangover," "Bridesmaids" is far in comparison. ON the one hand you have a movie about four friends who drink themselves into the most elaborate, dangerous, and hilarious situations; all while completely unaware of what is occurring. Then you have "Bridesmaids."

Where do we begin? From the beginning of the film you just feel bad for the main character. You watch her daily routine and social interactions like a fly in the wall and just feel... awkward. It's awkward, because you almost feel embarrassed for her. Kristen Wiig's character is bitter and unpleasant and never lends herself to be liked. Even when you feel bad for her, it's hard to sympathize because her problems stem off of her simply unlikable personality. She finds herself in awkward situations that are simply the result of her own bitterness.

Thefilm does lend itself to some isolated laughs, with several "caricature" characters that lighten up the awkward, distilled, feeling that is the rest of the film. THe most likable role is played by actor Chris O'Dowd, and you honestly feel bad for him. He's a genuinely nice guy who once again falls victim to the main character's bitter nature. The isolated comedy, comedic characters, and O'Dowd's character are the only things that saved this film from being completely terrible.

If you like "The Hangover" and "Wedding Crashers" do not expect the same out of "Bridesmaides."

Disgusted

Author: beefvonhaggard from United States
22 November 2011

This was just about the worst movie I ever had to watch, will induce mental illness and suicidal thoughts. Your eyes may become permanently rolled back. "A chick flick for dudes" no... its a long horrible waste of time. The story line and acting is an abomination. Kristen Wig not funny, Maya Rudolph dumb, Jessica St. Clair dumb, Melissa McCarthy obnoxious at best along with every other actor in this movie. clichés, douchebag clichés, lousiness, phoniness, crap acting, waste of money, crap script, crap directing. Can't imagine why iwright84 seems to enjoy this demoralizing horse turd so much? I personally wanted to commit self immolation during this movie. Ashamed I ever watched it.

Don't bother wasting your time.

Author: david-sarkies from Australia
23 September 2011

This movie was rubbish. I absolutely hated it, and since it was the last movie that I watched on the plane as I returned from Europe before I arrived home in Adelaide, so it was a rather disappointing end. Anyway, somebody told me that it was like the feminine version of 'The Hangover' and thus my expectations were that it would be a group of women getting up to all sorts of trouble in Las Vegas. However, that was not the case.

I am simply going to say that this is a chick flick with a few fart jokes thrown in to keep the guys amused. Now, I don't mind chick flicks, however they have to be of a very high quality. This movie is not. Basically it is the story of a woman (Annie) that goes through the movie feeling sorry for herself. She has a pointless job (her business had gone bankrupt), is not married (and the only guy that she sees is what one would call a friend with benefits), and basically has no money. However, her best friend (Lillian) is getting married, and she is introduced to her other friends, and suddenly decides that she must compete with another woman for Lillian's approval. However, it is clear that the other woman is not even trying and it is simply because Annie has a very low self esteem.

This movie begins with sex, and that is something that is going to put me off, and it is casual sex at that. Now, a clever movie would open (like this film) with grunts making people think of sex, and then it turns out to be something completely different. That is clever. This movie is far from clever (though that are a couple of amusing moments, though for a two hour long movie, it is a long time to wait for something funny to happen). I personally have no sympathy for the main character, though I guess this is the point of this film, that is for her to come to realise that she is the cause of all her problems.

However that is another American concept that I don't like (not to say that the Australians are any different) and that is that we are responsible for all our problems, and if our life is bad then it is our own fault. Okay, for those of us living in a middle class lifestyle, that may be the case, but it is not always. Take for instance the child born into a poor family in a poor neighbourhood who has no choice but to go to a school that is little more than a glorified day care centre, I would hardly say that this child's problems is entirely his/her fault. However that does not mean that we should not examine our own lives. As Plato once said 'the unexamined life is not worth living'.

This will be a classic!!!

Author: pipercat10 from Illinois
13 May 2011

I thought the acting was outstanding, the writing was superb - funniest movie I've seen in a long time. My husband and I both thought it was hilarious and both consider it a 10. The whole theater was laughing their @#&!&% off!!! There really wasn't a weak link in the acting and the movie never slowed down. It just kept going and going with the laughs. I guarantee this will be a classic for future brides, best friends, and all others that need a laugh. Melissa McCarthy was outstanding. Aside from Kristen Wiig, she made the movie. Everyone's role fit them perfectly and they didn't leave it with a weak ending. It was funny to the end.

this film sucks!!

Author: Peter P from Netherlands
28 July 2011

In my entire life I haven't been so much annoyed and irritated by a movie! Needless to say, my girlfriend and I walked out after 1 hour (the whole movie is about 2 hours long!) This movie is literally fart-poop-vomit ''comedy" with no plot, poor acting, and no point at all. After one hour (with constantly getting worse over time) this movie reached the point in which bridesmaids are vomiting in close shots all over the place and over each other in the fancy bridal shop!! What can I say? At that point I took it as an insult to the audience, who has been so shamefully cheated by the trailers and false marketing to buy the tickets for a ''romantic comedy". Instead, we got this disgusting and terrible movie which is a total waste of money and time and an insult to the common sense, after all. As another reviewer said: giving this movie 1 out of 10 can be considered generous!

Don't waste your time!

Author: arobertson16 from Australia
20 June 2011

I have only one word to describe this movie, AWFUL!!! This is badly written, poorly acted and edited and after about 30 minutes I wanted to walk out, something I have never had the urge to do in the movies before! The whole movie is one bad scene after another and seems only to rely on gross out toilet jokes and other disgusting humor that makes me want to wretch at the thought. It seems a lot of Hollywood movies lately are getting more and more daring on the things they get their actors to say and do. I'm all for realism in movies and I don't object to cursing or natural bodily functions being used in a humorous way but when whole movies seem to be based on these jokes it really starts to wear thin and just seems to be a desperate way to get audiences to laugh out loud. When you take away all the gross out jokes from this movie all we are left with is a nonsensical plot that goes nowhere, characters that seem unrealistic and one dimensional and a feeling that Hollywood has dropped yet another bomb into an already overflowing toilet bowl.

glad when it was over

Author: deestreetderrick from United States
16 May 2011

Went to see this movie on opening night with my wife. My wife laughs at almost anything remotely funny and I didn't hear much out of her for the first 20-30min. I found the best aspect of the movie was the relationship between Kristen Wiigs character and the policeman. I found the parts with the bridesmaids to be be over the top, ridiculous, and annoying. They tried too hard to be funny. I did like Kristen Wiig's character and wouldn't mind seeing her in a romantic comedy. Chris Odowd's character was charming. endearing and was the most real. I was really rooting for him to end up with the girl. In all, the movie has some funny parts (mostly what you see in the trailer) but it would probably have been better to have rented it.